Build the Ideal Coaching Staff [Round 1]

WindyCity

Im still waiting for a book on pete carmichael.

I like Loggains.  I think the majority of the blame for the offense falls on Fox.  You cant sell hiring Loggains to a fanbase with a major apathy. What continuity do you even want from a regime with 36 ish losses in 3 years?  I cant see any way at all that ever happens.  If Pace was even thinking about going that way, you fire Fox after the GB disaster and you see if Loggains can manage a team for 6 games.

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Im still waiting for a book on pete carmichael.

I like Loggains.  I think the majority of the blame for the offense falls on Fox.  You cant sell hiring Loggains to a fanbase with a major apathy. What continuity do you even want from a regime with 36 ish losses in 3 years?  I cant see any way at all that ever happens.  If Pace was even thinking about going that way, you fire Fox after the GB disaster and you see if Loggains can manage a team for 6 games.

To be fair.... 

Loggains last year honestly wasn't that impressive either.... Strong OL, great RB, busted up WRs and a D-level QB in Barkley..... and we air the ball out 40-50x a game.  That's a powerfully stupid strategy, even if it did Make Barkley look not completely terrible for a game or two. As is cringeworthy decisions like how Kevin White was being used.... Kid's biggest feature was his speed/atheticism, and his worst feature was his route running.... So naturally we only used him trying to run precise routes...

This year, even if he's being handcuffed by Fox, his playcalling is dreadfully predictable, and he seems nearly incapable of scheming our WRs to get open. I don't have a whole ton of respect for most of our receivers right now, but Wright and Wheaton aren't nearly as bad of players as they look.  That's not Mitch, and it can't just be them magically all coming here and all regressing into awfulness. Loggains is prime candidate to blame for that (with a backup blame headed to the WR coach.... since we lost ours right after the senior bowl)

HC - John Fox.  Upper management ties Pace to Fox.  George and Ted tell Ryan that John Fox is under contract one more year and John fox is going to be the head coach in 2018.  In addition, are we really going to blame John Fox for not having NFL caliber WRs on the field? Did John Fox sign Mike Glennon to a 18 million dollar contract? Its like you are cooking dinner and the person who is getting the groceries brings back rotted meat.  You going to blame the chef or the person buying the groceries?  Let's also give Fox some credit.  the defense finally looks good and has played well this year.  This team has made a lot of progress from the Tresman years. 

ct-john-fox-win-or-else-spt-0910-2017071

OC - Mike McCoy - we're getting the band back together.  A real offense coordinator will go along way.  McCoy has tons of experience and has worked with fox before.  In addition, McCoy is not going to go anywhere for a few years the head coaching ship has sailed on him. 

sdut-chargers-retain-mike-mccoy-head-coa 

QB - Dave Rogan

688350158.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=77BFB

DC - Vic Fanigo - he tries to leave as a head coach but no wants him.  He is just stuck in the wrong era off football.

fangio_main_120315.jpg

^^^ Hahaha nice try.  This would be bad.  Real bad.

Also, very much doubt Fangio would come back under this current staff.  Rumor has it that Green Bay will want him after they fire Dom Capers this offseason.  Going to be hard to convince him to stay away from GB when they have a legitimate shot at a SB every year as long as they have Rodgers healthy.

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Nagy is the more challenging guy because he has spent his entire career with one head coach.

I was looking for potential DCs that he could bring in and the only guy who jumps off the page is Todd Bowles and he may not be fired.

I don't think McVay had any working relationship with Phillips prior to him hiring him to be his DC, so I'm sure there are ways to get coaches together. Ditto Pettine and Shanahan once upon a time in Cleveland.

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

I don't think McVay had any working relationship with Phillips prior to him hiring him to be his DC, so I'm sure there are ways to get coaches together. Ditto Pettine and Shanahan once upon a time in Cleveland.

I know, but Phillips was a silver bullet type of guy to land.

Not sure I see a ton of those guy in this pool right now.

Pettine, Pagano, Nolan all have experience, but I do not think they are a Wade Phillips slam dunk hire.

3 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

HC - John Fox.  Upper management ties Pace to Fox.  George and Ted tell Ryan that John Fox is under contract one more year and John fox is going to be the head coach in 2018.  In addition, are we really going to blame John Fox for not having NFL caliber WRs on the field? Did John Fox sign Mike Glennon to a 18 million dollar contract? Its like you are cooking dinner and the person who is getting the groceries brings back rotted meat.  You going to blame the chef or the person buying the groceries?  Let's also give Fox some credit.  the defense finally looks good and has played well this year.  This team has made a lot of progress from the Tresman years. 

ct-john-fox-win-or-else-spt-0910-2017071

OC - Mike McCoy - we're getting the band back together.  A real offense coordinator will go along way.  McCoy has tons of experience and has worked with fox before.  In addition, McCoy is not going to go anywhere for a few years the head coaching ship has sailed on him. 

sdut-chargers-retain-mike-mccoy-head-coa 

QB - Dave Rogan

688350158.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=77BFB

DC - Vic Fanigo - he tries to leave as a head coach but no wants him.  He is just stuck in the wrong era off football.

fangio_main_120315.jpg

You must be trolling.  A) I just shot down Loggains by talking about continuity again I ask, what continuity do you want from 36 ish losses in 3 years.  No i dont blame Fox for the wrs.  I 100% blame fox for the way the future of this team has been developed this year.  #2 overall pick treated with extreme kid gloves and not allowed to grow for the first 5 starts.  2nd round te not hardly on the field even tho hes been productive with every opportunity hes been given.  A rookie d2 player asked to learn 5 different positions.  A probowl caliber 2nd year center being constantly shuffled around. Asking a a 2nd year probowl rb to constantly run into 9 or 10 man boxes.  Having your offense called out as run run pass by Tv announcers. Having your team called boring by John Gruden of all people.  Individually these are firable offenses and there is a multitude of them.  No John Fox can not stay.

11 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You must be trolling.  A) I just shot down Loggains by talking about continuity again I ask, what continuity do you want from 36 ish losses in 3 years.  No i dont blame Fox for the wrs.  I 100% blame fox for the way the future of this team has been developed this year.  #2 overall pick treated with extreme kid gloves and not allowed to grow for the first 5 starts.  2nd round te not hardly on the field even tho hes been productive with every opportunity hes been given.  A rookie d2 player asked to learn 5 different positions.  A probowl caliber 2nd year center being constantly shuffled around. Asking a a 2nd year probowl rb to constantly run into 9 or 10 man boxes.  Having your offense called out as run run pass by Tv announcers. Having your team called boring by John Gruden of all people.  Individually these are firable offenses and there is a multitude of them.  No John Fox can not stay.

A little Trolling but mostly its the middle of the week and there is nothing to talk about. 

Archived