Merry Christams Mock. 3 Rounds (Browns trades)

zappa13004

Not a playoff picture, based on current standings (19 dec)

1- Browns : Sam Darnold QB USC
Josh Rosen looks like the more ready but if Darnold declares he is the one despite his mechanics. Big arm, throwing accurately while escaping the pressure , throwing through tight windows. He made mistakes this past season but that is not what scouts look for. He has a bright future, my humble opinion.

2- Giants : Josh Rosen QB UCLA
It seems time is coming to see someone else than Eli under center for the Giants. And im not talking about Geno Smith.
Rosen has some flaws but the biggest probably is his free speaking vs NewYork medias ! It could be a distration. But on the field that guy has tons of talent and the potential to be their face of the franchise for the next 10+ years.

3- Colts : Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame
We rarely see an interior lineman selected that high but they have to do their best to keep Luck healthy. Put Nelson between Castonzo and Kelly and Luck should have some time to throw.
OTs bring more positionnal value but Nelson is by far the best Olineman of that draft.

4- 49ers : Minkah Fitzpatrick CB Alabama 
Barkley would be enticing especially with his pass catching abilities as we saw what Shany did with his RBs in Atlanta in the passing game. Talking about his former RBs, they were a 4th and a 3rd rounder so i guess he could pass on one in the top 5.
Especially with such a deep class.
That team need a CB the worst way and Fitzpatrick is versatile and very good everywhere, outside, nickel or outside.

5- Cleveland via Texans : Saquon Barkley RB Penn St 
Tremendous back who can run outside or between tackles. He also has a great character and great hands to be a factor in the passing game.

6- Bucs : Bradley Chubb DE NC St
Various dysfonctionnal things on that team and the biggest one is a weak pass rush. Chubb is a cant miss at this point with his pass rush abilities and his way to also defend the run in a division with some very good QBs and very good RBs.

7- Bears : Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame
How to help a young QB ? Either by selecting a #1 WR or giving to him more protection. Leno is playing well this year but Massie, though not garbage, is average at best despite having a decent season. McGlinchey isn't perfect though but he increases his value with his ability to play on both sides.  

8- Broncos : Da'Ron Payne NT Alabama 
We saw what Peko did bring to that defense but he is 33 and cant be the future. Payne is not only a product of the system in 'Bama, he is very good on his own not because he is surrounded by good players. 

9- Jets : Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma
He is undersized yes. He raises some off field questions yes. Lamar Jackson depsite flaws on his game has more impressive traits.
But his successor as the Heisman winner is a better passer.
If he were 6'4 he would be in most mock drafts the #1 ! (Okay if he were 6'4 he would not play the same way). But a tall QB playing at this level leading a major program to playoffs would be considered a top 5 pick if not the #1. 
Most of time size matters but not always, he could be one of those examples of it.
He is accurate, he is mobile too. He has work ethic and his teammate root for him.
And his grinta is something very valuable for a team trying to have some success (Grinta = Winner/fighter mentality).

10- Bengals : Chukwuma Okorafor OT Western Michigan
I cant wait to see that dude at the Senior Bowl. 

11- Redskins : Roquan Smith LB Georgia
Is he the best ILB to come out since years ? Better than both Rueben Foster and Myles Jack ? He is probably the one with the most potential since Ryan Shazier. Both Zach Brown and Mason Foster will be FA and for now, Kirk Cousins is still a Redskin.

12- Raiders : Maurice Hurst DT Michigan 
They have to increase pressure on opposite QBs. Mack and Irvin are doing it outside but some inside pass rush is needed.
Hurst is very disruptive and i bet he'll steal the show in Mobile.

13- Dolphins : Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma
Lack of consistency and probably better on the right side but there he could replace FA to be James and open-up lanes for Drake and whoever else will play RB for that offense.

14- Cardinals : Josh Allen QB Wyoming
Very raw but like a diamond can be raw. Arians knows some about QBs and one year (or half of it) behind Gabbert while working on his flaws and that guy could be their new face of the franchise.

15- Chargers : Derwin James S Florida St
He sure could go higher especially with a good combine but i thought Malik Hooker too would go much higher. 

16- Packers : Carlton Davis CB Auburn
They still need to improve their coverage. Davis has size and cover skills to warrant a mid first round pick. 

17- Bills : Arden Key DE LSU
Will Hughes be there next year ? Key could replace him. He is an highly talented player but will drop some because of some off field issues.

18- Bills via Chiefs : Christian Wilkins DT Clemson

19- Cowboys : Vita Vea NT Washington 
With Crawford, Collins or Irving (FA) they have yet guys to put pressure from the inside, what they lack is a big run stuffer in the middle, one better than FA to be Paea. Vea is a moutain of a man with some pass rush abilities but his real strength is to occupy blockers and to oblige RBs to take a looong road to get around him.

20- Titans : Denzel Ward CB Ohio St
Does not have ideal size but he is glue to WRs.

21- Ravens : Courtland Sutton WR SMU
He could go much higher as personnaly i see him being better or at least as good as Corey Davis who went #5 last year. We're still far from April...

22- Lions : Derrius Guice RB LSU
Will they find a RB able to carry the load ? Or maybe the question is will they draft a RB able to stay healthy ?

23- Seahawks : Clellin Ferrell DE Clemson
They did bring in Freeney and Jordan but neither are a solution as quality depth on the Dline is a must for them. Ferrell would bring that and he has the potential to be a starter in the near future as Avril is 31 and Bennett 32.

24- Falcons : Taven Bryan DE Florida 
I bet Clayborn will cash in his good season so Bryan could replace him at a cheaper price. He would be an upgrade over Shelby and Crawford with who he'd rotate on their Dline.

25- Jaguars : Calvin Ridley WR Alabama
Despite his drops i like Lee but they wont have money for everyone and ARob is a priority. No emergency with Cole, Westbrook and Wickens on the roster but Ridley is a special talent and will help Bortles or someone else under center.

26- Rams : Billy Price C/G Ohio St
1- Price could upgrade Sullivan 2- Price can play guard. There is two solid starters in Saffold and Brown but injuries happen so it is valuable to have someone who can slide without loosing quality from C to G 3- Sullivan is good but he isn't the future, will be FA and the Rams have a young QB there for a long time.

27- Panthers : Ronnie Harrison S Alabama 
A solid defender on his own, not only because there is good ones around him. He has very good size and impact the game via tackles in the box but also coverage skills.

28- Steelers : Justin Reid S Stanford 
Mike Mitchell could be upgraded and Reid is versatile enough to form a great duo with Sean Davis for the future.

29- Vikings : Will Hernandez G UTEP
Not the biggest one but reports on him are very good. We will see him at the Senior Bowl and we'll know more about his level.

30- Saints : Rashaan Evans LB Alabama
Manti Teo isn't bad especially covering TEs but they'd benefit to have such a mike next to Klein and Anzalone/Robertson.

31- Patriots : Joshua Jackson CB Iowa 
They have yet Gilmore and Jones but Butler could leave.

32- Eagles : Christian Kirk WR TAM
Dynamic weapon to replace FA to be Torrey Smith.  

SECOND ROUND

33- Browns : Marcell Ateman WR Oklahoma St 
34- Giants : Bryce Love RB Stanford 
35- Colts : Damien Harris RB Alabama  
36- Patriots via 49ers : Josh Allen LB Kentucky  
37- Browns via Texans : Isaiah Oliver CB Colorado 
38- Bucs : DeShon Elliott S Texas 
39- Bears : Equanimous StBrown WR Notre Dame 
40- Broncos : Brian O'Neill OT Pitt 
41- Jets : Frank Ragnow C Arkansas 
42- Redskins : Derrick Nnadi DT Florida St 
43- Bengals : Braden Smith G Auburn 
44- Raiders : Jaire Alexander CB Louisville
45- Dolphins : Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma 
46- Cardinals : Kolton Miller OT UCLA 
47- Chargers : Connor Williams OT Texas 
48- Packers : Austin Bryant OLB Clemson
49- Ravens : Dallas Goedert TE South Dakota St 
50- Bills : Lamar Jackson QB Louisville  
51- Cowboys : Martinas Rankin G Miss St 
52- Titans : Harold Landry OLB Boston College 
53- Chiefs : James Washington WR Oklahoma St   
54- Lions : Mason Cole C Michigan 
55- Jets via Seahawks : Royce Freeman RB Oregon  
56- Falcons : Isaiah Wynn G Georgia 
57- Jaguars : Martez Ivey G/OT Florida   
58- Bills via Rams : Jerome Baker LB Ohio St 
59- Panthers : Sam Hubbard DE Ohio St 
60- Steelers : Kevin Tolliver CB LSU 
61- Vikings : Dre'Mont Jones DT Ohio St 
62- 49ers via Saints : Simmie Cobbs WR Indiana 
63- Patriots : Desmond Harrison OT West Georgia 
64- Browns via Eagles : TRADE
Browns receive M.Wilkerson DT
64- Jets : Jamarco Jones OT Ohio St

THIRD ROUND

65- Browns : TRADE
Browns receive A.Smith QB
65- Chiefs : Marcus Davenport OLB UTSA 
66- Giants : Tyrell Crosby OT Oregon 
67- Colts : Malik Jefferson LB Texas     
68- 49ers : Ross Pierschbacher G Alabama  
69- Texans : Quin Blanding S Virginia 
70- Bucs : Ken Webster CB Ole Miss 
71- 49ers via Bears : Ronald Jones RB USC 
72- Broncos : Mark Gesicki TE Penn State  
73- Jets : Ogbonnia Okoronkwo OLB Oklahoma   
74- Redskins : Michael Gallup WR Colorado St  
75- Bengals : Troy Fumagalli TE Wisconsin 
76- Raiders : Sony Michel RB Georgia 
77- Dolphins : Nick Chubb RB Georgia 
78- Cardinals : J.C. Jackson CB Maryland  
79- Chargers : Drew Lock QB Missouri
80- Packers : Hayden Hurst TE South Carolina
81- Ravens : Anthony Miller WR Memphis  
82- Panthers via Bills : Dante Pettis WR Washington  
83- Cowboys : Matthew Thomas LB Florida St 
84- Titans : Trenton Thompson DT Georgia 
85- Chiefs : Tavarrus McFadden CB Florida St  
86- Lions : Dontavius Russell DT Auburn
87- Texans via Seahawks : Andre Dillard OT Washington St 
88- Falcons : Rashaad Penny RB SanDiego St 
89- Jaguars : Adam Brenneman TE UMass 
90- Rams : Holton Hill CB Texas 
91- Panthers : Josh Adams RB Notre Dame 
92- Steelers : Kurt Benkert QB Virginia  
93- Vikings : Duke Ejiofor DE Wake Forest 
94- Saints : Dorance Armstrong edge Kansas 
95- Patriots : Luke Falk QB Washington St
96- Bills via Eagles : Kerryon Johnson RB Auburn

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Not sure about Key. McDermott preaches clean men off the field and usually likes his DE's to be 270+.

I really like Wilkins and love Jackson in round 2, though I can't see it happening.

Also Carolina has Buffalo's 3rd round pick.

Oh thats true..thank you

Just now, zappa13004 said:

Why ? Bridgewater will be there right ? Dont you think they'll resign Keenum too ?

Bridgewater, Bradford, Keenum are all free agents. I think they either keep Bridgewater or Keenum, because both will be paid decently well, and Bradford won't be brought back. I could see in the middle of the draft the Vikings taking a QB as a long term back-up option with chances of becoming a starter.

Just now, The Gnat said:

Bridgewater, Bradford, Keenum are all free agents. I think they either keep Bridgewater or Keenum, because both will be paid decently well, and Bradford won't be brought back. I could see in the middle of the draft the Vikings taking a QB as a long term back-up option with chances of becoming a starter.

Oh yeah, just understood ! I knew about Keenum and Bradford but i thought Bridgewater will be under contract. The thing is "if on injured list and not playing" his last rookie season would have been on 2018. But he played vs Bengals. So free-agent. So possible selection of a QB, indeed...

18 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Because they need interior pass rush along with veteran players.

possibly they sign him.  but theres no way mo has second round or hell fourth round value with his lack of performance and off field issues plus the huge contract

6 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

possibly they sign him.  but theres no way mo has second round or hell fourth round value with his lack of performance and off field issues plus the huge contract

I think a very late 2nd round is good value. He is only 28 and while having an average season, he proved to be an impact player. His contract is big but the cap space is too. But maybe im wrong about the trade value, possible.

Rosen will be a far better prospect then Darnold IMO. Darnold i think will be excellent but will take him 3-4 years whereas Rosen i believe will take 2-3 Years. However i feel it wont matter who they have at QB if they make sure they get Barkley as well. Talk about turning a team around. Stud QB, Stud RB rookie pairing and then go get yourself a good WR to replace Gordon who we all know will **** up. and add some Defensive pieces in FA. 

19 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Rosen will be a far better prospect then Darnold

Thats your opinion not a truth right ? Me, i like Rosen but i prefer Darnold. I think both are very good and i liked them both this season in the games i watched. Darnold has more "wow" potential i think, i saw him making some "wow" throws i didn't see from Rosen.

16 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Thats your opinion not a truth right ? Me, i like Rosen but i prefer Darnold. I think both are very good and i liked them both this season in the games i watched. Darnold has more "wow" potential i think, i saw him making some "wow" throws i didn't see from Rosen.

I was only able to watch about 3 games each of rosen and darnold. When i watched darnold he was highly unaccurate from the pocket on deep throws that i saw. Rosen downside i think is his ability not to get out of the pocket and extend plays as much as darnold can. Basically Darnold and Rosen are this years Wentz and Goff. I think theyll battle very well on who the better pick was for the next 15 years IF CLE doesn't **** up haha. oh who am i kidding Whoever goes to CLE is ****ed unless they get barkley running 30-40 carries a game lmao

Just now, IrishHooligan00 said:

I was only able to watch about 3 games each of rosen and darnold. When i watched darnold he was highly unaccurate from the pocket on deep throws that i saw. Rosen downside i think is his ability not to get out of the pocket and extend plays as much as darnold can. Basically Darnold and Rosen are this years Wentz and Goff. I think theyll battle very well on who the better pick was for the next 15 years IF CLE doesn't **** up haha. oh who am i kidding Whoever goes to CLE is ****ed unless they get barkley running 30-40 carries a game lmao

Thats it. Darnold is impressive when throwing in motion ! Rosen won the recent USC-UCLA, he was very good and as you wrote it, they both are really good like Goff-Wentz. I also think Darnold has a stronger body to take hits and avoid injuries than Rosen.

Archived