Player Movement:

1. Guys gone: Autry, Ellis, Carrie, Jano, Nelson, Amerson, Smith, Roberts
  2. Guy resigned: Bowman 2 year deal, Manuel 2y
  3. Extend Mack: over 20m a year  5-6 y

Draft:

1. R1: Vita Vea DT
  2. R2: Jaire Alexander CB
  3. R3: Danny Johnson CB- small school kid but perfect for the slot
  4. Day 3: Look for guys with twitch athletic guys who can play: RB, WR, TE, T, DE, DT, LB, S I believe Raiders will get 4-5 comp picks 

Summary: Get a blue chip defensive starter on the trenches, attack a weak unit Cornerback. Give Lynch another year, LBs maybe draft one high but James and Morrow showing potential. Bowman still has talent, Joseph and Obi need to play together

Free agency:

as expected Reggie should wait until after the first week of free agency, when players aren't getting overpaid
sign vets that aren't washed at these spot: WR, DT, CB, S 

have about 10-12 M to sign a few of those vets

QB: Carr, Manuel

RB: Lynch, Washington, Richard, Day 3 rookie

WR: Cooper, Vet,  day 3 rookie

WR: Crabtree, Patterson

TE: Cook, Walford, day 3 rookie

T: Penn, Newhouse, Sharpe, Ware/Day 3

G: KO, Jackson, Alexander, Kirkland

C: Hudson, Feliciano

DE: Mack, Edwards, Vet, Day 3 Pick, Calhoun

DT: Vea, Veteran, Vanderdoes, Ward, Hester

OLB: Irvin, Morrow, James, Cowser

MLB: Bowman, Woodson/Lee

CB: Conely, Alexander, Mcdonald

CB: Vet , Johnson, Hamilton

S:  Joseph, Obi, vet, Luani

Thoughts: Grade?

Thoughts:

• Not a fan of the solutions at corner. I'd imagine the group would be markedly worse if two day 2 rookies are forced to start.
  • I like Vea, but I'm still not sure if he can provide a pass rush early in his career. There are other interior linemen who are nearly as good against the run but who could be had much later.
  • Hard to gauge without a complete free agency haul. On the surface I wouldn't like this outcome.

4 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Thoughts:

• Not a fan of the solutions at corner. I'd imagine the group would be markedly worse if two day 2 rookies are forced to start.
  • I like Vea, but I'm still not sure if he can provide a pass rush early in his career. There are other interior linemen who are nearly as good against the run but who could be had much later.
  • Hard to gauge without a complete free agency haul. On the surface I wouldn't like this outcome.

Vea would dominate the LOS for us... Good thing there are 4 Qbs who might go in the top ten: Darnold, Rosen, Jackson, Mayfield....

Vea no doubt would sure up the trenches against the run, but he is the strongest player in the draft. He has freakish strength and would command a double... He is also athletic enough to pressure the QB..you invest in the trenches.... 

Deep Corner class, we should be able to land a good player in the first two rounds... Trumaine Johnson or Richard Sherman would be a free agent I would pursue... I think Sherman might get waived

16 minutes ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

I want Fuller from Chicago 

That would be good.. I would much rather upgrade the position then sign Carrie 5m a year, keep Amerson 6m, Smith 10m....  we are talk of the nfl for having horrible DB play... would rather be aggressive and draft a corner and sign an upgrade in free agency.. double dip in corners in the draft in fact, with a vet upgrade

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Free Agents

1. Mike Wallace
  2. Nate Allen 
  3. Trumaine Johnson

I wouldn't be a fan of that free agent haul. I don't get the logic signing Allen when the team projects to have 3 starting caliber safeties going into 2018 in Joseph, Melifonwu, and Luani. Mike Wallace would be an okay signing, but he's another guy with very suspect hands. Truman Johnson is going to cost a boatload based on his reputation, but I don't think he's worthy nearly what he's going to get.

@OakRaiders3828 I'm a big Fuller fan, but I think he's played himself into another contract in Chicago. I used to regularly mock him to the Raiders earlier this year.

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

no thoughts?

Fire Del Rio, hire Josh Mcdaniels

Stoped reading right there. Completely unrealistic right off the jump. McDaniels isn't going to leave NE to work for Mark Davis. He's been selective about his coaching including pulling his name out of the 9ers job a year ago. He's not coming to Oakland/Vegas to work with Davis.

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Free Agents

1. Mike Wallace
  2. Nate Allen 
  3. Trumaine Johnson

Trumain Johnson is going to be paid among the top CBs in the game. Where is that money coming from with a 125 mil QB and having to resign Mack who will command likely the largest contract for a defensive player. THINK.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Trumain Johnson is going to be paid among the top CBs in the game. Where is that money coming from with a 125 mil QB and having to resign Mack who will command likely the largest contract for a defensive player. THINK.

relax man... Sean Smith and Amerson paid combined 16m a year... we could swing a deal for a for a  tight flight corner. look at the steelers and pats they are able to pay their stars... man this board sucks.. people just bash a person trying to talk about the raiders... a post could be good but maybe they don't agree with 1percent but they will comment and blow up the one percent

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

relax man... Sean Smith and Amerson paid combined 16m a year... we could swing a deal for a for a  tight flight corner. look at the steelers and pats they are able to pay their stars... man this board sucks.. people just bash a person trying to talk about the raiders... a post could be good but maybe they don't agree with 1percent but they will comment and blow up the one percent

Collins, Jones among their stars have all left. They are masters at managing their cap and working their drafts. More importantly coaching their talent up.

I'm not trying to bash. But there is a certain sense of realism that has to come into play. 

Think about it.... Josh McDaniels, not even logical. Carr signed, Mack/Cooper on deck. Reggie is frugal, wouldn't wrap top money in a FA CB. So what game do you want us to play? The reality based what Davis/McKenzie will play. Or your own fantasy fan based pipe-dream?

12 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Fire Del Rio, hire Josh Mcdaniels

Stoped reading right there. Completely unrealistic right off the jump. McDaniels isn't going to leave NE to work for Mark Davis. He's been selective about his coaching including pulling his name out of the 9ers job a year ago. He's not coming to Oakland/Vegas to work with Davis.

I think he wants a stable qb situation. He was eyeing detroit's job and Carr would offer similar stability. We won't fire JDR, but he'd be intrigued to say the least.

Archived