The playoffs!

2 minutes ago, 808 said:

Yeah out here on local LA sports radio, the Eagles are seen as an absolute afterthought in these playoffs. Radio personalities continue to mention how the Rams will rest key players, but mention that it has just as much to do with avoiding injury as it does with avoiding the #3 seed. I get resting guys, but do it for the right reason. 

I really hope ATL upsets whoever ends up #3 so we play them in the divisional round. And I really want the Rams to lose. Can't stand their fans out here. 

It make no sense to try and play the Eagles in the divisional round. You have to beat everyone.

Getting the 4 seed means you play either Carolina or NO. Both teams I would not want to see compared to the Falcons/Hawks. Then you have to go on the road in January to play in Philly, the hardest place to win in the NFL this season. Then if you win that you will have to go on the road and likely play the Vikings or Saints anyways.

If your only goal is to make it to the NFCCG this logic makes sense. If you want to win the Super Bowl, it is completely meaningless and could actually make it harder.

13 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If your only goal is to make it to the NFCCG this logic makes sense. If you want to win the Super Bowl, it is completely meaningless and could actually make it harder.

Exactly. McVay has shown coaching maturity beyond his years, but maybe this is one area he hasn't gained complete knowledge of. 

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Getting the 4 seed means you play either Carolina or NO. Both teams I would not want to see compared to the Falcons/Hawks. Then you have to go on the road in January to play in Philly, the hardest place to win in the NFL this season. Then if you win that you will have to go on the road and likely play the Vikings or Saints anyways.

Their Fans have gotten so Cocky looking towards a NFCCG that it doesn't matter who they "play/beat" in the WC round, they're beating the Eagles regardless!

Can't wait to watch them to Choke on overconfidence!! Going to be Cowboys Esq' of 2016.

8 hours ago, RBreezy said:

We're going to be a 13-14 win team that'll be underdogs in Philly

I like that a lot. All of these other teams can count the Eagles out, our players will continue to find ways to overcome adversity and win

I will just feel bad for any team that loses to us because their fans on here have already talked so much trash their posters may never be able to have the face to post again.

42 minutes ago, Phire said:

I do like that we have nothing to really lose. We've had too many injuries to have any realistic expectations. Should be a fun ride.

True. Enjoy this ride while we have access to it. Took over 10 years to get the #1 seed, who knows when we see that again. 

Archived