Shedeur Sanders is going to be...

Slappy Mc

8 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Are there many QBs that aren't? 

There's a difference between having an alpha dog mentality, and being a little sh*t. Brady, Burrow, Rivers, Cam Newton, Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning, etc. all carried themselves with a swagger of "I'm the man, and this is how we're gonna have to get it done. So buckle up, get your crap together, and let's go win this football game"; whereas Shedeur carries himself with a swagger of "I'm the man... y'all are barely even worthy to be on the same field as me. Check out my watch!". I think there's a strong division between how those two styles of arrogance come off in a locker room.

• Like 1

https://www.si.com/college/colorado/buffs-social/deion-sanders-reportedly-told-cu-band-to-cease-fight-song-for-shedeurs-rap

So even if Sanders didn't order the band to refrain from playing this whole idea in general is just poor gamesmanship. That program is ENTIRELY about a couple of individuals. Detroit doesn't need a QB, but I'd be pretty hard-pressed to be drafting Shadeur at all unless my team was in complete panic mode, ala the Broncos with Nix.

Again, he has all of the talent and mental ability. I just don't think he has been coached, molded, parented, or guided particularly well. He's going to have to learn how to be a good, coachable teammate which is often harder than learning football.

Edited by nagahide13

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

https://www.si.com/college/colorado/buffs-social/deion-sanders-reportedly-told-cu-band-to-cease-fight-song-for-shedeurs-rap

So even if Sanders didn't order the band to refrain from playing this whole idea in general is just poor gamesmanship. That program is ENTIRELY about a couple of individuals. Detroit doesn't need a QB, but I'd be pretty hard-pressed to be drafting Shadeur at all unless my team was in complete panic mode, ala the Broncos with Nix.

Again, he has all of the talent and mental ability. I just don't think he has been coached, molded, parented, or guided particularly well. He's going to have to learn how to be a good, coachable teammate which is often harder than learning football.

He is not a coachable teammate?  How is this true?  You have any proof he is not coachable?  The dude has had what four different offensive coordinators in his college career.  And is it his fault his father is a HOF player who has helicopter coached him his entire life?  What is Shedeur supposed to do say **** you dad I do not want to be coached by you?  

I agree he needs to be coached by someone not his father for awhile but considering the absolute beating he takes physically week in and week out and how lacking the Colorado team is in terms of general offensive talent outside of two or three players....I think he has done oddly well at the D1 level, not to mention having a Hall of Fame father who is one of the greatest players of all time and also one of the cockiest/brash players of all time.

But if people want to say Shedeur Sanders is this giant ******* who cannot be coached and does not listen and rips on his teammates constantly, I guess pretend all you want.  But just because you imagine that is the case does not make it a reality.  

Hate on the guy for "losing" hate on him for taking too many sacks and not getting rid of the football but you cannot hate on him for being some freaking brat that cannot be coached by anyone.  Losing does make him look bad as a QB like it would for any QB, so if anything at least he has some massive trails and tribulations to go through instead of the QB who is protected constantly around amazing talent and looks way better than he is because of it, Mac Jones or Matt Leinart.  Playing so poorly for Shedeur and Colorado is an issue but honestly that team is a mess, it would be hard to succeed because they clearly still do not have a OL, their OL coach is not really a coach and not very experienced at all regardless of being a former NFL OL...and that run game is terrible also, but Shedeur still does out there and does well despite the circus and all the poorly managed team around him.

21 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

But if people want to say Shedeur Sanders is this giant ******* who cannot be coached and does not listen and rips on his teammates constantly, I guess pretend all you want.  But just because you imagine that is the case does not make it a reality. 

Hate on the guy for "losing" hate on him for taking too many sacks and not getting rid of the football but you cannot hate on him for being some freaking brat that cannot be coached by anyone. 

Different posters are different people with different takes. You really shouldn't think of everyone outside of yourself as one entity with one message. I certainly did not say any of these things. Criticism from different sources should be taken as such. You really can't lump everyone that disagrees with you into one corner since they likely have wildly different perspectives from one another.

Why do I say he needs to be a better coachable teammate? Because he has thrown teammates under the bus, left the field early abandoning his teammates and refusing to shake with opponents, has his own rap song played when he scores and generally just does not seem to give a #$%^ about the team. Because he has only ever been coached by his father, who is a terrible coach. He will have to learn how to be coached by someone that is not his father. I mean, Deion was even his OC in highschool. It's all pretty straight forward. There, NOW i said it. 😄

21 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

What is Shedeur supposed to do say **** you dad I do not want to be coached by you? 

Yes, that is an option. If you're drafting a franchise QB you probably want someone that can think and act independently from their parents.

You want a franchise QB, not a brand. The Sanders' are brand building.

Edited by nagahide13

25 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Different posters are different people with different takes. You really shouldn't think of everyone outside of yourself as one entity with one message. I certainly did not say any of these things. Criticism from different sources should be taken as such. You really can't lump everyone that disagrees with you into one corner since they likely have wildly different perspectives from one another.

Why do I say he needs to be a better coachable teammate? Because he has thrown teammates under the bus, left the field early abandoning his teammates and refusing to shake with opponents, has his own rap song played when he scores and generally just does not seem to give a #$%^ about the team. Because he has only ever been coached by his father, who is a terrible coach. He will have to learn how to be coached by someone that is not his father. I mean, Deion was even his OC in highschool. It's all pretty straight forward. There, NOW i said it. 😄

Yes, that is an option. If you're drafting a franchise QB you probably want someone that can think and act independently from their parents.

You want a franchise QB, not a brand. The Sanders' are brand building.

Pretty sure you do not want to go throughout history of all the players that did not shake the hands of opponents after a game.  Pretty sure there has been some all time great players that did exactly that at one point or another in their career.

As for leaving the field, you do not know why he left the field, maybe he did not want the media to mob him on the field after the game, maybe he was trying to avoid fans in the stands trying to get under his skin, maybe he was going to check on the many injuries he probably had throughout the game....  

Deion Sanders being a terrible coach in terms of Xs and Os I agree, Shedeur needing to be coaching by someone not his father I agree.  As for this rap song, well players in Major league baseball have walk up music and he is clearly trying to sell his song, whatever it is he is Deion Sanders son so yeah he is trying to make a buck wonder where he got that from.  Not sure he is an awful teammate because of that, if you have literal comments from his teammates over his career so far saying he is an awful teammate then maybe that is something.  The rest is all just speculation and projection.  You think that OL is not blocking well because they hate the dude and despise him, I really doubt that.  

And I am well aware Deion Sanders coached him throughout, he was coaching him well before high school as well.

Fact still remains is he better than say Daniel Jones?  Yeah probably, better long term than Geno Smith, is he better than Will Levis, yeah probably so the kid is going to be a 1st round pick unless something crazy happens with him physically or with his dad wanting him this place or that... 

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You think that OL is not blocking well because they hate the dude and despise him, I really doubt that.  

I dont understand where you're getting this stuff. Did someone else say that?

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Fact still remains is he better than say Daniel Jones?  Yeah probably, better long term than Geno Smith, is he better than Will Levis, yeah probably so the kid is going to be a 1st round pick unless something crazy happens with him physically or with his dad wanting him this place or that... 

Geno Smith in Seattle is probably a great comparison for Shadeur's game and how he could translate to the NFL if things go well. Geno Smith in NY is a great example of how it could go poorly.

Yeah, he's probably better than Daniel Jones, Will Levis and a bunch of other guys that are starting games, but so is Jake Browning.

I think he's a late 1st barring un-forseen circumstances. Someone will definitely take a chance even if he slides.

8 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I dont understand where you're getting this stuff. Did someone else say that?

Geno Smith in Seattle is probably a great comparison for Shadeur's game and how he could translate to the NFL if things go well. Geno Smith in NY is a great example of how it could go poorly.

Yeah, he's probably better than Daniel Jones, Will Levis and a bunch of other guys that are starting games, but so is Jake Browning.

I think he's a late 1st barring un-forseen circumstances. Someone will definitely take a chance even if he slides.

If one wants to talk character issues, coachable issues, being a good leader/teammate issues the top two for me in terms of QB prospects coming into the NFL are Josh Rosen by a long shot then Jonny Manziel a close second.  Shedeur Sanders I would not put in that category at all, Josh Rosen was someone that thought he was above his teammates and could not relate to his teammates, Shedeur Sanders is not that and I would be surprised to hear any teammates rip on the kid as if he is.  

He is almost crazy humble and composed considering who his father is and considering he is what the highest paid NIL athlete in the nation at the moment...  How he is not beyond a total ******* I have no clue but to me he is not despite little things people point to here are there apparently.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Josh Rosen was someone that thought he was above his teammates and could not relate to his teammates, Shedeur Sanders is not that and I would be surprised to hear any teammates rip on the kid as if he is.  

He is almost crazy humble and composed considering who his father is and considering he is what the highest paid NIL athlete in the nation at the moment...  How he is not beyond a total ******* I have no clue but to me he is not despite little things people point to here are there apparently.

Dude... Are we talking about the same guy? Shedeur Sanders, the guy who openly complained about his OL just 2 days ago, dissed a former teammate because he had legitimate criticisms of Colorado's culture, the guy who flashes his Rolex after beating a 3-9 team, the guy who has his own rap song play over the loudspeaker when he scores a TD, that guy is "not someone who thinks he's above his teammates"? Seriously? You've been confronted with literal, verifiable proof of him being a jack*ss, and you're being oddly defensive about him. It's literally just okay to admit he needs to mature and you still have faith in him to develop into a franchise QB, but denying reality is bizarre.

7 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Dude... Are we talking about the same guy? Shedeur Sanders, the guy who openly complained about his OL just 2 days ago, dissed a former teammate because he had legitimate criticisms of Colorado's culture, the guy who flashes his Rolex after beating a 3-9 team, the guy who has his own rap song play over the loudspeaker when he scores a TD, that guy is "not someone who thinks he's above his teammates"? Seriously? You've been confronted with literal, verifiable proof of him being a jack*ss, and you're being oddly defensive about him. It's literally just okay to admit he needs to mature and you still have faith in him to develop into a franchise QB, but denying reality is bizarre.

Of all the little situations that people have brought up, I have yet to see one honestly be that serious of concerning.  Of course there are stories out there, Shedeur Sanders is click bait and the highest NIL athlete in college right now and any story about him will get attention, and writers want to find whatever they can because of who his dad is and because of how poorly they have done on the field at times.  He is polarizing because of what he gets paid, who his father is and the fact they are not consistently winning.  People want to see him and Colorado fail and I am kind of in that camp also, but I am been impressed with how he has handled the entire situation considering the circumstances he is in.

I am reading body language on the field and off the field and what he speaks like and says during interviews.  None of those things to me are cause for alarm, you want to find little stories about this little issue or that, great find them and paint him that way.  Again to me a QB with character and attitude issues coming into the NFL is Josh Rosen and Johnny Manziel, not Shedeur Sanders.  Shedeur's biggest character issue is the potential issues with his father and his father wanting this or that from an NFL team.  But that is speculation, and my guess is Shedeur will be a better player without his dad around not worse, but sadly his father might demand to be his coach as well which would be an issue.  

10 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Some more non-arrogance from the epitome of humbleness here.

Fowler-Nicolosi made this gesture to Travis Hunter during the game and said this the week before the game. 

"I think it goes to show that the hype, the media train, it only gets you so far at the end of the day. You have to line up 11 guys against our 11 guys, and we'll find out who wants it more. We'll see how far Instagram followers gets them."

And yes football players swear on the football field and at their opponents, before, during and after the game.  If you do not want to be subject to that maybe you should go watch and follow something else.

I'm torn.  On one hand, I love his confidence and belief in himself.  I'm all for boasting usually.  On the other hand... how is what someone said on Instagram the first thing you think to bring up when you see the opposing QB at midfield?  Just a lot of red flags when it comes to his ability to withstand criticism, which is probably a consequence of having his father coach him in HS and college.  I like him as a player but that really concerns me.

In isolation that clip is not a big deal at all, but again just so many signs he's giving that his attitude could be a problem

Edited by iknowcool

11 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I'm torn.  On one hand, I love his confidence and belief in himself.  I'm all for boasting usually.  On the other hand... how is what someone said on Instagram the first thing you think to bring up when you see the opposing QB at midfield?  Just a lot of red flags when it comes to his ability to withstand criticism, which is probably a consequence of having his father coach him in HS and college.  I like him as a player but that really concerns me.

In isolation that clip is not a big deal at all, but again just so many signs he's giving that his attitude could be a problem

Maybe but honestly some of the best athletes of all time are vain and vindictive, many uses slights by others in the media or opposition as motivation.  That is done constantly and by some of the best in their sports, some of the best all time.

Of course Shedeur is going to get hate because of who his father is, how much NIL money he makes and the fact they did not win when it mattered last year.  

That Colorado State QB did things during the game and said things during and before the game also.  But considering the kid was a 3 star recruit coming out, went to Jackson State after originally committing to FAU, and now is most likely going to be a top 10 selection in the 2025 NFL Draft.  He has done extremely well based on what he was like first few games at Jackson State being the son of Hall of Famer Deion Sanders.  Who would have thought he would be this good way back then coming out of high school?  It is impressive and being cocky, well I say again considering how cocky his father is, Shedeur is nothing compared to that and of course will have personality at times similar to his father.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Fowler-Nicolosi made this gesture to Travis Hunter during the game and said this the week before the game. 

"I think it goes to show that the hype, the media train, it only gets you so far at the end of the day. You have to line up 11 guys against our 11 guys, and we'll find out who wants it more. We'll see how far Instagram followers gets them."

And yes football players swear on the football field and at their opponents, before, during and after the game.  If you do not want to be subject to that maybe you should go watch and follow something else.

So CSU's QB ate crow and attempted to act sportsmanlike after the game to make amends, something that Shedeur has never done. Your PR campaign for him is very weird, dude.

• Like 1