fretgod99

UPDATE: Davis Suspended 1 Game for Head Shot on Adams

I don't know. I wouldn't suspend anyone for a block like that. Most of those happen on kick returns or pick returns. Plays that aren't really planned and you wind up having to all of a sudden block someone. That isn't malicious intent like, say, Burfict or Meriweather or Gronk or the Seahawks players from a couple weeks ago. Which should be clear suspensions.

Hit him with the helmet in the face mask. Even if it wasn’t intentional, you cannot do that. And, since he’s been fined for head shots before, you have to suspend him. First time maybe not. But that’s not the case here.

I agree with the suspension, although I think it'll be appealed to 1 game. My issue tho, is that the NFL doesn't have a history of suspending guys for 2 games on this. Maybe it's changing that way, and they went with 2 in hopes that any appeal will still end with a 1 game suspension. Think the NFL has done a poor job of suspensions for these hits, and having a coherent and fair process.

19 hours ago, Dingo18287 said:

I agree with the suspension, although I think it'll be appealed to 1 game. My issue tho, is that the NFL doesn't have a history of suspending guys for 2 games on this. Maybe it's changing that way, and they went with 2 in hopes that any appeal will still end with a 1 game suspension. Think the NFL has done a poor job of suspensions for these hits, and having a coherent and fair process.

Penalty gets steeper if you are a repeat offender. They honestly need to adapt targeting rules similar to college football. They need to start enforcing ejections and stripping players game checks for hits like that.

good to hear its been reduced to one game. How will our defense do without TD, Shaq and CJ absent??

Shaq is practicing. Expect some extra Mayo on the field this Sunday (sorry...). Maybe we'll see some Jared Norris or Ben Jacobs too, which would be kinda weird.

Bucs just put OJ Howard and 3/5 of their OLine is on IR now. Defense should be fine.

18 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Penalty gets steeper if you are a repeat offender. They honestly need to adapt targeting rules similar to college football. They need to start enforcing ejections and stripping players game checks for hits like that.

I agree, he should have been sent off at the time. They have to outlaw these hits.