2018 Tank Watch

tonyto36

http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/group/league

Mirotic led Bulls on a 6 game win streak.  Potentially going to play themselves out of a top pick?

Mavs/Hawks look like locks for top 3 picks.  

Memphis has been surprisingly bad.  Didn't think they'd be good, but not bottom 3 bad.

Nets and Lakers both still lurking within shooting distance for a top 5 pick.

9 minutes ago, indifference said:

When the Cavs draft Bagley with the top pick. Its going to be a beautiful day in the league.

Well it's the Cavs and Gilbert is the devil so it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen again, but seems very unlikely.

I have cooled on Bagley a bit though. 

1 hour ago, tonyto36 said:

Goodnight for Celtics.  Dallas and Bulls both won and one of the Suns/Grizzlies has to win.

Lakers now just outside the top 5.

That's why I am still mad that Houston lost to the Lakers. There are also Rumblings that of players complaining about playing time and other issues. Clarkson is probably mad that Lonzo ball gets a lot of playing time even though he hasn't proven much in this league yet and Randall is forever being talked about in trades.

Top 5 pick here we come

10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

That's why I am still mad that Houston lost to the Lakers. There are also Rumblings that of players complaining about playing time and other issues. Clarkson is probably mad that Lonzo ball gets a lot of playing time even though he hasn't proven much in this league yet and Randall is forever being talked about in trades.

Top 5 pick here we come

I'm hoping that they thought they had an outside shot at the playoffs.  Will see they have no chance and just give up on the season and enjoy LA.

8 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

ORL is missing most of their players and suck even when they're healthy, so they got all the momentum here. 

Thought their early season was a mirage but didn't see them falling off this badly.  Hopefully they rebound enough to stay on top of the Lakers.

Lakers are not as bad as their haters make them out to be. Sure their record suggests otherwise, but for those who don't actually watch them play, it's obvious the haters only stat check.

But what those same stats will tell you, is that they hung around into OT with GS twice and beat Houston while on a 14-game win streak and with best record in NBA. 

9 of the 30 teams have 12 wins or less, including LA's 11. 13 of 30 teams are below .500 right now. Sure by the end of the season they may fall all the way back, but it is not as likely this year as in the recent past. 

The Lakers are not tanking; they're trying their best to show some allure to possible Free Agents this summer. 

[/rant] Carry on gents. 

Archived