2018 Tank Watch

tonyto36

15 hours ago, devils1854 said:

We really dont know what the new GM will do for Atlanta, but Ive got a feeling Doncic might be #1.

Me personally

1. Bagley
  2. Doncic
  3. Ayton

I personally am pretty low on both Bagley and Doncic.   Doncic can't play defense well enough at PG and at other positions his size doesn't matter as much.   Bagley is an old school 4, but in todays NBA is a modern day 5 who can't protect the rim or the paint.   No thanks.

For me its:

1. Ayton
2. Porter
3. Bagley
4.  Doncic
5.  Trae
6.  Bamba

----

Lakers now the #2 worst team in the NBA.  Best spot for Celtics to have highest probability of getting that Lakers pick is at #2.   Would like them to continue the losing streak and push for #1 because eventually a team will likely just blow it up and tank the season hard core and pass the Lakers who are playing hard.

5 minutes ago, the lone star said:

Cuban loves Carlisle. Probably gonna keep him around for a while.

I mean of course. He's a top 3-5 coach. Rebuilds in the NBA are tough - just kind of making an assumption that these coaches wouldn't want to spend an extended period of time coaching really bad teams. But who knows, I'm not saying it with any certainty or anything lol 

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I mean of course. He's a top 3-5 coach. Rebuilds in the NBA are tough - just kind of making an assumption that these coaches wouldn't want to spend an extended period of time coaching really bad teams. But who knows, I'm not saying it with any certainty or anything lol 

Yeah, I got you bro. 

But I think the Mavs can be a playoff team next year if they play their cards correctly. Hopefully they can find a way to deal Powell and maybe even Wes Matthews. But even if they don't, they should have a top pick in the draft with a healthy amount of cap room.

On 12/27/2017 at 2:58 PM, 808 said:

9 of the 30 teams have 12 wins or less, including LA's 11. 13 of 30 teams are below .500 right now. Sure by the end of the season they may fall all the way back, but it is not as likely this year as in the recent past. 

The Lakers are not tanking

So glad I posted this as the Lakers were about to begin their current 7 game losing streak.B|

Maybe a coincidence, maybe not, but Ball hasn't played since the day I posted this either. 

On 1/2/2018 at 4:17 PM, the lone star said:

Yeah, I got you bro. 

But I think the Mavs can be a playoff team next year if they play their cards correctly. Hopefully they can find a way to deal Powell and maybe even Wes Matthews. But even if they don't, they should have a top pick in the draft with a healthy amount of cap room.

Problem is the Mavs are stuck in purgatory where they don't have the top end talent to ever be contenders. 

I think the Mavs have more talent than their record shows and they have a great coach, but you can't win big with those players.  

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

Should play him more.

Bit skewed of a stat since I believe a number of those games he did play in were the second leg of a back-to-back, meaning the rest of the team was likely playing fatigued. I really don't know how Monroe's career fell off so hard. He's honestly not that bad of a player. Hopefully he can get traded to a contender that needs some big man depth. Cleveland maybe? Hell, what about this trade:

Cleveland receives:

Tyson Chandler
Greg Monroe

Phoenix receives:

Tristan Thompson
Iman Shumpert
Channing Frye
Cleveland 1st Round Pick

8 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

Problem is the Mavs are stuck in purgatory where they don't have the top end talent to ever be contenders. 

I think the Mavs have more talent than their record shows and they have a great coach, but you can't win big with those players.  

Yeah, it'll be tough to win with stacked teams like the Warriors, Cavs, Celtics, and Rockets out there.

They are for sure better than their record indicates. Took the Warriors the distance last night.

4 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Bit skewed of a stat since I believe a number of those games he did play in were the second leg of a back-to-back, meaning the rest of the team was likely playing fatigued. I really don't know how Monroe's career fell off so hard. He's honestly not that bad of a player. Hopefully he can get traded to a contender that needs some big man depth. Cleveland maybe? Hell, what about this trade:

Cleveland receives:

Tyson Chandler
Greg Monroe

Phoenix receives:

Tristan Thompson
Iman Shumpert
Channing Frye
Cleveland 1st Round Pick

Good trade for Cleveland for sure. That first round pick probably doesnt turn into anything though.

Archived