2018 Tank Watch

tonyto36

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Of the bottom 8 teams, all of them have at least a 3 game losing streak.  Of those 8, four of them have a 5+ losing streak.  Orlando has the best record over the last 10 games at 4-6.  But yeah, there's no tanking going on in the NBA.

The Hawks have the longest streak in the NBA of going to the playoffs. 10 years straight. What did that get them? One Conference Finals appearance where they got distroyed by Lebron, and four other Conference Semi appearances.

It was time for them to try something different. Shroeder/Doncic/Collins or Shroeder/Ayton/Collins will put this team in a much better position than what they previously had.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Of the bottom 8 teams, all of them have at least a 3 game losing streak.  Of those 8, four of them have a 5+ losing streak.  Orlando has the best record over the last 10 games at 4-6.  But yeah, there's no tanking going on in the NBA.

I don't think I've heard anyone anywhere saying there's not tanking going on in the NBA....  I do think people are going to be disappointed in this years draft class though.  Its obviously very easy to say it and I could be wrong, but I think Doncic and Ayton are the only players in this draft that will go on to be stars and neither of them are going to be the best player on a title contender in their career.

4 hours ago, grubs10 said:

I don't think I've heard anyone anywhere saying there's not tanking going on in the NBA....  I do think people are going to be disappointed in this years draft class though.  Its obviously very easy to say it and I could be wrong, but I think Doncic and Ayton are the only players in this draft that will go on to be stars and neither of them are going to be the best player on a title contender in their career.

Porter may still end up the best if he gets healthy and I expect he will. Maybe Porter sits out a and builds up the body like Simmons

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Maybe Porter sits out a and builds up the body like Simmons

sit out what? his rookie year in the NBA? 

He is already cleared to play. Should hopefully get on the court soon. But I think he is involved with the FBI stuff, so maybe not.

But yes, I think he will end up #2, at least for me.

Archived