2024 WC Finals: (3) Minnesota Timberwolves v (5) Dallas Mavericks

11sanchez11

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

If Luka retired right now, would he go down as a better player all-time than Iverson?

Absolutely. Luka is at least a tier higher than Iverson as an overall player. He probably has 4 years better than any Iverson one. AI was more influential than elite.

Edited by Mox

Posted (edited)

No Luka at this time is nothing close to AI. Iverson was a multi nba scoring leader. 4 times actually. Was league MVP and most importantly he lead his team to an NBA finals and won a game on the road against a dominate Lakers team. Where no one gave them any chance at winning a single game. 

He did all that where the second best player on his team was Eric Snow. Who averaged 9 points a game. That sixers team was so talent deprived it’s not even funny.

Iverson set trends that till this day are around. The head band. The shooting sleeve. Cornrows. The baggy shorts. The tattoos. Iverson was generational. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Luka took 4 steps prior to hitting the final three pointer. NBA is a joke. For the record, I don't really care for either team, but Minnesota was clearly jobbed in that game. NBA sucks ***! 

??? up 18 at home? ISO play against the best player in the series. Yeah, no they don’t deserve a pitty part. They choked nasty. Lukas on 2 bum knees cooked those cowards. They were sending blitzes all night and it worked. They just forgot how to play basketball the last qtr… Ant was scared and some reason they don’t trust their all pro player Kat. Just baffling some in late game adjustments. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Luka took 4 steps prior to hitting the final three pointer. NBA is a joke. For the record, I don't really care for either team, but Minnesota was clearly jobbed in that game. NBA sucks ***! 

Listen, I hate the NBA as much as anyone but show me where Luka "took four steps" prior to hitting that shot. That shot was pure from every legal aspect of any level of basketball.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Listen, I hate the NBA as much as anyone but show me where Luka "took four steps" prior to hitting that shot. That shot was pure from every legal aspect of any level of basketball.

He steps back with both feet after the last dribble to get behind the 3pt line, and then steps back again a couple inches with both feet

Found one in slo mo

Edited by adamq

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Are you joking/ You are right, he traveled like a ****. Watch his feet after the last dribble. It was traveling by the rules of the game. I know they don't call it but after giving Dallas the basketball on that challenge, the officials absolutely owed Minnesota a make up call. 

Dallas was rewarded for getting away with a foul by getting the ball out of bounds in a very crucial moment of the game. THE most ****ed up rule in any sport anywhere. It's why the NBA is a ******* joke. If you are going to review a play, you cannot ignore the action, a foul, which caused the ball to go out of bounds. 

So, the letter of the rule, Dallas had to be given the ball. Also, by the letter of the rule, Luka traveled prior to that shot. The officials knew they ****ed Minnesota and choked on their whistles. 

Minnesota was screwed without any lubricant. You can't have it both ways. 

I am 100% with you on hating the NBA. I also don't like either team, but Mark Cuban is the tie breaker for me. I will always root against his team.

Edited by Old Guy

3 hours ago, adamq said:

He steps back with both feet after the last dribble to get behind the 3pt line, and then steps back again a couple inches with both feet

Found one in slo mo

Absolutely wrong tbh. He was still in the gather phase of the dribble the entire time and none of that would qualify as "stepping back" really. The feet may have shuffled but that's nothing different than literally any jump shot in at any level of basketball these days. Extreme microscope use. 

• Like 5