2018 Tank Watch

tonyto36

15 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Here's hoping IT and his defense brings the Lakers back to a top 5 contention..

It's not insurmountable, but there are 8 teams within 2 games of the top spot.  The Lakers are 6.5 GB of the top spot.

32 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's not insurmountable, but there are 8 teams within 2 games of the top spot.  The Lakers are 6.5 GB of the top spot.

It's highly unlikely.  The Lakers have no reason to tank while all others besides Brooklyn benefit from tanking.  Walton and the young guns will continue to try to win so they can entice free agents.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

It's highly unlikely.  The Lakers have no reason to tank while all others besides Brooklyn benefit from tanking.  Walton and the young guns will continue to try to win so they can entice free agents.

I'm not disagreeing.  They'd have to go pretty much winless the rest of the season in order to fall into the bottom 5 record based purely on history.  That's not likely to happen.  My guess is they'll end up in that 7-11 range.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Were also 5.5 games away from the 8th spot chasing the Boogie-less pels

10 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

IT, without playing a single game, has already began stirring the pot. Saying he refuses to come off the bench. Lakers "Lonzo is our PG" Can't wait to hear from Lavar on this one.

meh... only have to survive half a year with him. After that, deuces. 

12 minutes ago, 49er pride said:

meh... only have to survive half a year with him. After that, deuces. 

Part of me really feels for the IT though. He has been through a lot. Last season he reached a near MVP apex, and was expecting his infamous Brinks truck to come. I actually wish him the best. Little man with a great big heart. But having said that, just get me the Lakers top 5 and may the other chips fall where they may.

In a weird schedule deal, the Suns haven't played the Warriors yet all year but will play them 4x in their last 25 games.

We also have games left vs OKC (2x), vs CLE (2x), Utah (2x), LAC (2x), New Orleans (2x), Houston, Miami, Denver, Detroit, Boston and Portland.

Basically what I'm saying is, the tank is coming hard.

"Easy" games left on the schedule, notice all except 1 are on the road: @ Memphis, @ Atlanta, @ Charlotte, @ Orlando, vs Sacramento, @ Dallas

22 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

IT, without playing a single game, has already began stirring the pot. Saying he refuses to come off the bench. Lakers "Lonzo is our PG" Can't wait to hear from Lavar on this one.

They'll figure it out.  Apparently he and Luke sat down and they're on the same page.

On 2/9/2018 at 10:05 AM, resilient part 2 said:

They should start both, let Ball play the one on offense and the two on defense. 

On 2/9/2018 at 12:20 PM, DalCowboyzRule said:

In a weird schedule deal, the Suns haven't played the Warriors yet all year but will play them 4x in their last 25 games.

We also have games left vs OKC (2x), vs CLE (2x), Utah (2x), LAC (2x), New Orleans (2x), Houston, Miami, Denver, Detroit, Boston and Portland.

Basically what I'm saying is, the tank is coming hard.

"Easy" games left on the schedule, notice all except 1 are on the road: @ Memphis, @ Atlanta, @ Charlotte, @ Orlando, vs Sacramento, @ Dallas

They better hold out Book until the ASB.  When he gets back you try to win and see if this backcourt has a future.  Even if it stalls the tank. :o

Archived