Build the Ideal Coaching Staff [Round 1]

WindyCity

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

There will be action on him this offseason. As much as I'm sure he likes working with Wentz, given that his coaching contract is up, I don't see him resigning with Philly to continue to be their QB coach.

I think there will be too, and that's why we'll have to pounce if Pace thinks he's the best option for his QB. It's a risk, but screw it, think big. I'll stop hijacking this thread, sorry Windy!

Matt Patricia was interviewed last time around and probably will be on the interview list again.

I am trying to keep an open mind about hiring the best coach and not the best offensive coach, but he would need a strong OC.

Maybe he goes with a talented unknown, I have no idea, but I look at Mike Tomlin and Todd Haley as something the Bears should try and model themsleves after.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Matt Patricia was interviewed last time around and probably will be on the interview list again.

I am trying to keep an open mind about hiring the best coach and not the best offensive coach, but he would need a strong OC.

Maybe he goes with a talented unknown, I have no idea, but I look at Mike Tomlin and Todd Haley as something the Bears should try and model themsleves after.

I'm all for the best HC candidate, but we simply can not fall into the trap of getting a quality OC, only to lose him the following season. For me, I think this is why I'm putting more stock in getting an offensive minded HC. Every single NFL QB that has had sustained success has been in the same offensive system for over 3 years in a row.

10 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm all for the best HC candidate, but we simply can not fall into the trap of getting a quality OC, only to lose him the following season. For me, I think this is why I'm putting more stock in getting an offensive minded HC. Every single NFL QB that has had sustained success has been in the same offensive system for over 3 years in a row.

I think we need a coach that will do a professional job preparing the team and instilling accountability and discipline.

I would like to go with an offensive coach, but the Bears biggest issues are that they are sloppy, poorly prepared and undisciplined and we need someone who can solve those issues more than anything.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I like Musgrave because of his work with Derek Carr, and we have seen how it has gone without him.

To me Trubisky and Carr have a ton of physical similarities in terms of athletic ability, accuracy and ability to move around.

Yeah but after a year they pretty much kicked him to the curb.

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

First HC, who was interviewed by Pace last time,

Patriots DC Matt Patricia

Matt-Patricia-Patriots.jpg

The dream would be for him to bring O'Brien and Vrabel with him as coordinators but the likelihood is they would both end up back on New England...Realistically I would go with...

500x500-2016-headshots-coaches-chad-oshe

Offensive Coordinator...New England WR Coach Chad O'Shea...

O'Shea has been the NE WR coach since 2009 and taken some mid-level talents and made them smart enough and productive enough to succeed in one of the most prolific passing attacks in the NFL year in year out...that position group seems to overcome injury like no others and keep on rolling...interesting fact is he played QB in college so has an understanding of that position even tho he has always focused on the WRs...

920x920.jpg

QB Coach...Texans' QB Coach Sean Ryan...

Ryan has coached both QBs and WRs when with the Giants and the Texans but it's his work with Watson this season that interests me the most...Watson looked great before going down with injury and bringing him in to work with Trubisky would be a solid move.

6_5562671.jpg

Defensive Coordinator...Texans' DB coach John Butler...

I was somewhat surprised when the Texans named Vrabel as DC over Butler...as much as Watt and Clowney and the big names it was the DBs who really made that defense go...as much as it has been a down year for them overall for the previous 3 or 4 years there have been very few better defenses and Butler was a major part of that...Patricia continues to call plays on D and work with the front 7...Butler coaches up the DBs.

20150303-ray-ventrone.jpg?itok=SJip8pAr

Special Teams Coordinator...New England Assistant ST coach Ray Ventrone...

Ventrone made a living in the NFL for 9 years as an excellent special teamer...NE always have rock solid special teams and Ventrone would add a a toughness to the coaching staff like few others.

Biggest issue with this coaching staff would be that all the guys would be first timers in their roles but they do have plenty of experience in their fields.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

@Madmike90 I would be very surprised if they went with that little play calling experience on offense. Neither of the primary guys has called plays.

That to me is a big deal unneccasery risk.

I think if you are looking for connections then there are very little that make sense for Patricia...to be honest I don't see him being our HC anyway...I think we go with an offensive mind.

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think if you are looking for connections then there are very little that make sense for Patricia...to be honest I don't see him being our HC anyway...I think we go with an offensive mind.

I think we do too. I think he would have to come in with an offensive plan that includes an experienced OC, even if they haven't worked together before.

Just now, WindyCity said:

I think we do too. I think he would have to come in with an offensive plan that includes an experienced OC, even if they haven't worked together before.

The only guys I would look at right now are LaFleur, Nagy, DeFillipo, Carmichael, McDaniel, Reich...

Weirdly the guy I like the most in terms of his ability and the potential staff he can put together is still Todd Haley...him with Mike Munchak as assistant HC/OL...Tom Clements as OC...Carnell Lake as DC...that would be pretty awesome.

Archived