Bring back two former players (1 offense, 1 defense)

Soko

Marques Colston and Junior Galette.

On a separate note, Marques Colston has to be one the best WR's of all time to never make a Pro Bowl/All Pro. Dude had over 10,000 receiving yards in his career and averaged over 1,000 receiving yards per year over his first 9 seasons in the NFL 

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

On a separate note, Marques Colston has to be one the best WR's of all time to never make a Pro Bowl/All Pro. Dude had over 10,000 receiving yards in his career and averaged over 1,000 receiving yards per year over his first 9 seasons in the NFL 

He played with a stat padder that didn’t care about winning. 

OJ Atogwe

Danny Amendola 

I'm shocked he never made at least one. The way I remember it he was thought of as one of the 10 best WRs in the league for at least a year or two

• Like 1

Viikings

O: HB Chester Taylor - a 1,250 yard rusher at his peak with a near 10-year career of solid play.

D: CB Trae Waynes - An only ok player, but has good length and speed at a position of need. Perhaps we can hope he’d pan out better in this hypothetical second chance. 

• Like 1

For the 49ers...

Anthony Davis. Please somebody convince Lynch to at least try and improve RT

Jimmie Ward. His absence really showed last year, would love to have him back. 

7 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

No Pro Bowlers or alternates in this day and age means you probably don't want to bring them back now, no?

Not always. New England had picks between Nate Solder (decent but not exceptional LT in NE), Brandin Cooks, Julian Edelman, James White, Shaq Mason, Sebastian Vollmer, Danny Amendola. On defense it was a little more sparse, but Patrick Chung, Trey Flowers, and Logan Ryan. 

No world beaters, but solid players for sure.

Side note, and I know he’s not a #1, but Aaron Hernandez would be a killer addition. No one would want to see him in a 4th quarter shootout. When it was on the field, you couldn’t really criticize him for his play, his precision, his execution. Pretty consistent playoff threat, only really got locked up vs the Jets in his rookie season. He even almost bailed us out in the SB with that Hail Mary, but I suppose he ultimately left us all hanging there.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

He played with a stat padder that didn’t care about winning. 

Super Bowl Champ and made it to the NFC Championship 3 times, not concerned about that narrative lmao

Edited by tyler735

1 hour ago, adamq said:

I'm shocked he never made at least one. The way I remember it he was thought of as one of the 10 best WRs in the league for at least a year or two

He definitely was for a couple years, but for whatever reason it just never happened for him. 

28 minutes ago, Soko said:

Not always. New England had picks between Nate Solder (decent but not exceptional LT in NE), Brandin Cooks, Julian Edelman, James White, Shaq Mason, Sebastian Vollmer, Danny Amendola. On defense it was a little more sparse, but Patrick Chung, Trey Flowers, and Logan Ryan. 

No world beaters, but solid players for sure.

On the flip, Andy Dalton was a Pro Bowler

Super Bowl Champ and made it to the NFC Championship 3 times, not concerned about that narrative lmao

NFL felt bad for Katrina. The way bounty gate was over looked. Yeah. They could have shot Brett Favre with a 12 gage shotty and still play on. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Mark van Eeghan and Jim Plunkett I guess. Would give the Raiders a QB capable of letting a team win a SB, but follows the no pro-bowl/all pro requirement and Mark van Eeghan would give us a run game as well which would be important for a Plunket-led championship. I am assuming I'm getting an age-adjusted version obviously lol.

QB: Jim Plunkett
RB: Mark van Eeghan / Zamir White
WR: Davante Adams
WR: Jacoby Meyers
WR: Tre Tucker
TE: Brock Bowers/Michael Mayer
LT: Kolton Miller
LG: Jackson Powers Johnson
OC: Andre James
RG: Dylan Parham
RT: Thayer Munford

DE: Maxx Crosby
DT: John Jenkins
DT: Christian Wilkins
DE: Tyree Wilson/Malcom Koonce
LB: Divine Deablo
LB: Robert Spillane
LB: Tommy Eichenberg
CB: Jack Jones
CB: Nate Hobbs
S: Trevon Moehrig
S: Marcus Epps

K: Daniel Carlson
P: AJ Cole

edit: I missed the one offense one defense part. Oh well.

Edited by Trojan