Bring back two former players (1 offense, 1 defense)

Soko

Rules:

- You get them as they were for your team. So Tennessee isn’t getting Vikings Randy Moss, for example.

- No Pro Bowlers (or alternates), no All-Pros (or second team) in their entire careers (even if it was for another team).

- Cap isn’t an issue. 

Who would you bring back to your team to go on a run? 

I'm cheating, because Alex Brown was an alternate pro-bowler twice, but he'd be the pick for the defense that I can think of.  If I couldn't do that, then I'd probably go with Willie Young.  Offensively, I suppose I'd go with Tom Thayer to help shore up the offensive line.  

Edited by TankWilliams

Kareem McKenzie and Corey Webster. We'd add a lockdown boundary corner (really surprised Webster didn't get a pro-bowl nod in 2008 or 2009) and solidify RT once and for all. 3/5 of that incredible 2007-2011 Giants OL made pro bowls or all-pros, so I couldn't choose O'Hara, Snee, or Diehl. It was between Seubert and McKenzie, and I went with the RT over the G.

• Like 3

Just now, minutemancl said:

Kareem McKenzie and Corey Webster. We'd add a lockdown boundary corner (really surprised Webster didn't get a pro-bowl nod in 2008 or 2009) and solidify RT once and for all. 3/5 of that incredible 2007-2011 Giants OL made pro bowls or all-pros, so I couldn't choose O'Hara, Snee, or Diehl. It was between Seubert and McKenzie, and I went with the RT over the G.

lol,what timing 

• Like 1

Learned today, far too many Chiefs have made exactly one pro-bowl to invalidate themselves from this exercise lol. A lot of our good but not great OL and DBs over the years managed to squeak out a pro-bowl or two.

There are some decent options at WR though. Eddie Kennison, Derrick Alexander, Jeremy Maclin, honestly even Sammy Watkins. A lot of like, okay #1s to good #2s who were kind of journeyman adds, but all would be good additions to our current WR corp.

On defense, is it cheating to just take back L'Jarius Sneed? Otherwise, I was always a big Brandon Carr fan. Sean Smith and Kendall Fuller had really good stints here as well. And then Aaron Brown is a name that I know, because he got like 40 sacks in 3 years for us back in the late 60s, but I'd be lying if I said I knew anything about him otherwise. Might've just benefitted off the talent around him, might have been underappreciated because of it. Couldn't tell you.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Soko said:

Rules:

- You get them as they were for your team. So Tennessee isn’t getting Vikings Randy Moss, for example.

- No Pro Bowlers (or alternates), no All-Pros (or second team) in their entire careers (even if it was for another team).

- Cap isn’t an issue. 

Who would you bring back to your team to go on a run? 

2002 Fred Smoot and 2006 Ladell Betts.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He said no pro bowlers or all pros

Yeah but that's dumb.  So I'm joining in in ignoring that rule.

For the Titans on offense: Steve McNair.  Levis may be a franchise QB, but McNair definitely was, and obviously, the most important position.  As an alternate, give me Taylor Lewan manning the left side of the line and our new OT JC Latham on the right and that OL would be cooking with gas.

On defense, it's a lot tougher.  But by the narrowest of margins, I say Albert Haynesworth.  Having him, Jeff Simmons, and T'Vondre Sweat on the same defensive line would just obliterate anything you put in front of them.  We'd have a so-so Edge rush, but who cares when the pocket only stays uncollapsed for like one second?  Very closely behind Haynesworth are Keith Bulluck and Jevon Kearse.