🏈 Pick #13 is in! Raiders select TE, Brock Bowers, Georgia

8 hours ago, Geezy said:

No we were supposed to take a OL or CB because need lol not anyone in particular either just one to fill the need lol 

Wait…I took several months off from the forum and have been out of the loop but did someone actually try to argue that we should draft a JAG OL or CB instead of Bowers? 

2 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Wait…I took several months off from the forum and have been out of the loop but did someone actually try to argue that we should draft a JAG OL or CB instead of Bowers? 

The Bowers pick definitely got criticized because we took a TE instead of a position of greater need, and we'd just taken Mayer the previous draft.

I get both sides of the argument, but couldn't be happier so far with Bowers' output, and think he's only going to get better.

17 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Yup, the more attention bowers starts getting is really going to open things up for Mayer. 

I expect him to have a big game in a few weeks.

Meh I think it’s over for mayer he’s too slow and can’t really separate. He’s basically a back up or blocking te. Brock way more dynamic and versatile.

9 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Pretty much 

16 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh I think it’s over for mayer he’s too slow and can’t really separate. He’s basically a back up or blocking te. Brock way more dynamic and versatile.

Definitely agree with the last sentence.

disagree with it being over for Mayer.

Our game plans the first two weeks have been to establish the run. Which hasn’t worked. 

Hopefully it’s now pass first to set up the run.

i think if that’s the case Mayer will become more valuable. 

9 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Let’s not act like the oline doesn’t/didn’t need help. Brock is balling but oline still making it almost impossible to run the offense 

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Definitely agree with the last sentence.

disagree with it being over for Mayer.

Our game plans the first two weeks have been to establish the run. Which hasn’t worked. 

Hopefully it’s now pass first to set up the run.

i think if that’s the case Mayer will become more valuable. 

Meh mayer can be guarded by a semi athletic de in the pass game Imo he’s not a threat past 5-7 yards. Still not the best blocker either. Brock will eat all his targets rightfully so fwiw. 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh mayer can be guarded by a semi athletic de in the pass game Imo he’s not a threat past 5-7 yards. Still not the best blocker either. Brock will eat all his targets rightfully so fwiw. 

If Mayer is covered by the 2nd LB I’d hope we take that shot more often than not tho.

but yes Mayer is a short pass guy, I think he really could be useful for 3rd and shorts and Redzone matchup nightmares.

Brock looks like a 10+ target guy a game.

Mayer may be 5 or less, but if they are all first downs I’d love it even if he’s stat line is 5 catches 30 yards.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

If Mayer is covered by the 2nd LB I’d hope we take that shot more often than not tho.

but yes Mayer is a short pass guy, I think he really could be useful for 3rd and shorts and Redzone matchup nightmares.

Brock looks like a 10+ target guy a game.

Mayer may be 5 or less, but if they are all first downs I’d love it even if he’s stat line is 5 catches 30 yards.

5/30 for a high 2nd rounder we traded up to get? And you’d love that? Agree to disagree homie

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

5/30 for a high 2nd rounder we traded up to get? And you’d love that? Agree to disagree homie

For a guy who constantly says 3 and outs hurts the D, 

I thought you’d value 5 first down mores.

High 3rd down conversion rates is a great way to improve your chances of winning.

• Like 1