Jump to content

Teams you think are overrated or underrated at this point


bomont

Recommended Posts

On 5/18/2024 at 2:57 PM, Duluther said:

To be fair, the totality of the AFCS (sans Manning's Colts) is just an appendage to the greater NFL. 

is it that way now though? Houston is a sexy pick to be #2 in the AFC. Tennessee added loads of weapons to their offense and help on the OL. Indy has their explosive QB back and added playmakers as well. if anything this is the most exciting the division has been in ages

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2024 at 2:42 PM, Soko said:

Do the Steelers count? Is anyone out there all that high on them?

I think Pittsburgh misses. Yeah, they’ve got an actual game managing QB and an OC that’s going to run the ball. Moving off of Pickett and going to Russ (or Fields, with his legs) should be a net positive. But I’m pretty lukewarm on Patrick Queen away from Roquan, at least until proven otherwise. Trading Diontae Johnson and replacing him with Van Jefferson isn’t a net positive, I think. Still have questions about their secondary, and have to wonder if Cam Hayward’s finally hit his wall. But mostly?  9-3 in one score games last year (which tend to be volatile and swing back the other way), the hardest schedule this year, and an absolute brutal second half. I know predicting actual bad results (not just below par, I mean bad) from a Mike Tomlin team is basically like predicting the sun won’t rise, but I’m gonna be surprised again if they prove doubters wrong in 2024.

What are the predicted wins?  Are people predicting 9-8 or 5-12?  They have a brutal schedule late so if you think 8-9, is that over rated?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think the Falcons are overrated purely based on the divisional odds, it has nothing to do with the Penix pick. They are -110 to win the division and yet TB is +300 and NO is even longer. Are we sure Cousins is going to be 100% healthy and back to normal coming off an injury, in a new offense and on a team with a new DC?

Tampa is my favorite in that division. New Orleans is stuck in mediocrity purgatory right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think the Falcons are overrated purely based on the divisional odds, it has nothing to do with the Penix pick. They are -110 to win the division and yet TB is +300 and NO is even longer. Are we sure Cousins is going to be 100% healthy and back to normal coming off an injury, in a new offense and on a team with a new DC?

Is it really a new offense when he's going from one McVay acolyte to another McVay acolyte? 

And the new HC was needed. It's like the Richmond FC going from a terrible coach who the players hated to Ted Lasso... only this Ted Lasso is actually qualified to coach the sport he's coaching and the locker room here isn't total dog **** like that one was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Danger said:

What? I've seen plenty of people pegging them as a top 3 team in the NFC lol. If anything they're overrated Imo

Differences of exposure. I’ve seen many takes, but can’t recall anyone putting them over SF, DET, or PHI for a top 3 NFC team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Duluther said:

Differences of exposure. I’ve seen many takes, but can’t recall anyone putting them over SF, DET, or PHI for a top 3 NFC team.

vast majority I've seen have them over PHI, and as the top 3 with SF and Detroit.


I personally think that Detroit still make the playoffs, though takes a step back this year. San Fran will have a Super Bowl hangover at some point in the season and I think they win somewhere between 9-11 games.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

Is it really a new offense when he's going from one McVay acolyte to another McVay acolyte? 

And the new HC was needed. It's like the Richmond FC going from a terrible coach who the players hated to Ted Lasso... only this Ted Lasso is actually qualified to coach the sport he's coaching and the locker room here isn't total dog **** like that one was.

I said DC, not HC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

 

I said DC, not HC

New coaching staff almost entirely. Only holdovers were:

OL coach/Run Game coordinator Dwayne Ledford

Sr. D assistant who was working with the LBs Dave Huxtable

WR coach who moved to be QB coach TJ Yates

RBs coach Michael Pitre

ST Coordinator Marquise Williams

AHC/Defense Jerry Gray

And a couple low-level offensive assistants in Shawn Flaherty (asst OL) and PAtrick Kramer (Asst QB/WR)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Danger said:

vast majority I've seen have them over PHI, and as the top 3 with SF and Detroit.


I personally think that Detroit still make the playoffs, though takes a step back this year. San Fran will have a Super Bowl hangover at some point in the season and I think they win somewhere between 9-11 games.

The niners will win 11 I think assuming average health.

Given how old the team is, wouldn't surprise me in the least if they got destroyed by injuries though.  Schedule makers aren't doing them much of a favor either. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, scar988 said:

Is it really a new offense when he's going from one McVay acolyte to another McVay acolyte

And the new HC was needed. It's like the Richmond FC going from a terrible coach who the players hated to Ted Lasso... only this Ted Lasso is actually qualified to coach the sport he's coaching and the locker room here isn't total dog **** like that one was.

Well, Arthur Smith wasn't a McVay acolyte, so that certainly makes it sound like a new offense to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Well, Arthur Smith wasn't a McVay acolyte, so that certainly makes it sound like a new offense to me.

He was referring to Cousins

Quote

Are we sure Cousins is going to be 100% healthy and back to normal coming off an injury, in a new offense and on a team with a new DC?

It's not that different of an offense from what they were running in Minnesota or LA from what the understanding is. Kirk has LOTS of input into it too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Danger said:

vast majority I've seen have them over PHI, and as the top 3 with SF and Detroit.


I personally think that Detroit still make the playoffs, though takes a step back this year. San Fran will have a Super Bowl hangover at some point in the season and I think they win somewhere between 9-11 games.

GB is overrated , DET takes a step back, and SF has a SH hangover. Who in tf is going to be good in the NFC, then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...