NFL General - Steelers Forum

steelcurtain29

wonder what would happen if this did happen while he was a steeler and we knew this would happen

didn't we trade that pick to move up for Rudolph? guessing the NFL would make us give up a high pick from the 2019 draft ..voiding the deal could be a headache since multiple players would be involved

14 hours ago, August4th said:

wonder what would happen if this did happen while he was a steeler and we knew this would happen

didn't we trade that pick to move up for Rudolph? guessing the NFL would make us give up a high pick from the 2019 draft ..voiding the deal could be a headache since multiple players would be involved

If it was determined that they knew before trading him they would have to give up their 3rd Rdr next year (I assume). Unless the NFL added some sort of penalty which actually wouldn't surprise me. But I don't think any of that happens. 

7 hours ago, Chieferific said:

If it was determined that they knew before trading him they would have to give up their 3rd Rdr next year (I assume). Unless the NFL added some sort of penalty which actually wouldn't surprise me. But I don't think any of that happens. 

We traded Santonio Holmes knowing of an impending suspension and were never penalized. 

17 hours ago, warfelg said:

We traded Santonio Holmes knowing of an impending suspension and were never penalized. 

Was his pending suspension known to all? I feel like it was. There may not be any type of policy in place but it seems like if a team knew a player was about to be suspended and traded him to an unknowing team the NFL would frown upon that. Then again, maybe it's a case of buyer beware. 

7 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Was his pending suspension known to all? I feel like it was. There may not be any type of policy in place but it seems like if a team knew a player was about to be suspended and traded him to an unknowing team the NFL would frown upon that. Then again, maybe it's a case of buyer beware. 

I think yes and no.

I think it was known he didn't pass, what I don't think was known was is this the one that put him in the program or was it the one that suspended him.

• 1 month later...

So looks like Kevin Dodd was cut by the Titans.  I can’t say I saw him play at all in the pros, but thought he looked ok in college.  He might be a decent depth signing still only at 26.  I know he was cut for not attending camp bc he was upset about them selecting Landry.  Not sure if he is looking for a starting opportunity.

49 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

So looks like Kevin Dodd was cut by the Titans.  I can’t say I saw him play at all in the pros, but thought he looked ok in college.  He might be a decent depth signing still only at 26.  I know he was cut for not attending camp bc he was upset about them selecting Landry.  Not sure if he is looking for a starting opportunity.

I guess that's one approach. Another would be to get there early, bust your butt and make Landry earn the job. That's a lot of pride coming from a guy with 1 sack in 2 years. 

Archived