LT Donald Penn out for season with foot injury

RaidersAreOne

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000895202/article/donald-penn-foot-to-undergo-seasonending-surgery

Donald Penn's season is over.

Oakland's rock at left tackle is undergoing foot surgery scheduled for Thursday and will miss the remainder of the regular season, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. Penn suffered the injury during the Raiders' close loss to the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday night.

As a result, Penn will miss a regular season game for the first time as a Raider. One of the league's most reliable pass protectors, Penn hasn't missed a regular season start since the 2007 season.

Not good for us, although Newhouse looked solid at LT yesterday. Thoughts on Penn going forward? Is he done as a Raider?

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Our starting Left Tackle who hasn't missed a game since 2007, and is missing the final 2 games of the year, is not news worthy?

Settle down lady.

2 meaningless games when we've never had a player specific injury topic before besides the Franchise.

Him missing the games is news worthy just not topic worthy IMO. Blow Me!

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

But he gets to call me a lady and it's cool...

Not to me.

The fact that any of you are chill when discussing the Raiders is troubling to me.

Just because most of us aren't losing our minds, like apparently you are, when discussing our team doesn't make us any less of a fan than you are.

You're too over the top. Very condescending in your responses when people disagree with you, and instigate alot of back and forth *** for tats on here. Chilout dude, it's going to be ok.

2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

But he gets to call me a lady and it's cool...

Not to me.

The fact that any of you are chill when discussing the Raiders is troubling to me.

Because you instigated it.  Dude, we're all on the same team here.  Its all good.  This year just isn't our year.  Doesn't mean we need to be at each other's throats. 

Going forward, if the Raiders and Carr are going to continue to run this same style of offense where we spread the field, target within 5 yards of the LOS, don't let plays develop, rarely take shots down the field, get the ball out quicker than anyone else in the NFL - I'm not sure if that style of offense requires a top tier LT to function.

Penn was a good solid player for us, but the style of our offense inflated his pass blocking efficiency numbers a bit - really our whole offensive line benefited. So it'll be really interesting to see who our new OC is, and what his philosophies will be. 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Time to move on IMO. Penn has been a soldier for a generation. Great career, but coming off an injury at his age and already slowing down.... time to get younger and think about protecting Carr's blindside for the future.

Penn held out and got a new contract .. lol... Penn agent got over on Reggie

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Penn held out and got a new contract .. lol... Penn agent got over on Reggie

To an extent, yes.  But on the flip side, he reported to camp without a new contract.  Then Reggie rewarded him for it.  It shows players in and outside of the building that we reward guys and are willing to work with them if they're willing to work with us.

Archived