Aaron Rodgers Back to the IR.

gopherwrestler

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Lotta happy/relieved Viking fans in this thread lol.

Hard to hide that sort of relief when it's the only chance the team you root for has :)

Packers obviously have their work cut out for them this offseason. Looks like a roster full of holes and older players playing on bad contracts. TT needs to really nail this coming draft, relying on Rodgers may become a failing strategy given his age.

And as I've said, I would have preferred to see Rodgers play on Saturday, would have made the game more interesting. Can Hundley crack 150 passing yards against MN? The last two QBs MN has faced haven't.

Green Bay might be wise to invest in a competent backup QB, that arguably could have saved the Packers season in the end, as it did in MN with Keenum. 

17 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Packers obviously have their work cut out for them this offseason. Looks like a roster full of holes and older players playing on bad contracts. TT needs to really nail this coming draft, relying on Rodgers may become a failing strategy given his age.

And as I've said, I would have preferred to see Rodgers play on Saturday, would have made the game more interesting. Can Hundley crack 150 passing yards against MN? The last two QBs MN has faced haven't.

Green Bay might be wise to invest in a competent backup QB, that arguably could have saved the Packers season in the end, as it did in MN with Keenum. 

Yawn.

Cute little try.

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I wish he would play.  It's a lot more fun to beat the Packers (and there is little doubt that we would) with Rodgers playing.  He threw 3 INT's against the Panthers and crushed their playoff hopes.  He obviously wants NO part of our defense again this year.  

Yes...that's clearly the case. 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't think any QB is afraid to play any defense. That wasn't my point.

Honestly, not sure what your point is.  Rodgers threw 4 times against the Vikings in their first meeting.  I'm not sure how you can extract anything other than an opinion from what you're tying to.

1 hour ago, rrgm said:

?

Packer fans at their best

Weirdly enough, pointing out facts isn't exactly trolling.  In good taste?  Probably not, but not factually incorrect.  The Vikings have only had one pair of back-to-back seasons where they posted double digit wins since 2000...that's not exactly setting the world on fire.  That's four seasons in 16 seasons before this year.  Compare that to the Packers who've won double digit games in 12 of those same 16 seasons.  It's literally not even a comparison.

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Normally I'd agree with you but this franchise has turned a corner. Zimmer and Spielman have done an oustanding job putting this roster together. As long as those two are running the show the Vikings will competing for the playoffs nearly every season. Rodgers will be 35 this time next year and you can't count on him to stay healthy like he has. 

He's had a pair of fluke broken collarbone injuries.  This isn't exactly Sam Bradford and his chronic knees...

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Lotta happy/relieved Viking fans in this thread lol.

Hard to hide that sort of relief when it's the only chance the team you root for has :)

My relief in Rodgers not playing has much more to do with not wanting him suffer additional injuries than anything else.  While we are fans of our respective teams, most of us are decent enough human beings to not want to see players injured.  I had my left collarbone broken in a tackling drill (in 9th grade, yes during the Pleistocene era), it really sucked.  I don't wish injuries on any player.

Archived