Merry Christams Mock. 3 Rounds (Browns trades)

zappa13004

On 12/26/2017 at 2:09 PM, zappa13004 said:

Dont you think Elliott has what it takes to also play SS next to Evans ?

I’m not sure as I haven’t seen him him play safety. I do like what I’ve seen out of he and Ryan smith though when they’re on the field. I really do love Evans though, he’s shattered my expectations big time. I haven’t given up on vh3, he obviously has the tools, he just hasn’t taken that next step, but sometimes it takes cbs awhile to adjust. Aqib wasn’t aqib until he left here. Anyway, love Evans but he needs a running mate and grimes may be done after this year.

4 minutes ago, bigdog2372 said:

grimes may be done after this year

You are probably refering to the third round pick of Ken Webster. And yes it was because of Grimes' age of 34 and him going to be a FA. Me too im very disapointed about VH3 but this pick wasn't about replacing him but Grimes.

On 12/28/2017 at 7:43 AM, zappa13004 said:

Thank you. But read it again i made two trades for the Browns and one of them include their last 2nd round choice, check.

I can be alright with trading that for Alex though hope we find a way to get him in FA, depending on what happens with KC. The Wilkerson trade...no no. No no. If we trade for very highly paid problem player, albeit talented, at a position where we have two or three young players who look good already, it's going to be a salary dump by the NYJ and come much cheaper. I wouldn't consider anything higher than our fourth; thus,  I'm curious who you would pick there with the Cleveland pick. 

And speaking of trades, you have two great players go right before us at pick 33. Maybe a small trade up for Josh Jackson or Christian Kirk. 

7 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Maybe a small trade up for Josh Jackson or Christian Kirk

I like both players. Josh Jackson is a strong possibility to go in the first and i did put Oliver in the 2nd as i understand the need to take a CB early. Kirk can do various things and i like his character, his play reminds me of Steve SMith Sr.

About Mo WIlkerson i only received bad feedback so i guess this move is bad. I Think Dorsey would be smart to also add veterans and this move was about this. I know about Ogunjobi and else but adding veterans. I'd try something else next time as we're still far away from late April. Thanks for feedback

6 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

I like both players. Josh Jackson is a strong possibility to go in the first and i did put Oliver in the 2nd as i understand the need to take a CB early. Kirk can do various things and i like his character, his play reminds me of Steve SMith Sr.

About Mo WIlkerson i only received bad feedback so i guess this move is bad. I Think Dorsey would be smart to also add veterans and this move was about this. I know about Ogunjobi and else but adding veterans. I'd try something else next time as we're still far away from late April. Thanks for feedback

Yup. Solid player but is more at a low sell point IMO. Us Browns fans are concerned Dorsey will come in and waste all the positives of the Sashi era by overpaying vets who are looking for money grabs.  Wilkerson seems like it could work out that way since he got his money. 

I also just like Josh Jackson a lot more than Oliver and like Kirk a lot more than Ateman so would feel let down. Personally, I could see Ateman available a round later, but everyone is just speculating, of course. Do you like any of the tackles from the second round as LTs of the future for the Browns? I could see Connor Williams or Brian O'Neil being a pick to groom, though plenty of Browns fans think Joe Thomas will never retire. 

11 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

though plenty of Browns fans think Joe Thomas will never retire. 

haha

And yes i think the team should bypass taking an OT for now. Thomas will return, Shon Coleman not bad, Drango a keeper. Connor Williams is probably too low on my mock. If available id say YES but...Brian O'Neill ? I liked what i saw from him as a..Right Tackle. So i think i would wait and i hope Dorsey will wait to take a future Thomas' Replacement. I Can't wait to see Ateman at the Senior Bowl (among many others). We'll know more about his stock and spot. For now i liked him this season and he has great size so, wait and see in Mobile for me.

I won't argue more about Wilkerson as it was an idea among others. But talking about signing veterans i hope Dorsey will spend some. That team is young and surely need some more young studs via this coming draft, but also some veterans presence even if it would take some money off.

11 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

haha

And yes i think the team should bypass taking an OT for now. Thomas will return, Shon Coleman not bad, Drango a keeper. Connor Williams is probably too low on my mock. If available id say YES but...Brian O'Neill ? I liked what i saw from him as a..Right Tackle. So i think i would wait and i hope Dorsey will to take a future Thomas' Replacement. I Can't wait to see Ateman at the Senior Bowl (among many others). We'll know more about his stock and spot. For now i liked him this season and he has great size so, wait and see in Mobile for me.

I won't argue more about Wilkerson as it was an idea among others. But talking about signing veterans i hope Dorsey will spend some. That team is young and surely need some more young studs via this coming draft, but also some veterans presence even if it would take some money off.

I'm all aboard to spend somewhat big for Jarvis Landry. I see him as a better Golden Tate, a fiery player who will make his team win. This draft is middle-heavy for WR and FA deep for WR. I'd love to sign one and draft one late 2nd/3rd. I expect Dorsey to spend but don't want too huge of a "splash", moreso players closer to 25 than 30 who seem hungry and not just seeing $$$ like Britt. I'd like to get Alex and Jarvis with a few smaller signings to round out. 

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Sure i agree. Read recently than they are discussing but for now they did reject the Dolphins' offer. That guy is good. I like his skills and also the way he plays.

Isn't he a FA next season? I believe with their other receivers and all the pointing to lack of touchdowns that he walks outright. 

10 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Yup. That's what I meant. 

Few big free-agents this year. But Landry for sure, Trumaine Johnson could be a nice add. Poz from the Jags would be a nice add behind Schobert in a rotation and teaching. Kenny Vaccaro is tempting too.

34 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Few big free-agents this year. But Landry for sure, Trumaine Johnson could be a nice add. Poz from the Jags would be a nice add behind Schobert in a rotation and teaching. Kenny Vaccaro is tempting too.

We'd have to over pay Poz for what his role would be; we have the entrenched starters and Poz is almost done IMO. No more last contracts with Cleveland for washed up players. And Trumaine is nice but nearing 30 and likely to get a gigantic contract. I'd rather spend on Jarvis if I had to pick though would be happy with both. That said, the Gregg Williams connection keeps getting pointed to with Trumaine and Williams will likely be fired with Hue either Black Monday or after this season so personally feel that connecting is less important than the player. I do like the player, though, just not so much at 5/70 if that's what it would be. 

And I like Vaccaro more than most. That said, can he play FS? Peppers in the opinion of every human on earth besides Gregg Williams must be moved to SS.

If we fit Alex Smith then signed Landry and Johnson/Vaccaro, that'd be a nice offseason.

Archived