NFL General - Steelers Forum

steelcurtain29

12 hours ago, warfelg said:

It was still bad pass rush.  That was worse than what we got this year.  I feel like Collinsworth was trying to make it out like we let a stud prime pass rusher go.  We didn't.  Harrison was barely getting there, and half the reason he got close at times was that the Eagles had a ton of long developing plays.

I feel like that was an added benefit for Collinsworth, but I think it has more to do with James Harrison has more name recognition than any other player on their defense just about.  I'm sure it was a talking point going into the game due to name recognition, the fact that hes also the oldest defense of player in the league which is a fun tidbit for casual fans, and the fact that he was such a late pickup and is a storied player from a rival franchise.  I'm sure Collinsworth was told to push the narrative leading up to the game

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

My bet is Ben gets an extension and Pouncy gets a rework.  I will not be surprised if Haden also gets a reworked contract.

All are possible...Ben has a March roster bonus coming up...good time to take that and part of base salary and add on a year or two in an extension  to create $7-10 mill in room.

Archived