The 2018 Nobody Cares Bowl (Pro Bowl) Rosters

EaglesPeteC

Just now, iPwn said:

Did they go back to AFC vs NFC? I’ve seen a couple posts suggesting as much, but I hadn’t heard that was the case.

I don’t quite understand how Yannick Ngakoue didn’t make the list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Pro_Bowl

After three years of using a draft format, the 2017 Pro Bowl returned to the previous conference-based format, played between all-star teams representing the American Football Conference and National Football Conference.

11 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Donald Penn didnt deserve to be a Pro Bowler this year.

Harrison Smith, Telvin Smith, and Andrew Whitworth all got shafted.

Smith was best S in the league this year, Telvin is a dynamic young LB with uncommon atheleticism, and of all the offensive lineman i watched in games this year, Whitworth has to be the best one i saw play. He excels at everything. He should go into the HOF in my opinion and he continued his elite play this year.

That has been happening for years

2 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

Probably because in 2017 he isn't the best kicker, and Boswell is known for being clutch this season.

Tucker has 1 miss from under 50, and his couple of misses from 50+, most kickers wouldn't even attempt. Also he's never missed a PAT in his life, Boswell already has 2 this season. Boswell probably got in because of those primetime game winners.

9 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

Probably because in 2017 he isn't the best kicker, and Boswell is known for being clutch this season.

Probably not that. Because Justin Tucker is the best kicker again this year. See football outsiders field goal rating which scores each field goal/xp attempt vs the league-wide accuracy of kicks of the same distance:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst

Boswell isn't top 5. So the real reason he's in the probowl is probably because of the cute killer B references in all those Steelers primetime games. "Ben, Brown, Bell... and Boswell?!"  9_9

29 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Probably not that. Because Justin Tucker is the best kicker again this year. See football outsiders field goal rating which scores each field goal/xp attempt vs the league-wide accuracy of kicks of the same distance:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst

Boswell isn't top 5. So the real reason he's in the probowl is probably because of the cute killer B references in all those Steelers primetime games. "Ben, Brown, Bell... and Boswell?!"  9_9

The people voting for pro bowl are not looking at football outsider statistics dude.

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

The people voting for pro bowl are not looking at football outsider statistics dude.

I know, They are listening to catch phrases on SNF instead of actually checking the numbers including the quality/difficulty of kicks.

I wasn't addressing pro bowl voters, I was responding to your post incorrectly saying that Justin Tucker wasn't the best kicker in 2017. This isn't a historically great season like last year, which was likely the greatest kicker season ever, but he's still the best.

Archived