Raiders sign WR Michael Gallup (1 year, $3M)

Great addition and if Tae wants out then we've still got enough options for our QB's. I'd only wanted to trade him before the draft to move up so hopefully he's on board.

2 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Minshew was WAY overpaid. 2 years/25 million for a noodle armed journeyman. Not as egregious as the Jimmy G contract but it’s an undeniable overpay. 

Jimmy G was noodle armed injury prone & immobile but got twice the amount

24 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Jimmy G was noodle armed injury prone & immobile but got twice the amount

Hence the statement “not as egregious”. Still was a terrible move that will hold this team back from sniffing the playoffs. 

21 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Hence the statement “not as egregious”. Still was a terrible move that will hold this team back from sniffing the playoffs. 

Feels like you’re overly harsh on Minshew. Dude has technically been more productive than ***ducks*** Trevor Lawrence somehow lol

He’s a guy that can sneak us into the playoffs but yea we aren’t going to do anything special with him under center.

1 hour ago, G said:

Great addition and if Tae wants out then we've still got enough options for our QB's. I'd only wanted to trade him before the draft to move up so hopefully he's on board.

He been on board, he said the other day if he wanted out he would have been gone, and LV is where he wants to be. All the he wants to be traded rumors were bs.

https://sactownsports.com/las-vegas-raiders-davante-adams-addresses-trade-rumors/

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

Nice. Another sensible, good value signing made at the right time. Rather than get involved early in FA for WR 4 or worry about getting a WR late in the draft to fill all your needs, TT went out and got a player who will be comfortably better than any late round WR to fill out our depth.

• Like 1

Excellent signing IMO. Not the player he was a couple years ago, but a solid #3 or #4 and at that price it really is a nice value addition. Adams, Meyers, Tucker and gallup is a really nice, solid bunch. No complaints there whatsoever. Good job.

7 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Tannehill would not have been better and we have no idea who will win that job.

8 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I agree he was overpaid but I don't think he's bad enough to hold us back. Rather, I don't think he's going to be a reason we make the playoffs if we have a shot. 

Problem is, Kirk aside- and no way I would agree to that much money for him- what FA QB out there would honestly make that type of difference for us? 

I would've preferred Brissett myself if we were going the bridge route, but it's not like he's a sure thing either. Can't see Tannehill being that guy. Not Mariota, though I could see him being decent in this offense. Darnold is terrible. 

Minshew sorta reminds me of Matt Moore at least- gritty and can hold it down without falling off a cliff. Everyone else would strike me more as a Chad Henne/Blaine Gabbert type where they're definitely a warm body but otherwise totally uninspiring. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 3

Nice signing. Can also fill in if someone gets hurt, or if Tucker needs a little more time to develop. I thought Tucker was heading in the right direction last year but can't complain with a cheap depth signing especially since it's a vet who was pretty solid in Dallas when healthy.

3 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

Nice signing. Can also fill in if someone gets hurt, or if Tucker needs a little more time to develop. I thought Tucker was heading in the right direction last year but can't complain with a cheap depth signing especially since it's a vet who was pretty solid in Dallas when healthy.

One thing with Tucker, he needs work on the finer points of routes. 

I think employing Adams, Meyers, and Gallup, at least early on in 3 wide sets, would be beneficial. 

On one hand, when Tucker does come in, they're going to know he's going deep- and he's fast enough that opposing DCs may recognize the decoy but can't afford to try and call the bluff. On the other, Gallup is a decent enough WR that until it's clear he's washed, he's going to draw at least some attention. 

Edited by ronjon1990

I'm actually super excited to see year two Tucker. When watching AOC clips from last year, I forgot some of the crazy plays Tre made late in the year. Cooking Derwin James for a TD. Diving catches, deep outs, etc. 

I think he was a sneaky good pick which we ALL crapped on this time last year lol. 

• Like 4