The playoffs!

In order from who I'd most want to play, to least, and what I'd have the spread at. I'm assuming seeds hold. 

1. Falcons (-6.5)
  2. Panthers (-4.5)
  3. Saints (-1.5)
  4. Rams (+2.5)
  5. Vikings (+3.5)

Falcons are simply the weakest of these teams. They do have the potential to play at a very high level, they look unstoppable on offense at times, but I think we'd beat them. Vikings definitely scare me, they are comparable to us in strengths and weaknesses, but their strengths are more pronounced and weaknesses are less pronounced. Of course they are still QB'd by Case, and nearly as inexperienced as us, so I would still give us a very real chance. Rams worry me too. We played them evenly with Wentz, granted it was on the road. I think Wentz outweighs the benefits of HFA a good deal, so if both teams play comparably to how they were in week 14, we lose bad. Gurley is a special talent and we have a tackling problem. Every level of the D is struggling with tackling. DL not finishing off tackles, LBs getting juked, DBs taking poor angles. 

I am torn on whether or not I fear the Saints. On one hand they have a SB winning QB and coach. Unlike the top 3 seeds, they've got loads of experience. On the otherhand, they do their damage through a smash mouth run game which I think we are built to contain.

I really don't think we win a re-match with the Rams. 

I think we can beat the Falcons at home easily. They aren't that good. Definitely in a post SB loss slump.

Saints and Vikings I can't get a read on. I guess I'd rather play the Saints of those two.

23 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

NFC is gonna be tough this year but if I had to play any team from the top 6 I would say the Falcons. We destroyed them last year and this is a better eagles team. 

Last I checked, you wouldn't be playing the 2016 Falcons.  ;)

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

good to see you guys apprehensive about playing the Vikings.

Well you will be baring a collapse either a #1 or #2 seed for a reason. We Should be!!

I'll be honest though outside of the Vikings and Saints (Drew Brees SB Champ), I'm fine facing the rest really at the Linc!!!

Our Defense plays better at Home! Feeds off the crowd. Has proven they can stop the run! So facing a QB like Goff in the cold, nasty weather doesn't scare me! Cam running does but not his passing when he's Trying to kill groundhogs 9x out of 10. Ryan/Julio aren't the same without Shannahan but can get hot. Question is can they stop our offense?

PS: I'm glad everyone is making us underdogs now with Nick Foles. As a Coaching Staff (ala Denver) that can be used as motivation moving forward!!

Archived