Day 3 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

From someone who has never been to Detroit (And not to diss any Detroiters) but is the city for the most part... rough? From everything I see it doesn't look very nice lol.

Very much so.

Parts Unknown with Anthony Bourdain Detroit episode shows it pretty well.

Maybe nowa days its starting to change a bit but i doubt it.

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

From someone who has never been to Detroit (And not to diss any Detroiters) but is the city for the most part... rough? From everything I see it doesn't look very nice lol.

Depends on where you are. Detroit is like any big city. There are nice parts and there are rough parts. 

• Like 2

Just now, Louis Friend said:

Depends on where you are. Detroit is like any big city. There are nice parts and there are rough parts. 

Fair enough! I am loving the crowds and vibes I am catching this weekend.

However ever movie or show taking place in DET that I've seen looks abandoned and abused. Was this an old/current issue?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sad People said:

Very much so.

Parts Unknown with Anthony Bourdain Detroit episode shows it pretty well.

Maybe nowa days its starting to change a bit but i doubt it.

Downtown is actually pretty nice, the riverfront is pretty nice, corktown is coming up. Just depends on where you are

• Like 3

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Fair enough! I am loving the crowds and vibes I am catching this weekend.

However ever movie or show taking place in DET that I've seen looks abandoned and abused. Was this an old/current issue?

It’s an ongoing issue. Detroit was basically neglected for 35-50 yrs with inept and fraudulent leadership. But it’s making a comeback. Of course, that starts downtown and spreads outward into the neighborhoods.  My old street had numerous empty lots where homes used to stand. Drove through about a year ago and some of the houses have been completely rebuilt and renovated. Some lots are still empty. 

• Like 3