Bring back two former players (1 offense, 1 defense)

Soko

Since CHI can't use Alex Brown as he was an alternate, I will go with DE Ed O'Bradovich and OT Keith Van Horne. I'm assuming that players would be able to bulk up like hey have today. 

Otherwise William Perry would be my fullback on offense. 

For Texans

CB Dunta Robinson
OG Chester Pitts 

With the small caveat I'm not entirely sure they were never alternates, that didn't get moved up, but they were never in a PB

Posted (edited)

Defense left off a few that had pro bowls elsewhere that would’ve liked like Trevor Pryce on our DL. Would’ve also liked to add a pass rusher to this squad, but many were PBs elsewhere.

Yet it seems our defensive backs were a bit underrated and/or injury prone enough to miss getting some pro bowl nods. Either Jimmy Smith and Lardarius Webb would be my picks for this exercise. Smith had the more elite tools and both had durability issues throughout their career, but to bring back to this upcoming team, Webb has FS/CB versatility, he can play slot corner or boundary corner at a high level. His peak was also better than Jimmy Smith as well. 2011 Webb with 20 pass deflections, 5 picks, 1 TD, 2 FR… he was balling. Injecting that into this secondary with All Pro Kyle Hamilton, Marcus Williams, Wiggins, Humphrey, and Stephens as corners. That’d be a deep secondary. It’s already deep, but I can’t think of a defender that would be a greater impact than someone like Webb.

Offense would either be WR Torrey Smith or LG/C Jason Brown. Both options could really help out this squad. Torrey was a leader and a winner though and played his best in big games, so even though the OL could use the help a little more and even though we already have Tez Walker that might provide some of what Torrey Smith gave… I know Smith was an elite deep threat WR option that could block at a high level and that would pair really well with Lamar and Henry.

Edited by diamondbull424

On 5/15/2024 at 2:01 PM, Daniel said:

Well most of the ones I'd want to bring back were either Pro Bowlers or All Pros, so...

Yeah that's kind of a weird restriction...

3 hours ago, bomont said:

Yeah that's kind of a weird restriction...

That's what makes it interesting. If you dig in you'll be surprised at some of the names that never made a PB

Posted (edited)

- No Pro Bowlers (or alternates), no All-Pros (or second team) in their entire careers (even if it was for another team).

Eagles 

Running back

Duce Staley
Staley ran for 4,807 yards in an Eagles uniform with three 1,000-yard seasons. No other non-Pro Bowler in Eagles history had one 1,000-yard season. Also had 2498 Recieving yards and 34 total TD!

Cornerback

Sheldon Brown 
Sheldon had 19 Interceptions in his 8 years as a Eagle with 5 DTD, 7 FFB, 112 PDU , 19 TFL, 7 sacks, 438 tackles and one Catastrophic you got "Jacked Up Hit" on Reggie Bush!!!

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 5/15/2024 at 8:28 PM, Sugashane said:

Since CHI can't use Alex Brown as he was an alternate, I will go with DE Ed O'Bradovich and OT Keith Van Horne. I'm assuming that players would be able to bulk up like hey have today. 

Otherwise William Perry would be my fullback on offense. 

Lots of 30 play TD drives with Fridge running the ball every play up the field!  xD

4 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Lots of 30 play TD drives with Fridge running the ball every play up the field!  xD

Are they allowed to have oxygen masks attached to their pads? lol

• Like 3

I'd probably take my chances with Derrick Deese, and have him play RT, which he had limited experience. I can't remember how well he did, since it was just for a season. But he also had a majority of EXP playing various positions on the OL. Like a poor man's Bruce Matthews. 

Then for corner I'd choose Don Griffin easily. Very underrated corner that slipped through the cracks failing to make a single Pro Bowl. 

Was actually considering JJ Stokes. He's probably the best 49ers WR that never won an accolade. 

• Like 1

For the Titans:

OG Benji Olsen- good not great player but at his peak would win the RG spot.

HM: probably Kenny Britt WR (he would kill in this offensive)

DE Derrick Morgan- I always felt he was underrated even by Titans fans. He would generate so much pressure. 

HM: Wesley Woodyard ILB- would start at LB 

On 5/15/2024 at 1:57 PM, Soko said:

No Pro Bowlers

On 5/15/2024 at 1:58 PM, MikeT14 said:

Sean Taylor

I seem to remember Sean Taylor murdering someone in the Pro Bowl…

• Like 1