Jaguars send 4 players to Pro Bowl

Adrenaline_Flux

The NFL needs to change the way that defensive players are selected. We need different categories in the front 7. Until that happens, I expect Telvin to be a yearly inclusion on the snub list, just as Daryl was.

16 hours ago, iPwn said:

Who should have gone though? T-Bo isn’t good. Fournette has missed 3 games. Linder missed 3. Everyone else involved in the run game has just kinda been solid, not great. Weird situation.

Yeah.  There isn't really any one specific guy you can point to and say he absolutely deserves to go from that offense.  It hasn't been all that consistent, and there's been a lot of rotation of guys too (up front and with the backs themselves).  It's all well and good to say, "top rushing team"...but it's more of a "by volume" thing.  We have by a fair marging, the most attempts in the league to pile up those yardage totals too.  Like, we're racking up an average of an extra 3-5 carries a game over the other heavy rushing teams.  A ton of teams where, if they added the 50+ extra carries to match our volume...even at ~4ypc, they'd easily pass us for total yardage.

No problems with what they're doing in that, leaning on the run game in bulk.  But it hasn't been quite as consistently dominant as i think the title "top rushing team" would indicate.  Don't mind nobody going from that side of the ball.  Offense is kinda clicking right now, but remembering back...there have been some rough games in there.

On defense on the other hand...

What exactly would Yannick have to do to get in, if not what he's done so far this year?  I mean...xD  He's gonna be mad on the field these next bunch of weeks.  Not that he doesn't play with that intensity anyway...but...look out.

Telvin i get.  It's stupid, but it's obviously a formula tilted against even the top off ball LBers when they're pitted against an entirely different position group for the same limited spots.  Really have to become a household name to overcome that, and this team obviously hasn't had the primetime exposure to fuel that.  Really need Gruden out there gushing over Telvin a few times to get him in.

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Which is dumb. Although if that was the case Yannick probably wouldn’t sniff it

Yan is tied for third in sacks in the AFC, and is leading by a huge margin in strip sacks. He should be in, even if they switched to EDGE

5 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  There isn't really any one specific guy you can point to and say he absolutely deserves to go from that offense.  It hasn't been all that consistent, and there's been a lot of rotation of guys too (up front and with the backs themselves).  It's all well and good to say, "top rushing team"...but it's more of a "by volume" thing.  We have by a fair marging, the most attempts in the league to pile up those yardage totals too.  Like, we're racking up an average of an extra 3-5 carries a game over the other heavy rushing teams.  A ton of teams where, if they added the 50+ extra carries to match our volume...even at ~4ypc, they'd easily pass us for total yardage.

No problems with what they're doing in that, leaning on the run game in bulk.  But it hasn't been quite as consistently dominant as i think the title "top rushing team" would indicate.  Don't mind nobody going from that side of the ball.  Offense is kinda clicking right now, but remembering back...there have been some rough games in there.

On defense on the other hand...

What exactly would Yannick have to do to get in, if not what he's done so far this year?  I mean...xD  He's gonna be mad on the field these next bunch of weeks.  Not that he doesn't play with that intensity anyway...but...look out.

Telvin i get.  It's stupid, but it's obviously a formula tilted against even the top off ball LBers when they're pitted against an entirely different position group for the same limited spots.  Really have to become a household name to overcome that, and this team obviously hasn't had the primetime exposure to fuel that.  Really need Gruden out there gushing over Telvin a few times to get him in.

Pretty sure we're top 5 in ypc too. So it's not just because we run it a lot that were getting a ton of bulk rushing yards.

Archived