New to the Rams

Kiwibrown

the Rams are my playoff team. 

I might watch a game or two from the season to get acclimatized. 
Which game should I watch?
What sought of offense and defense do you all run?

Who should my favorite players not named Goff, gurley, Donald and Quinn?

How do we feel about J Fish and Greg Williams?

32 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Watch the SF game on TNF (Week 3) and watch the Dallas (Week 5).

The Rams run a playaction pass based offense where Goff actually is top 2 in terms of percentage of times he throws from a playaction. A lot runs through Gurley. Defense is a 3-4 that blitzes a lot and thus it’s man to man in coverage.

As for my favorite player outside of the ones you named, it’s Kupp. He is very skilled and plays like a veteran.

I dislike Fisher and thought him and Williams had the Rams defense playing way too inconsistent. I’m so glad the Rams hired McVay and Wade. The Rams easily have the best coaching staff in the NFL. 

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Andrew Whitworth

We like Williams and resent Fisher but don't completely hate him (because he did bring in talent and did a much better job than Spags and Vanillahan).

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

For sure the Cowboys game. That's the game where I really started to believe this team could be really good this year. In hindsight, it doesn't look as that great of a win but it was massive at the time. It was still early in the season so it was still early to tell what this team was or could be but after this win I think people started taking notice of the potential of this team. Just had that feeling of a statement win.

Next I'll say the Seahawks game from this past Sunday because I think we're by far the better team this year and we proved it in a big way. Going into their stadium and basically taking the NFC West from and possibly crushing their playoff hopes right in front of their own fans felt so good. Just to finally get out of their shadow after so long. No better feeling. I've also heard this game being a "changing of the guard" in the NFC West and the Seahawks possibly moving on from a lot of guys like Legion of Boom guys. Crazy to think the roles may be reversed now with these two teams.

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Who should my favorite players not named Goff, Gurley, Donald and Quinn?

A name I'll throw out is Rodger Saffold. He's our longest tenured player so he's one of the guys I'm most happy for that this team is finally having success. He's also been an animal this year and a big part of the offense's success.

Hope you enjoy the ride the rest of the season and welcome to the fun house :) A couple guys that are worth noting don't get a lot of the headlines and don't do the glamorous work.

Look at Michael Brockers, who was a damned good NT but in Wades defense was moved to LDE. Makes plays and still occupies defenders even in his new role. This was another great move by our all world DC Wade Phillips. He's got 50 tackles and 4.5 sacks to go with his 3 pass defenses as a 6'5" 322 lb (some reports have him down to 300 this year). He's a very unsung hero on that DL. 

The other is a guy I've called for replacing before and a lot of other people have around here too. But Rodger Saffold has been an absolute monster in both run and pass blocking along side our LT Andrew Whitworth. He got hurt often when he played at Tackle but at Guard he seems to have found a new lease on life. And Aaron Kromer and Sean McVay's blocking scheme seems to fit him like a glove. Brian Baldinger in particular loves our guy Rodger.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000895921/Instant-Playbook-Keys-to-stopping-the-Rams-offense

Archived