Shedeur Sanders is going to be...

Slappy Mc

On 5/15/2024 at 2:44 PM, JetsandI said:

It is cool with me.  As long as Jets don't end up another top 10 pick for pete's sake.

You will probably have a Top 5 or a Bottom 5 pick, depending on how things work out with ARod this year.  LOL.  I could see you guys in the Super Bowl with him, but I could also see it falling apart pretty quickly if ARod mentally calls it a career early in the season and just goes through the motions.  Good luck!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Inferior talent on their roster? They made the college playoff. Got to have good talent to do that.

Penix had no business going top 10 cuz he's 24 with some medical issues(issues were cleared by some I guess). The fact he's also a lefty probably dings him a hair as well.

I also have to account for his time in Indiana - he elevated a program that was trash to contending for the Big 10 in his first year, then fell off completely after he got injured in each of the next two years. 

On 6/3/2024 at 12:59 PM, RedandPewterReturns said:

I also have to account for his time in Indiana - he elevated a program that was trash to contending for the Big 10 in his first year, then fell off completely after he got injured in each of the next two years. 

I probably wouldn't have touched Him till round 2.  Partly cuz hes left handed so if u had to go to a backup ud probably want another Lefty.

55 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I probably wouldn't have touched Him till round 2.  Partly cuz hes left handed so if u had to go to a backup ud probably want another Lefty.

Steve Young, Vick, Tua...none have lefty backups

On 6/4/2024 at 7:17 PM, Ragnarok said:

Steve Young, Vick, Tua...none have lefty backups

Very true, but Steve Young and even Vick played in a different era and were under center a ton.  Tua was in the shotgun what 80% of the time or something.  When in the shotgun being left handed is much less of an issue because their back is not turned away from the edge rusher as often, thus LT and RT switching is not needed as much, the Washington Huskies with Penix was in the shotgun a ton the last two years.  

"In today’s NFL, over 83 percent of all offensive snaps come with the quarterback in some form of shotgun formation. Some quarterbacks, notably Jalen Hurts and Joe Burrow, take over 95 percent of their snaps in the shotgun."   

• 2 months later...

Well Shedeur played good in this one even though NDSU is clearly not an elite defensive team and are lacking in DB talent.  

Horn and Hunter were wide open constantly in this game, so either they are that good or NDSU has that suspect of DBs.  Shedeur still took some big hits but it is really hard to not be impressed with his poise despite getting hit so much.  And he can really throw the football and has improved so much over the course of his college career.  

It is hard to evaluate Shedeur, he has never played QB in his life without his father as his head coach.  That is not a great thing, I am not sure what he would be like without Deion around and maybe he would be better, who knows.  But that could be an issue at the next level because Deion has his thoughts and will be super hands on, I would not be surprised if he leaves Colorado once Shedeur is done this year and demands to be the QB coach of the team that drafts Shedeur in the NFL.  

Curious what Shedeur would look like in a different program, one with a better more stable OL, more pro style system and not so spread all the time.  I am not a fan of how Colorado runs that team and is constantly changing players and coaches and bringing in guys who are former pros but have never actually coached before.  Lucky for Deion he got Travis Hunter recruiting at Jackson State and he has his son at QB, because if not that team could be absolutely terrible potentially.  Those are two huge super stars though if Travis Hunter can stay healthy and that is a big if considering how thin his lower body is.  Oh but they are loaded with talent, not just a few guys honestly and rest of the roster is beyond average, not much up and coming young talent it looked like against NDSU.

Shedeur looked good though, just not sure how many wins they will get this season.  Just seems odd being like this kid is an amazing QB #1 overall pick and the team might be 6-6 at the end of the year.  Over parenting his kid, maybe but it would be interesting how Shedeur do without his father around as the coach.  Because really his entire life all of the offense is completely tailored around Shedeur, great for him but would be nice to see him in a different system under different leadership.  

Shedeur doesn't have the leadership. He's a cocky little kid who thinks he's the best to ever walk the earth and won't hear it from anybody. Does anybody think he'll take any sort of hard coaching from somebody who's not his father? He'll probably dismiss the coach as a hater and demand a trade. He has talent, but he's not gonna make it in the NFL.

10 minutes ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Shedeur doesn't have the leadership. He's a cocky little kid who thinks he's the best to ever walk the earth and won't hear it from anybody. Does anybody think he'll take any sort of hard coaching from somebody who's not his father? He'll probably dismiss the coach as a hater and demand a trade. He has talent, but he's not gonna make it in the NFL.

Where are you getting this from?  I do not think he is that overly cocky, and how he is not losing his mind on the sidelines especially last year and getting sacked constantly.  He does not rip and get on his teammates or the OL when last year many QBs would.  The guy does not seem to complain much at all, even when he gets totally crushed in the pocket.  Travis Hunter is a little brash and cocky not Shedeur Sanders!  If anything Shedeur should be a bit more vocal with his teammates but shows character not just constantly trashing guys also.  

Deion Sanders is cocky not his son Shedeur.  But Deion Sanders could be a problem going into the NFL especially if he wants to join his son where he goes.  Would be interesting to see Shedeur without his father around.  Shedeur has character and to me he is a good leader and does have a good mind for the game.  If he for example gets hurt, Colorado and that entire program would be a mess, same with those two years at Jackson State.  Shedeur is massively important to Deion having success at Jackson State and Colorado, but it would be great to see him without his dad around as a coach.  

I'm expecting Deion and Shedeur to be a package deal with the Cowboys, just kind of where I see it all going. I like that Shedeur is taking his lumps and not sitting in clean pockets all day, going to help him in the pros IMO. 

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Where are you getting this from?  I do not think he is that overly cocky, and how he is not losing his mind on the sidelines especially last year and getting sacked constantly.  He does not rip and get on his teammates or the OL when last year many QBs would.  The guy does not seem to complain much at all, even when he gets totally crushed in the pocket.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10119285-shedeur-sanders-rips-very-mid-xavier-smith-after-remarks-on-deion-sanders-colorado

This was after beating a team that went 3-9.

This was against the same 3-9 team. Really punching up a weight class here.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10088876-colorados-shedeur-sanders-slams-nebraskas-matt-rhule-win-was-extremely-personal

This bizarrely came out after Rhule said that he... is excited to coach his own players? And it was supposed to be some sort of tremendous disrespect to his father, according to Shedeur.

He's an insecure ******, and it seems like his father is too after years of good PR. NFL FOs aren't going to stomach this for very long, especially since it's obvious that Deion will be breathing down the neck of whichever team drafts him.

From a football standpoint, he had a 25.3%(!!!) Pressure-To-Sack rate last year, so it wasn't just poor Shedeur Sanders and his terrible OL; he couldn't get rid of the ball in-time a lot either.

17 minutes ago, HerbertGOAT said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10119285-shedeur-sanders-rips-very-mid-xavier-smith-after-remarks-on-deion-sanders-colorado

This was after beating a team that went 3-9.

This was against the same 3-9 team. Really punching up a weight class here.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10088876-colorados-shedeur-sanders-slams-nebraskas-matt-rhule-win-was-extremely-personal

This bizarrely came out after Rhule said that he... is excited to coach his own players? And it was supposed to be some sort of tremendous disrespect to his father, according to Shedeur.

He's an insecure ******, and it seems like his father is too after years of good PR. NFL FOs aren't going to stomach this for very long, especially since it's obvious that Deion will be breathing down the neck of whichever team drafts him.

From a football standpoint, he had a 25.3%(!!!) Pressure-To-Sack rate last year, so it wasn't just poor Shedeur Sanders and his terrible OL; he couldn't get rid of the ball in-time a lot either.

Nothing here is really that big of deal in my book.  Throwing another players mouth guard into the stands?  And the stuff with Rhule was obviously just a misunderstanding, but I recall that being tense before the game based on comments potentially taken out of context that Rhule said.  Either way that makes him a super cocky player?  Listening to Shedeur talk in interviews, he does not come across as cocky what so ever to me.  

Now yes his father does and is and will be potentially a problem in the pros.  But that is just a guess, maybe he will stay at Colorado and let Shedeur be a pro and just put in his two cents every now and again.  Either way the kid is very skilled but is a hard evaluation in that system with those coaches and those players around him.  As for holding the football too long, of course he did that last year, he scrambles around trying to make plays and last year, tried to do too much and it cost him and his team.  Cannot fault him for trying though and taking those hits and fighting despite honestly having a pretty crappy roster around him outside of Hunter and Horn.  Their RB room is nothing great, TE room is nothing great, DL is nothing great, LB core is nothing great, safeties are nothing great, Hunter is good at CB but not sure about the rest at all, and the OL is clearly nothing amazing either.

Considering that, and the pressure he is under and all of the attention he gets/commercials he is in, dude performs pretty well considering all of that.  Yes Caleb Williams last year did not have a great team on USC, but even that team looks awesome top to bottom compared to Colorado and what they have.  Again it is basically a two man roster with two super stars and the rest so far are just eh.

It will be interesting to watch and see if Shedeur and Colorado can actually win this year, sure beating NDSU is solid but honestly not sure that NDSU team is all that good and even they took them right to the wire.  That game against Nebraska will be really interesting because Nebraska is a tough team and has way better RBs than NDSU, better OL, better DL, better DBs and better LBs.  And on the road, yeah that will be a test, it will be the toughest road game they play all season with that environment and the hype with a QB on Nebraska like Raiola.

I was kind of on your side this off season about Shedeur, but the more I watch him and listen to him talk, he seems pretty legit but we will see it is only week 1.  

Edited by Ozzy

This forum continues to show that they don't know how to evaluate a QB. Shedeur Sanders is a less athletic version of Caleb Williams. Shedeur's football IQ and leadership ability are very impressive. As horrible as his OL was last season, not once did he throw them under the bus. That same OL led to his season ending injury, but no slander came from the QB. Watch him constantly directing, grooming and developing the younger guys, organizing team workouts, etc.... You guys claim to know ball yet say things like "I haven't watched him but..." or " His father" or other ridiculous BS. Similar was said about Caleb and besides being excellent QBs, Shedeur and Caleb have something else in common: a confidence that brings out the insecurities in insecure guys.