NFL General - Steelers Forum

steelcurtain29

19 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

He deserves it.

Really hoping he retires.   I wont feel comfortable seeing him on the field again. 

Yup. Its one thing to use it as motivation to get back to full health, but it would be another thing completely to line up on the field and get ready for that car crash again. After going through that, I just couldnt imagine the mental strain it would even have on himself every snap. You have to play fearless and I, personally, dont understand how that fear couldnt be very real inside of you at all times. 

I think its in his and our best interests to move on. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a video of Tomlin describing his initial thoughts on the Draft Class. It's the typical puff piece but the main reason I posted it is because Tomlin is sporting the sweetest Steeler hat I've ever seen. I checked the New Era website but they don't have it. Any of you Yinzers know where I can get one?

http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Tomlin-likes-what-he-hears-so-far/4a3a1b8f-a429-4630-8187-c2500894c44f

• 2 weeks later...

Bell's new "Rap" lyrics….You think if I sit out, I’ll be sluggish, You think they won’t pay me because of drug tests. For a fact, I ain’t never failed one, that’s on me. You so worried about the weed, what about them PEDs?”

So did he just throw Gilbert under the bus or is this some innocuous reference?

More gems..."So they put me on the tag, alright. Definitely not going to trip like I that bad guy. Wonder why they treat me like the bad guy. You say I ain’t the best, but that’s a bad lie. I’m a do what I want just leave me alone. If I don’t do what you want then you want me gone. I’m a say you being real aggressive, the way you switch up on me real impressive".

The 2019 RB Draft class doesn't look all that impressive to me. These last 2 drafts have had some really nice RB talent that we've missed out on but I understand the rationale. I don't see Bell here next year and I personally don't think Connor or Samuels are 3 down RBs so it'll be interesting to see how they manage the eventual drop off Post-Bell. 

Also, he is quite possibly the worst "Rapper" I've ever heard and I'm old enough to remember Chunky A. 

Link to whole article... https://www.yahoo.com/sports/le-veon-bell-another-rap-150423250.html

I hope for 3 things....

1) He doesn’t sign an extension and finishes out year on the tag...

2) He’s given 400 touches and is rode into the ground.

3)He’s somewhere else next year...

What a clown.

On 5/27/2018 at 9:19 AM, Chieferific said:

Bell's new "Rap" lyrics….You think if I sit out, I’ll be sluggish, You think they won’t pay me because of drug tests. For a fact, I ain’t never failed one, that’s on me. You so worried about the weed, what about them PEDs?”

More gems..."So they put me on the tag, alright. Definitely not going to trip like I that bad guy. Wonder why they treat me like the bad guy. You say I ain’t the best, but that’s a bad lie. I’m a do what I want just leave me alone. If I don’t do what you want then you want me gone. I’m a say you being real aggressive, the way you switch up on me real impressive".

Part 1:  Definitely throwing shade at the NFL there.  Just think about it.  He's referencing that the DUI and not being present for a test is why he was suspended.  I think he's calling out the NFL that PED use is still rampant, but they vilify him for that.

Part 2:  I'm......I'm kinda with him on that.  We're making him out like the bad guy, but I've hated the tag because it almost forces teams to have to overpay a guy.  We're telling him we're willing to guarantees $14+mil, so why shouldn't he ask us for more.  And the argument part is easy for him.  I'm worth at least that guaranteed, why are you not willing to pay me that much more.  He's right.  Everyone wants to tell him what to do, find reasons to not label him the best, and then he's helping call him the best.

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

Part 1:  Definitely throwing shade at the NFL there.  Just think about it.  He's referencing that the DUI and not being present for a test is why he was suspended.  I think he's calling out the NFL that PED use is still rampant, but they vilify him for that.

Part 2:  I'm......I'm kinda with him on that.  We're making him out like the bad guy, but I've hated the tag because it almost forces teams to have to overpay a guy.  We're telling him we're willing to guarantees $14+mil, so why shouldn't he ask us for more.  And the argument part is easy for him.  I'm worth at least that guaranteed, why are you not willing to pay me that much more.  He's right.  Everyone wants to tell him what to do, find reasons to not label him the best, and then he's helping call him the best.

Part 1: But the NFL does test and suspend for PEDs. If he skipped a PED test he'd be suspended for that too. He takes responsibility says it was his fault for the missed test but then minimizes the seriousness of it by making an irrelevant statement about PED use.

Part 2: He turned down something like $15+ Million and would have been the highest paid RB by a couple of million.  He wanted more guaranteed. Well he made his bed by missing games because of injury AND poor decisions. So he complains about being made the "bad guy" and then makes the Steelers out to be penny pinchers. Neither is accurate.   

15 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I think he turned down 13.5M last year but what is 1 or 2 million :D

It was $30m in the first 2 years and $42m after 3 years. So $14m per year. $6m more a year then the current high of McCoy's $8m a year. 

Archived