Packers Re-Sign QB Joe Callahan

CWood21

Unless Rodgers is legitimately hurt other than his collarbone, I still think this is stupid, and I'm sure Aaron agrees.  Since the Patriots cheated for their way to at least three Super Bowls, the only thing Rodgers will have over Brady is statistics.  He needs them. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Unless Rodgers is legitimately hurt other than his collarbone, I still think this is stupid, and I'm sure Aaron agrees.  Since the Patriots cheated for their way to at least three Super Bowls, the only thing Rodgers will have over Brady is statistics.  He needs them. 

And he has a great shot at one, next year. That shot gets better with a better defense and an easier schedule. It also gets loads better if he spends an off-season in his full workout/throwing routine and not rehabbing.

We're not going to the SB this year. Even if we got in by some miracle, it's going to take 38 a game from Rodgers to win it all.

Rodgers has all bit confirmed that his collarbone is not at 100% and he was clearly feeling it yeastsrday. He's also said he wouldn't have played if the playoffs were out of the question. To me it's a no brainer to sit him. If he played a different position, I doubt they take him off IR. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Why?  Of course Rodgers is a competitor, and wants to play.  But he also knows what's best for him and the team long-term.  IF Rodgers isn't 100% (or pretty darn close), and the Packers are out of contention what exactly do the Packers stand to gain by running him out there?  Even Rodgers admitted that he probably wouldn't have been cleared had they been already eliminated from the playoffs.  Let him rest the rest of the season and regroup for the 2018 season.

Archived