NFL General - Steelers Forum

steelcurtain29

12 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The salt

I hope pulling that move last year was worth it for him.   He partially ruined his legacy in Pittsburgh.  Would have been a revered former player.  Just glad he didn't win the SB.  

(Yes, I'm bitter)

2 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

I hope pulling that move last year was worth it for him.   He partially ruined his legacy in Pittsburgh.  Would have been a revered former player.  Just glad he didn't win the SB.  

(Yes, I'm bitter)

Let's not forget the reason he became so vocal. I don't agree going public with beefs but the Man NEVER saw the field. If you believe him, he re-signed with the understanding he'd get some PT. When that didn't happen week after week he blew up. The coaches have to take some blame for that whole scenario. And as far as going to the Pats, you can't blame him for that. He saw an opportunity to go to a SB and took it. The team he played for before becomes irrelevant. 

19 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Let's not forget the reason he became so vocal. I don't agree going public with beefs but the Man NEVER saw the field. If you believe him, he re-signed with the understanding he'd get some PT. When that didn't happen week after week he blew up. The coaches have to take some blame for that whole scenario. And as far as going to the Pats, you can't blame him for that. He saw an opportunity to go to a SB and took it. The team he played for before becomes irrelevant. 

YES BUT, he handled the situation extremely poorly.  For a seasoned veteran playing the ultimate TEAM sport, his actions were purely ME, ME, ME.  I completely agree that Tomlin misused him, but honestly, what did he expect at the age of 39??  No one knew at the beginning of the season how quickly T.J. Watt would acclimate himself to the NFL game.  

Yea the issue with Harrison is 100% that he was purposely disruptive because he didn't get his way. The plan going into the season was likely for him to play significant snaps while Watt got up to speed. When Watt came on much earlier than the staff expected, plans changed. Harrison then decided to throw tantrums because he didn't the playing time he expected. This is the same guy that is SO against participation trophies, but wanted playing time because he was told that was the plan instead of performance in practice.

27 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

13-3 is my prediction with losses to Baltimore, New Olreans, and Oakland.

Possible #1 Seed in AFC. 

12-4 after the NFL adjusts the results of the Pats game with another fake call.

25 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

13-3 is my prediction with losses to Baltimore, New Olreans, and Oakland.

Possible #1 Seed in AFC. 

They always lose to an inferior team on the road...usually early in the season....they’ll lose to the Bucs wk 3 and they have a bad history IIRC of going to the west coast against DA Raidas(Berman voice)...they’ll lose at least 1 of these 2 games.

Archived