NFL General - Steelers Forum

steelcurtain29

It's "nice" to see other teams make crucial play call mistakes. The Jags could have closed out the 3rd Quarter but instead called a play. That play resulted in an incomplete pass which then left 5 seconds on the 3rd Quarter clock. It may seem innocuous but those types of things can (and did) add up.  

5 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

Unless the Vikings make a comeback I don’t think I’m going to even bother watching the Super Bowl. Seriously just zero interest in Patriots vs Eagles (minus Wentz).

kind of feel the same.. will still watch.. but its going to feel like a regular season game for me... have little interest in seeing NE again.. and that's not even the hate talking... I'm just bored with them now

1 hour ago, Neumatic said:

Unless the Vikings make a comeback I don’t think I’m going to even bother watching the Super Bowl. Seriously just zero interest in Patriots vs Eagles (minus Wentz).

Same.  I am so, so, so over Tommy Boy, Bill B and the Patriots.  If they win the SB again, I may just boycott the season next year.  I can't take anymore of that ****.  I've got better things to do that won't make me go postal.  

I dont hate the Pats like most Steeler fans, but I wont be watching the Superbowl.      However, the only way I was planning to watch is is the Steelers were in it or if there were two other teams I liked such as the Chiefs vs Vikings.    However, I dont particularly care about either team this year, and in general, the NFL just doesnt excite me like it used to.    The owners and their puppet (Goodell) are ruining the game along with the officiating, and the NFL forcefeeding fans their political views all year has just made me very fatigued of this entire league.

Honestly, if Ben had retired this offseason, I may have taken a season off from watching the NFL....maybe even longer.    I will always love the Steelers, regardless of how good or bad they are....but the NFL product as a whole just isnt doing it for me anymore.    I used to love every aspect and football used to be an escape for me.    Now, I sometimes have to force myself to sit through entire games because its just not fun for me anymore.   Again, only thing that keeps me coming back is my love for my team.

not sure if I can ever turn away from  the NFL.. just the way football is set-up makes it difficult...games on sundays in the fall when nothing much else is happening .. won't be buying any NFL products though ...because I really believe the NFL is run by sociopaths who suck at their job ..  these owners are lucky football is such a big deal in this country

In 2007, the Pittsburgh Steelers lost their first playoff game to the Jacksonville Jaguars who went on the next week to lose to the patriots who then went on to lose the Superbowl, as favorites, to an NFC east team at the very first Superbowl to be hosted in a newly built stadium, the University of Phoenix Stadium.

In 2008 the Steelers won the Superbowl.

In 2017, the Pittsburgh Steelers lost their first playoff game to the Jacksonville Jaguars who went on the next week to lose to the patriots who then went on to lose the Superbowl, as favorites, to an NFC east team at the very first Superbowl to be hosted in a newly built stadium, U.S. Bank Stadium.

Archived