NFL General - Steelers Forum

steelcurtain29

48 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Part 1: But the NFL does test and suspend for PEDs. If he skipped a PED test he'd be suspended for that too. He takes responsibility says it was his fault for the missed test but then minimizes the seriousness of it by making an irrelevant statement about PED use.

Part 2: He turned down something like $15+ Million and would have been the highest paid RB by a couple of million.  He wanted more guaranteed. Well he made his bed by missing games because of injury AND poor decisions. So he complains about being made the "bad guy" and then makes the Steelers out to be penny pinchers. Neither is accurate.   

If you think they do a good job in PED testing....woof.

Doesn't really change the point all that much to be honest.  Tagging him shows that they want him.  

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

If you think they do a good job in PED testing....woof.

Doesn't really change the point all that much to be honest.  Tagging him shows that they want him.  

If you think they do a good job in Weed testing...woof. Unless they've tested positive before, they know when/where they'll be tested. 

Of course they want him. He's the best RB in the League but he's trying to reinvent the pay scale. ONE player doesn't double the pay scale IMO.  

7 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

If you think they do a good job in Weed testing...woof. Unless they've tested positive before, they know when/where they'll be tested. 

Of course they want him. He's the best RB in the League but he's trying to reinvent the pay scale. ONE player doesn't double the pay scale IMO.  

I didn't say they do a good job in weed testing.  His commentary (IMO) is on they are out there getting on him for this when we know there are guys out there using PED's.

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I didn't say they do a good job in weed testing.  His commentary (IMO) is on they are out there getting on him for this when we know there are guys out there using PED's.

Not much of point. They're both being monitored in similar ways. To me it's the classic...."Yeah I messed up but look over there".

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

Not much of point. They're both being monitored in similar ways. To me it's the classic...."Yeah I messed up but look over there".

Not really.  In PED testing they are looking for masking agents and not the PED themselves (other than Adderall).   But then you get into a whole other discussion because the real good PED testing requires blood sampling, the Tour de France uses.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Not really.  In PED testing they are looking for masking agents and not the PED themselves (other than Adderall).   But then you get into a whole other discussion because the real good PED testing requires blood sampling, the Tour de France uses.

"Similar ways" meaning frequency and suspensions. I believe they test for more then Adderall. If Adderall was the only PED they tested for, why take a masking agent? Doesn't make sense. Obviously there are more PEDs then THCs so to test for all of them is difficult. Besides, if you think Bell has put this much thought into his "lyric" you give him way more credit then I do. 

2 hours ago, Chieferific said:

"Similar ways" meaning frequency and suspensions. I believe they test for more then Adderall. If Adderall was the only PED they tested for, why take a masking agent? Doesn't make sense. Obviously there are more PEDs then THCs so to test for all of them is difficult. Besides, if you think Bell has put this much thought into his "lyric" you give him way more credit then I do. 

I didn't say that Adderall was all the tested for. Comeon man.  They test for it all, but in a piss test for PEDs you look for things that can mask PED's.  In fact here's how the NFL testing differs:

The NFL uses an isoform test, which detects synthetic HGH. But the test has a very short detection window of just 24 to 48 hours. So if a notification is given to a player to test at home, he may have up to 24 hours before having to submit a sample. The USADA, and in turn the UFC, uses a more precise bio marker test that looks for a chemical fingerprint to detect HGH several weeks after usage.

The USADA can also create a "biological passport" of an athlete by compiling an athlete's results over time. Such a profile can help identify changes or physiological trends that may occur in an athlete's body. The NFL destroys a player's specimens after 90 days, but the USADA can keep them for 10 years. This allows it to test them again with even more precise technology.

So in HGH testing the NFL is testing for that synthetic HGH, which essentially looks for the masking agents (things you can take along with the synthetic HGH to artificially raise all levels so nothing seems overly high in comparison).  The bio-marker is looking for the actual chemical structure of HGH which is harder to fool.

In fact all you have to do is google "NFL HGH use" or "NFL HGH problems" and you'll see articles saying it's rampant.

6 hours ago, warfelg said:

I didn't say that Adderall was all the tested for. Comeon man.  They test for it all, but in a piss test for PEDs you look for things that can mask PED's.  In fact here's how the NFL testing differs:

So in HGH testing the NFL is testing for that synthetic HGH, which essentially looks for the masking agents (things you can take along with the synthetic HGH to artificially raise all levels so nothing seems overly high in comparison).  The bio-marker is looking for the actual chemical structure of HGH which is harder to fool.

In fact all you have to do is google "NFL HGH use" or "NFL HGH problems" and you'll see articles saying it's rampant.

I was confused by the statement "In PED testing they are looking for masking agents and not the PED themselves (other than Adderall)." I took that to mean they're looking for only masking agents and Adderall. And of course I'm not debating PED use is rampant in the NFL. Of course it is, but so is weed. My issue is your apparent agreement with Bell that the NFL doesn't test AND suspend for PEDs as aggressively as they do THC. I disagree. In fact, I feel like I see more suspensions for PED use then I do marijuana. If it isn't, it seems close. 

20 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I was confused by the statement "In PED testing they are looking for masking agents and not the PED themselves (other than Adderall)." I took that to mean they're looking for only masking agents and Adderall. And of course I'm not debating PED use is rampant in the NFL. Of course it is, but so is weed. My issue is your apparent agreement with Bell that the NFL doesn't test AND suspend for PEDs as aggressively as they do THC. I disagree. In fact, I feel like I see more suspensions for PED use then I do marijuana. If it isn't, it seems close. 

Fair enough.  I think if they were as on top of it as they were weed, we would be seeing many more suspensions.  Basically if the testing were better PED suspensions would be off the charts.

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

Hawkin's injury leaves them mighty thin at OT.

They drafted a guy in the 3rd round, and they will sign another no name to replace him.    

Hawkins, at the very best, is JAG.     Wont be hard to fill the void at all.   I wanted to see if he could progress and turn into something better, but Im not going to assume he would.      Its basically the same situation as Senquez Golson was....had potential, but was never on the field enough to grow as a player.  

Archived