Raider Offseason Workouts (Rookie minicamp, OTAs & more)

2 hours ago, RaidersForever said:

Awesomeness, hope he and Bowers both go off this season.

He looks like he slimmed down a lil I remember in his presser few weeks ago he said he’s faster more athletic than he was last year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Im not saying he has a variety of moves. I’m saying his hand placement is usually inside leverage.

He looked fast vs Wilkins in the dline bag race drill.

I don’t remember much about his hand placement last year so you could be on to something. 

15 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Dylan Laube apparently getting 1st team reps in passing situations 

Good to hear, I like Abdullah but if he can usurp him that would be a good thing, can he block well enough to start is usually the question with these low round RBs?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Good to hear, I like Abdullah but if he can usurp him that would be a good thing, can he block well enough to start is usually the question with these low round RBs?

They already know what Abdullah can do, but even if Laube looks really good, I doubt that they would leave the role solely to the rookie in his 1st season. Abdullah is safe Laube will be worked in as his backup for this season I'm sure.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

They already know what Abdullah can do, but even if Laube looks really good, I doubt that they would leave the role solely to the rookie in his 1st season. Abdullah is safe Laube will be worked in as his backup for this season I'm sure.

We'll probably keep 4 RBs with White starting, Mattison being the primary backup, Abdullah retaining his role for now, and Laube learning the finer points. 

That's actually not a horrible spot to be in, though I have questions about utilization:

I recall Aaron Jones being heavily involved in the passing game under Getsy in GB. Does this mean we'll use White more in that regard, or will those types of snaps go mostly to Abdullah/Laube? 

Not really a negative type of question, rather I figure if we see more Abdullah/Laube, the chances of seeing more Laube will increase as the season wears on and Abdullah's age becomes more apparent. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

We'll probably keep 4 RBs with White starting, Mattison being the primary backup, Abdullah retaining his role for now, and Laube learning the finer points. 

That's actually not a horrible spot to be in, though I have questions about utilization:

I recall Aaron Jones being heavily involved in the passing game under Getsy in GB. Does this mean we'll use White more in that regard, or will those types of snaps go mostly to Abdullah/Laube? 

Not really a negative type of question, rather I figure if we see more Abdullah/Laube, the chances of seeing more Laube will increase as the season wears on and Abdullah's age becomes more apparent. 

Jones was a pretty decent receiving back though. I'm not sure how good white would be in that roll. 

53 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Did Parham seemingly switch to RG? I am listening to Raider content for the first time in ages and I got the sense Parham is next to Munford?

That was the look at camp a few weeks ago before JPJ got shut down.  They seemingly want JPJ next to Kolton and James which isn't a bad scenario.  Parham next to Munford.  I think Parham will be excellent on the right side.  

• Like 1