Taking the next step

pf9

A few years ago, the NFL began suspending the blackout rule on a year-to-year basis.

If they abolish it permanently, I'd also like to see them abolish the no opposing games rule, because in some markets it prevents people from watching more compelling NFL games than their local team if their team happens to be doing poorly, unless they had Sunday Ticket.

I live in Columbus, directly in the middle of Cleveland and Cincinnati. They had Browns games on from week 1-13 and once they went 0-13 they started putting Bengals games on CBS in Columbus instead of Browns games. I dont know if it was blacked out or just a locational programming change, but I was still able to watch on Sunday Ticket.

The only other thing that could happen is that ESPN start flexing 3 college games that are very compelling to Sundays each week and air them as a tripleheader giving people in markets with poor-performing NFL teams another option.

2 hours ago, pf9 said:

The only other thing that could happen is that ESPN start flexing 3 college games that are very compelling to Sundays each week and air them as a tripleheader giving people in markets with poor-performing NFL teams another option.

That will never ever happen. 

Archived