Round 4, Pick 127: TE Cade Stover

Who is Cade Stover? Explaining Ohio State TE's 'Farmer Gronk' nickname |  Sporting News

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/cade-stover/32005354-4f76-3332-ef91-581e774c28f8

Overview

Catch first, block second tight end whose jump in play as a receiving threat is going to be hard to ignore. Stover is a tight end conversion from the defensive side of the ball. He’s a little clunky getting off the line but really picks up the pace as the route unfolds. He starred as a high school hooper and that same athleticism can be found in his route running, high-point timing and run after catch. Stover possesses the tools to move in a positive direction as a run blocker but needs to upgrade his grit at the point of attack and effort as a move blocker. He’s an upside prospect with the potential to play in-line or flexed out and should become a productive starter within a couple of years.

Edited by Texansfan713

I really like Stover.  Nothing wrong with keeping your franchise QB happy.  At the worst I see him being a servicable number 2 TE.  The stat I really love is he didn't have a drop all of last season.  Blocking could use work but he gives us another receiving option.  Schultz, Jordan and Stover is a pretty good TE trio.

• Like 1