Sicario 2

El Ramster

1 hour ago, August4th said:

feel like him trying to save that girl was out of character. which took up most of the film lol

he kills the wife, son and daughter of the cartel boss responsible for his daughter death in sicario, but later risks his life to save the daughter of another cartel boss who could be just as responsible? so maybe he's changing as a person and ready to move on? nope. since we see he's recruiting that kid in the end.. so he's still very much invested in that world .. 

Well he did have his daughter murdered. It's one of the reason's he didn't murder Emily Blunt's character because she reminded him of her. That may have been their one saving grace that protected them from him.

On 7/13/2018 at 4:52 PM, August4th said:

feel like him trying to save that girl was out of character. which took up most of the film lol

he kills the wife, son and daughter of the cartel boss responsible for his daughter death in sicario, but later risks his life to save the daughter of another cartel boss who could be just as responsible? so maybe he's changing as a person and ready to move on? nope. since we see he's recruiting that kid in the end.. so he's still very much invested in that world .. 

Yeah that part also got me. He has no problem killing the children of drug cartel leaders in the first one, but suddenly this girl has to be rescued for no reason at all. He didn't even hesitate to shoot Kate after telling her she "reminded him of someone very special to him (his daughter?)". Yeah, none of it makes sense.

On 7/13/2018 at 6:37 PM, Calvert28 said:

Reyes was definitely the guy who killed his family. But it was made clear that he was not the main cartel guy just the one who carried out the order. Alejandro hates them all and will do everything to kill them all.

But in the first movie, it's very heavily implied that the other guy was the one responsible for it. I mean, it seems that this movie took advantage of the fact that neither the Jefe nor Alejandro ever explicitly said "you killed my family" as an excuse to say he was just some random Jefe they were targeting. But I mean, EVERYTHING about the first movie and the ending, made it seem like that Jefe was responsible for it. More evidence can be found just by watching Alejandro's body language once he executes them. He lets out a deep sigh, as if he's finally at peace. With his revenge.

Matt in the first one did tactical stuff, it just didn't show him in action. In these movies you don't really know who's who and what their real motivations are. Or even who that person is.

Matt in the first movie did some stuff at the end, but particularly at the border, he just sat in the car with Guillermo. Now he's team leader Navy SEAL guy? Ehhhh.

The Islamist stuff was a Hollywood thing. It was a scare a long while back that Al-Queda and ISIS could use those crossing as a way of sneaking guys across our border. The point of that excuse was just that. An excuse to go after anyone we want to. It's basically taking a shot at the current administration.

It didn't ignore it, it's more of a statement that the way of doing things with Black Ops and violence doesn't work and we are actually making things worse by the killings and interferring. It's nonsense political stuff that they are spewing.

The sunrise thing was a slight plothole. But then again they bypassed the site altogether if I remember correctly and went straight for the trucks which were going at probably 50 or 60 MPH. A sunrise itself will only take about 45 minutes to an hour so the timing could be argued as accurate.

I mean, with how long the scene took for them to execute Alejandro they should've been at the scene right as they were leaving. 

Again the premise is more BS statements that our way of currently doing things doesn't work that the assinations and scare tactics are actually making things worse.

As for Alejandro, the dude is almost completely empty and void of emotion when it comes to decisions. Saving the girl was a shred sense of honor and keeping his humanity, but everything else he is all business. It's possible he didn't even know it was the kid he saw hit the hood that outted him and shot him. But then again he is not the type of guy to hold a grudge and will use anything at his disposal to get to the top of the cartel.

Absolutely not possible, given how smart Alejandro is.

I agree they didn't explain the arc with Reyes daughter that well with Alejandro. But the dude had his own family his own family killed with acid or w/e and he himself was tortured by them. So the dude is bound to be a little complicated and may do things that doesn't make sense. He is a little cray cray and it's understandable. I mean this is not Kylo Ren becoming a serial killer just because his parents sent him off to summer camp with his awesome uncle. Alejandro has a legit excuse for being effed up, and for the most part he is remarkably consistent with his mission and goals.

In the first movie, he works for the Colombians and will kill/torture anyone to get to the final boss and kill him. In this movie he doesn't. He leaves trails, he's sloppy, and he takes pity among the child of a cartel leader. This is just after he executes a corrupt police officer without hesitation. He shoots Kate without hesitation. He executes Manuel Diaz without hesitation, and murders the entire family of the Jefe without hesitation. It is so frustratingly out of character for him to try to save that girl and not kill that Soldado kid.

Archived