Aaron Rodgers Back to the IR.

gopherwrestler

6 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I wish he would play.  It's a lot more fun to beat the Packers (and there is little doubt that we would) with Rodgers playing.  He threw 3 INT's against the Panthers and crushed their playoff hopes.  He obviously wants NO part of our defense again this year.  

I can't tell if you're trolling or not.  Are you suggesting it was his decision to go back on IR  because he was afraid of your defense??  lol

5 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

....he's going on IR even though he's medically cleared to play? Just to avoid a possible injury?

What about loyalty to his team-mates? Sounds like he's giving up on the team, what a POS. They should cut him.

What is with some of you people??  Rodgers was the one begging the damn doctors to let him play seeing the team was still mathematically eligible for a playoff spot but now he's a POS because the team doctors and the coaches decided the risk wasn't worth it now that the team is eliminated??   Good lord...

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

What is with some of you people??  Rodgers was the one begging the damn doctors to let him play seeing the team was still mathematically eligible for a playoff spot but now he's a POS because the team doctors and the coaches decided the risk wasn't worth it now that the team is eliminated??   Good lord...

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the user you quoted was making a joke -albeit, a bad one - and referencing the Micheal Bennett situation where people were calling him a POS because he quit on his team. Why? I don't know. The situations aren't even remotely close.

48 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the user you quoted was making a joke -albeit, a bad one - and referencing the Micheal Bennett situation where people were calling him a POS because he quit on his team. Why? I don't know. The situations aren't even remotely close.

How are they not close? Both are somewhat injured, both could still go out and play, but both decided it was not worthwhile.

One gets cut, the other is the darling franchise QB. That's your difference.

It would be cool if we could cut the Jr. high **** talk on both sides. This is just a game afterall. 

This obviously isn't the Packers year, and it could possibly be the Vikings. What really sucks is two of the top QBs in the NFL are both out and that really weakens the NFC playoffs. 

And that, is that. 

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

The situations are identical. Both players COULD play, but would rather not play because they want avoid injury since there's nothing to play for. Bennett wanted to go on IR despite being cleared, and so does Rodgers. In fact, Bennett at least needed surgery, so had more justification.

One player is cut, and then abused and reviled, because he "quit on his team". The team that picks him off waivers is even accused of somehow manipulating the situation.

The other player is allowed to protect his own long-term interests without any criticism at all.

That's a double standard.

3 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

How are they not close? Both are somewhat injured, both could still go out and play, but both decided it was not worthwhile.

One gets cut, the other is the darling franchise QB. That's your difference.

I’d be willing to bet that those players are glad he isn’t playing. They recognise his value long term 

12 hours ago, incognito_man said:

They had an 85% chance to make it if we won out...that's more than realistic.

Yeah but there was maybe a 25% chance they win out so that still equates to a slim margin for success. 

I find Rodgers return from the IR extremely comical. Comes back, giving everyone false hope, throws three picks and misses a bunch of other throws, gets his team eliminated from the playoffs then goes back on IR. 

I give him credit for coming back considering he most certainly should not have, but it is still comical. Almost as comical as all of the Packers fans being mad at Vikings fans for saying they wish Rodgers was playing this week (which is exactly what Packers fans wish for as well FYI). 

Personally, I am a bit disappointed as because a primetime Saturday NFL game's entertainment value just dropped of a cliff. 

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Weirdly enough, pointing out facts isn't exactly trolling.  In good taste?  Probably not, but not factually incorrect.  The Vikings have only had one pair of back-to-back seasons where they posted double digit wins since 2000...that's not exactly setting the world on fire.  That's four seasons in 16 seasons before this year.  Compare that to the Packers who've won double digit games in 12 of those same 16 seasons.  It's literally not even a comparison.

Barring injury with Zimmer running the show you're going to see many more in the future. He's only in his 4th year and he's won the division twice. His worst record was 7-9 in his first year. He's an outstanding coach and teacher.

12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, not sure what your point is.  Rodgers threw 4 times against the Vikings in their first meeting.  I'm not sure how you can extract anything other than an opinion from what you're tying to.

it was more along the point that the other poster doesn't look at the divisional rival objectively.

although I can't blame him. there isn't much objectivity at all from anyone when it comes to Vikings and Packers discussions. xD

The situations are identical. Both players COULD play, but would rather not play because they want avoid injury since there's nothing to play for. Bennett wanted to go on IR despite being cleared, and so does Rodgers. In fact, Bennett at least needed surgery, so had more justification.

One player is cut, and then abused and reviled, because he "quit on his team". The team that picks him off waivers is even accused of somehow manipulating the situation.

The other player is allowed to protect his own long-term interests without any criticism at all.

When was Bennett ever in Green Bay where there was nothing to play for? He quit on a team over .500 still in the thick of a playoff race.

Rodgers and others with nagging injuries (Perry, Adams, House) are going to be shut down since there is absolutely nothing to play for anymore.

Situations aren't the same despite however you want to try and paint it.

If Bennett truly wanted to go on IR and have the surgery why in the hell did he sign with NE and suit up and play for them a week later?  He wanted out of GB once Rodgers got hurt and his chances for the playoffs were dashed.  He finally went on IR for a completely different injury.

4 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Both players COULD play, but would rather not play because they want avoid injury since there's nothing to play for

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000892088/article/packers-aaron-rodgers-at-crossroads-with-key-decision

Bennett wanted to go on IR despite being cleared,

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/martellus-bennett-active-for-patriots-after-accusing-packers-of-mishandling-injury/

In fact, Bennett at least needed surgery, so had more justification.

https://www.totalpackers.com/2017/12/aaron-rodgers-back/

3 hours ago, N4L said:

Yeah but there was maybe a 25% chance they win out so that still equates to a slim margin for success. 

I find Rodgers return from the IR extremely comical. Comes back, giving everyone false hope, throws three picks and misses a bunch of other throws, gets his team eliminated from the playoffs then goes back on IR. 

I give him credit for coming back considering he most certainly should not have, but it is still comical. Almost as comical as all of the Packers fans being mad at Vikings fans for saying they wish Rodgers was playing this week (which is exactly what Packers fans wish for as well FYI). 

Personally, I am a bit disappointed as because a primetime Saturday NFL game's entertainment value just dropped of a cliff. 

There's less than a 25% chance many teams make the playoffs in week 1. You think no good players should ever play eh?

Archived