Where do these QBs play next season?

Rich7sena

45 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

giphy.gif

I could see the Bucs entertaining the idea of heading in another direction.  Winston has been pretty average, and frankly, there really hasn't been much improvement to his game, despite having one of the best collections of pass catchers in the league.  On top of that, he now has more off the field issues, that the media has been decidedly quiet about.

--------------------

Eli Manning - Giants:  Eli is still starting, the coach and GM have been fired, and we still haven't seen Davis Webb.  That tells me they'll be sticking with Eli.  Besides, if they get those receivers healthy, improve the running game, bring in a couple linebackers, and a safety, they're a playoff team.

Case Keenum - Vikings: He's their Guy.  I don't know how you could justify letting Keenum walk after the year he's having; and he's still relatively young.

Teddy Bridgewater - Backup somewhere: It's unfortunate what happened, but even before the injury, Bridgewater was merely serviceable at best;  It's mind boggling to me how people talk as though he was some superstar, who is owed a starting job.  I don't see any team going out of their way to bring him in to start.

Jimmy Garoppolo  - 49ers:  He's their guy.  He's got the stuff, now they need to build him a team.

Alex Smith - Chiefs:  If they make the playoffs this year, I just don't see them handing the starting job to Mahomes in 2018, like everybody thinks.  I don't know why everyone seems so convinced that Mahomes is going to just step in and win them the Superbowl...

Jay Cutler - Retired: Definitely won't be back in Miami, and I just don't see anyone else going out of their way to bring him in, unless there is another emergency situation like this year.

Tyrod Taylor - Backup somewhere:  He's a talented guy, but his passing game is just not consistent enough for him to be a full time starter, and it's brutally obvious; I don't know why people have such a hard time admitting this.

Andy Dalton - Bengals: Dalton could definitely use a change of scenery,  but Cincy would be foolish to let him go.

Kirk Cousins - Redskins:  If the Redskins manage to louse this up, that franchise will be crippled for a decade or more..

A.J. McCarron - ?:  I'd like to say Jets, but I feel like they will be content with bringing back McCown, and drafting a rookie for the future.  I could see him in Denver.  One thing is for sure, he certainly deserves a starting opportunity somewhere. 

Winston is good just stuck playing against. He threw for 4000 yards each of his first 2 years. Has no running game this year and DeShaun Jackson hasnt been what they thought he was.

Drew Brees

Cam Newton

Matt Ryan

Tyrod Taylor is a game manager. Can see him or AJ McCarron on the browns.

6 hours ago, frenchie said:

I could see the Bucs entertaining the idea of heading in another direction.  Winston has been pretty average, and frankly, there really hasn't been much improvement to his game, despite having one of the best collections of pass catchers in the league.  On top of that, he now has more off the field issues, that the media has been decidedly quiet about.

--------------------

Eli Manning - Giants:  Eli is still starting, the coach and GM have been fired, and we still haven't seen Davis Webb.  That tells me they'll be sticking with Eli.  Besides, if they get those receivers healthy, improve the running game, bring in a couple linebackers, and a safety, they're a playoff team.

Case Keenum - Vikings: He's their Guy.  I don't know how you could justify letting Keenum walk after the year he's having; and he's still relatively young.

Teddy Bridgewater - Backup somewhere: It's unfortunate what happened, but even before the injury, Bridgewater was merely serviceable at best;  It's mind boggling to me how people talk as though he was some superstar, who is owed a starting job.  I don't see any team going out of their way to bring him in to start.

Jimmy Garoppolo  - 49ers:  He's their guy.  He's got the stuff, now they need to build him a team.

Alex Smith - Chiefs:  If they make the playoffs this year, I just don't see them handing the starting job to Mahomes in 2018, like everybody thinks.  I don't know why everyone seems so convinced that Mahomes is going to just step in and win them the Superbowl...

Jay Cutler - Retired: Definitely won't be back in Miami, and I just don't see anyone else going out of their way to bring him in, unless there is another emergency situation like this year.

Tyrod Taylor - Backup somewhere:  He's a talented guy, but his passing game is just not consistent enough for him to be a full time starter, and it's brutally obvious; I don't know why people have such a hard time admitting this.

Andy Dalton - Bengals: Dalton could definitely use a change of scenery,  but Cincy would be foolish to let him go.

Kirk Cousins - Redskins:  If the Redskins manage to louse this up, that franchise will be crippled for a decade or more..

A.J. McCarron - ?:  I'd like to say Jets, but I feel like they will be content with bringing back McCown, and drafting a rookie for the future.  I could see him in Denver.  One thing is for sure, he certainly deserves a starting opportunity somewhere. 

Sucks how the most plain, boring predictions are usually what end up happening.

I really would like to see Teddy on the Saints, Alex Smith on the Steelers, Tyrod Taylor on the Cardinals, Kirk on the Broncos.. Keenum on the Bills.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I've had the feeling since about midseason that Cousins would end up in Denver and apparently the brass is looking to make a big push to sign him. If he doesn't stay in Washington, I expect him to go to Denver.

If he goes to Denver that could be a scary team. F/A and their draft could make them really good. What's Denver's cap like?

The Vikings QB situation is going to be fascinating to watch, because I don’t think they can keep both players – not least because both are going to want to start somewhere unless the market is dead for both. It seemed like the brass was waiting for Keenum to play himself out of being the starter when Teddy came back, but that hasn’t happened. Here on in will dictate the decision there. The ‘sign both and trade one’ sounds great in theory, but I’d be surprised if they could satisfy both to the point where they wouldn’t want to test the market first.

If they settle on Keenum (either with a feeling Bradford still has something to offer, or through signing another veteran as protection) and let Teddy walk, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Pats sniffing around like they did when he was coming out.

1 hour ago, steadypimpin said:

If he goes to Denver that could be a scary team. F/A and their draft could make them really good. What's Denver's cap like?

Denver could feasibly sign Cousins.  Everyone expects Talib will be cut (freeing up like $10M and putting Bradley Roby in line for his deserved starting spot), restructuring of DT's contract, and potentially cutting CJ Anderson to save $4.5M.  Emmanuel Sanders could be some trade bait too.  All of these would really free up some space adding to their $30M of space going into the 2018 season.

Edit: that said, Elway is known to be a penny pincher so we'll see how that tactic plays out for someone like Cousins should he become available.

18 minutes ago, Twizlers said:

Edit: that said, Elway is known to be a penny pincher so we'll see how that tactic plays out for someone like Cousins should he become available.

I mean, wasn't he ready to spend $17 mil per for Osweiler? Frugal goes out the window when you're chasing a franchise QB.

This is just hypothetical on my part. 

Eli Manning - New York Giants.  If they draft a rookie, any stopgap is going to cost just as much as Eli does now.  So just keep him.

Case Keenum - Minnesota Vikings: He's been playing lights out.  They may like Teddy, but he came into the game and immediately threw an INT. 

Teddy Bridgewater - Denver Broncos: Denver's best quarterback is Brock Osweiler.  That can't continue.  They may draft someone, but I think it's more likely three QB's go just ahead of them. 

Jimmy Garoppolo  - San Francisco 49ers: They've found their franchise quarterback.

Alex Smith - Washington: They can't afford Kirk Cousins. 

Jay Cutler - None: Enjoy broadcasting.

Tyrod Taylor - Cincinnati Bengals: I think the Bills are desperate to get rid of Tyrod Taylor.  Andy Dalton once the NFL's definition of average has been failing miserably in Cinncinati as of late.  Maybe it's time for both of them to have a change of scenery and switch places.

Andy Dalton - Buffalo Bills: See above.

Kirk Cousins - Pittsburgh Steelers: I'm figuring on Ben finally retiring.  The Steelers are going to be drafting very late and it's entirely possible the top six quarterbacks will be off the board by the time it's their turn to select someone.  Add to that their myriad needs in the middle of their defense and maybe they just take the shortcut and add Cousins at a discount to arguably the most talented offense in the NFL. 

A.J. McCarron - New York Jets: Whenever the Jets don't have the 6th overall pick, a good rule of thumb when considering what they will do is: "What is the dumbest thing the Jets could possibly do?"  And I've come up with this.  They're going to trade a 2nd, a 3rd, a 7th and Chrstian Hackenberg for A.J. McCarron, sign him to a long term 20 million dollar a year contract and then draft Josh Allen in the first round anyway.   I call this operation: "It's so crazy that it just might work" in honor of a former New York GM who thought that was a viable way to run a professional sports team: Isiah Thomas. 

On 12/19/2017 at 8:46 AM, Rich7sena said:

Thread title says it all:

Eli Manning - Arizona Cardinals: Arians says he likes to coach old guys.

Case Keenum - Minnesota Vikings: Sign both Keenum and Bridgewater to identical deals. Keep one and trade the other before week 1.

Teddy Bridgewater - Minnesota Vikings: See above.

Jimmy Garoppolo  - San Francisco 49ers: Can't see him going anywhere else.

Alex Smith - New York Jets: Transition player who can keep the team competitive.

Jay Cutler - None: I think he's ready to definitively say goodbye after an injury riddled year.

Tyrod Taylor - Pittsburgh Steelers: Big Ben might actually retire after this season. The team will have to work some cap magic, but he's a realistic option to plugin between franchise starters.

Andy Dalton - Cincinnati Bengals: Marvin Lewis' reported exit might prompt a full on roster re-do. Dalton has an out in his contract in 2018 but at just over $16 million a year, his cost isn't prohibitive for the team.

Kirk Cousins - Washington Redskins: I don't feel great about this one, but I still find it hard to fathom the Redskins letting Cousins get away.

A.J. McCarron - Buffalo Bills: I wouldn't doubt the Browns' valuation of McCarron is shared by at least one other team in the league. The Bills have been well of top QB prospect range all year.

Eli to Arizona I agree

Case Keenum and Bridgewater in Minnesota, I Also Agree with

Jimmy stays in SF, Agreed

Alex Smith gonna go to the Redskins

Cutler Retires, Agreed

Tyrod I have going to Denver

Dalton staying in Cincy but will possibly get benched.

Kirk Cousins to Jacksonville

McCarron to the Dolphins to Compete with Tannehill.

21 hours ago, Starless said:

Eli Manning - retired. I don't think he'll want to play anywhere else, to be honest. He doesn't have much left in the tank and learning a new offense probably isn't high on his bucket list, either.

Case Keenum - Vikings

Teddy Bridgewater - Bills

Kirk Cousins - Jaguars

James Garoppolo - 49ers

Blake Bortles - Steelers

Alex Smith - Cardinals

Tyrod Taylor - Chargers

AJ McCarron - Browns

Drew Brees - Saints

Tyrod is not looking to be a backup. He's gonna go to our divisional rival in denver

Eli Manning - Denver Broncos (they roll with a veteran)

Case Keenum - Minnesota Vikings (keep the best of the bunch, and get $20M)

Teddy Bridgewater - Buffalo Bills

Jimmy Garoppolo  - San Francisco 49ers (tag)

Alex Smith - New York Jets

Jay Cutler - None

Tyrod Taylor - Arizona Cardinals

Andy Dalton - Cincinnati Bengals 

Kirk Cousins - Washington Redskins (tag)

A.J. McCarron - Pittsburgh Steelers 

Archived