Sicario 2

El Ramster

OMG get hyped scrubs.. Sicario 1 was just intense and what we needed.. Shame 2 doesn't actually tell us the story of Del Toros character..

But it's looking like a trilogy.. GET HYPED BOYS!! Wow, If you haven't seen 1 yet go see it.. It was amazing. And some real life stuff that's discussed betweeen

the mexican cartel, Cali/Medellin cartel and the government.. Hopefully they just don't go John Wick status and make it all about the kill..

The gosh dammm interactions, bad-good and in between made it so clever.. LEGGGO..

17 hours ago, August4th said:

its missing Deakins cinematography .. but I'm still interested in seeing what this director can do( his Gomorra series is highly praised overseas)

Gomorrah is a pretty crazy show. Brutal at times. Its on Netflix.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:03 PM, thrILL! said:

Hope one this has a better ending than the first one. What a letdown to an otherwise excellent film. 

Letdown? Killing a drug lords family in front of his face was the best ending ever!!!

On 12/19/2017 at 12:30 PM, O'Doyle Rules said:

First one was good but I was expecting blunts character to be more badass.

Her role was someone that could essentially be a pushover that they could use. They saw her as functional yet vulnerable after her thingy at the beginning resulted in two police deaths or whatever it was and it worked out perfectly for them. 

• 6 months later...

I can't believe nobody has commented on this movie since December when it was released two weeks ago.

I saw it today about an hour ago and man...I have some qualms with this movie:

First of all, inconsistencies and plotholes:

• At the start of the movie the helicopters have thermal vision which allows them to find the group of migrants, but then when the boy goes on his first crossing later in the movie, they just duck in some trees to avoid being seen?
  • In the first movie, it's heavily implied, if not outright said that the Jefe at the end of the movie was the man responsible for killing Alejandro's family. Heck, the Jefe even recalls who his family members were. Now we're supposed to believe that Carlos Reyes is the man responsible?!
  • In the first movie, Matt is just a CIA operative who isn't really a soldier, but in this movie he's full-blown tactical command/soldier? What?
  • At the start of the movie, they try really hard to insert the narrative of Islamist Extremists and get you all emotionally invested in guys blowing themselves up in America, but then they completely abandon that aspect of the story and ONLY touch on it later saying "They were US citizens from New Jersey!". What the heck? How do you start the movie with that and then completely ignore it? Why even have it, then? Why not focus on Mexican Cartels smuggling over their own suicide bombers?!
  • This entire movie ignores that at the end of the first Sicario, with the Jefe now executed things are supposed to descend into chaos and the Medellin is supposed to restore order, but none of this is ever mentioned and it's almost like this movie just ignores that all of that even happened.
  • When Alejandro is initially kidnapped it's completely dark outside and the blackhawk pilot is overheard saying they're 15 minutes away, but they don't even reach the site of the shooting until it's well past sunrise?!?

Now for my thoughts on the movie and the plot:

The entire premise of the movie is that in order to rid ourselves of the Cartels, we need them to fight each other, and the way to start that is by kidnapping the daughter of a Cartel leader and then making them think it was another cartel so they start fighting. However, none of that actually happens. We never meet Carlos Reyes. The cartels never fight each other. The entire movie is basically them kidnapping a girl and then spending the movie trying to get her across the border or something? Nothing ever happens to the Reyes Cartel or the rival cartel, which is my whole beef. They "rescue" a girl by kidnapping her and then taking her across the border? The hell is that?!?

Lastly, when Alejandro is shot in the face by the kid, I was extremely disappointed to see him not only survive that, but then mentor the kid at the very end. What a garbage ending. IMHO, it would've been a lot better had he executed Alejandro and seconds later the blackhawks show up, murder everyone and that's the end of the movie. Mission accomplished. Also, I hate that he took that kid under his wing. That's completely out of character for him and completely ruined the ending for me, because I know they're setting up Sicario 3 with that.

5 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

That's completely out of character for him and completely ruined the ending for me, because I know they're setting up Sicario 3 with that.

feel like him trying to save that girl was out of character. which took up most of the film lol

he kills the wife, son and daughter of the cartel boss responsible for his daughter death in sicario, but later risks his life to save the daughter of another cartel boss who could be just as responsible? so maybe he's changing as a person and ready to move on? nope. since we see he's recruiting that kid in the end.. so he's still very much invested in that world .. 

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

I can't believe nobody has commented on this movie since December when it was released two weeks ago.

I saw it today about an hour ago and man...I have some qualms with this movie:

First of all, inconsistencies and plotholes:

• At the start of the movie the helicopters have thermal vision which allows them to find the group of migrants, but then when the boy goes on his first crossing later in the movie, they just duck in some trees to avoid being seen?
  • In the first movie, it's heavily implied, if not outright said that the Jefe at the end of the movie was the man responsible for killing Alejandro's family. Heck, the Jefe even recalls who his family members were. Now we're supposed to believe that Carlos Reyes is the man responsible?!
  • In the first movie, Matt is just a CIA operative who isn't really a soldier, but in this movie he's full-blown tactical command/soldier? What?
  • At the start of the movie, they try really hard to insert the narrative of Islamist Extremists and get you all emotionally invested in guys blowing themselves up in America, but then they completely abandon that aspect of the story and ONLY touch on it later saying "They were US citizens from New Jersey!". What the heck? How do you start the movie with that and then completely ignore it? Why even have it, then? Why not focus on Mexican Cartels smuggling over their own suicide bombers?!
  • This entire movie ignores that at the end of the first Sicario, with the Jefe now executed things are supposed to descend into chaos and the Medellin is supposed to restore order, but none of this is ever mentioned and it's almost like this movie just ignores that all of that even happened.
  • When Alejandro is initially kidnapped it's completely dark outside and the blackhawk pilot is overheard saying they're 15 minutes away, but they don't even reach the site of the shooting until it's well past sunrise?!?

Now for my thoughts on the movie and the plot:

The entire premise of the movie is that in order to rid ourselves of the Cartels, we need them to fight each other, and the way to start that is by kidnapping the daughter of a Cartel leader and then making them think it was another cartel so they start fighting. However, none of that actually happens. We never meet Carlos Reyes. The cartels never fight each other. The entire movie is basically them kidnapping a girl and then spending the movie trying to get her across the border or something? Nothing ever happens to the Reyes Cartel or the rival cartel, which is my whole beef. They "rescue" a girl by kidnapping her and then taking her across the border? The hell is that?!?

Lastly, when Alejandro is shot in the face by the kid, I was extremely disappointed to see him not only survive that, but then mentor the kid at the very end. What a garbage ending. IMHO, it would've been a lot better had he executed Alejandro and seconds later the blackhawks show up, murder everyone and that's the end of the movie. Mission accomplished. Also, I hate that he took that kid under his wing. That's completely out of character for him and completely ruined the ending for me, because I know they're setting up Sicario 3 with that.

Reyes was definitely the guy who killed his family. But it was made clear that he was not the main cartel guy just the one who carried out the order. Alejandro hates them all and will do everything to kill them all.

Matt in the first one did tactical stuff, it just didn't show him in action. In these movies you don't really know who's who and what their real motivations are. Or even who that person is.

The Islamist stuff was a Hollywood thing. It was a scare a long while back that Al-Queda and ISIS could use those crossing as a way of sneaking guys across our border. The point of that excuse was just that. An excuse to go after anyone we want to. It's basically taking a shot at the current administration.

It didn't ignore it, it's more of a statement that the way of doing things with Black Ops and violence doesn't work and we are actually making things worse by the killings and interferring. It's nonsense political stuff that they are spewing.

The sunrise thing was a slight plothole. But then again they bypassed the site altogether if I remember correctly and went straight for the trucks which were going at probably 50 or 60 MPH. A sunrise itself will only take about 45 minutes to an hour so the timing could be argued as accurate.

Again the premise is more BS statements that our way of currently doing things doesn't work that the assinations and scare tactics are actually making things worse.

As for Alejandro, the dude is almost completely empty and void of emotion when it comes to decisions. Saving the girl was a shred sense of honor and keeping his humanity, but everything else he is all business. It's possible he didn't even know it was the kid he saw hit the hood that outted him and shot him. But then again he is not the type of guy to hold a grudge and will use anything at his disposal to get to the top of the cartel.

I agree they didn't explain the arc with Reyes daughter that well with Alejandro. But the dude had his own family his own family killed with acid or w/e and he himself was tortured by them. So the dude is bound to be a little complicated and may do things that doesn't make sense. He is a little cray cray and it's understandable. I mean this is not Kylo Ren becoming a serial killer just because his parents sent him off to summer camp with his awesome uncle. Alejandro has a legit excuse for being effed up, and for the most part he is remarkably consistent with his mission and goals.

Archived