24 Draft: Eagles Select - 05.152 WR Ainias Smith

Top 30 visit, not a surprise. Honestly know nothing about the kid but when you add the KR/PR ability, the fact he was used in the running game, he could be that "Deebo type" Weapon teams are looking to acquire for Kellen Moore?  

30 minutes ago, Danger said:

Meh.

Would've preferred Malik Washington, Brennan Rice, or Jamari Thrash.

I know others are high on him, but his size/speed combo is pretty underwhelming.

Could still get your wish.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Meh.

Would've preferred Malik Washington, Brennan Rice, or Jamari Thrash.

I know others are high on him, but his size/speed combo is pretty underwhelming.

Yeah but he seems to be a good football player

Posted (edited)

Waldman was definitely a fan lol.

I really think his strengths are like the opposite of Quez Watkins.

He's not a straight line burner like Quez, but has much better COD/quickness. 

He's strong at the catch point and good tracking along with being a good/smart runner with the ball in his hands. All of that is like the anti Quez.

Definitely a guy you wanna scheme some touches up for and utilize him with the new kickoff rules and that's perfect for a WR3/4 in this offense. His HC Jimbo Fisher said he has 3 things.. ability, super competitive and great intelligence. He just seems like a hard worker who isn't gonna complain if he's not getting touches. Also, even though he's only 5'9" he is still solidly built and threw up an impressive 21 reps on the bench. 

Probably doesn't have the size or length to be great at sustaining, but he's not gonna back down as a blocker.

We couldn't count on Quez to run block to save his life when someone else was getting the ball and when he did, well.....

:/

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

Any WR who can catch is an upgrade over Quez Watkins. No more Todd Pinkston alligator arms WR's on this roster please. If he can do at least that, I'll happily watch anything more  unfold.