3 Skins make Pro Bowl

THESKINSFAN21

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

How does a team that can’t run the ball get two Olineman into the pro bowl?

Because it's voted on by fans and they only remember names they heard commentators talking about.

Trent Williams making the Pro Bowl shows just how meaningless it is.

Just now, Slateman said:

Because it's voted on by fans and they only remember names they heard commentators talking about.

Trent Williams making the Pro Bowl shows just how meaningless it is.

Didn't Trent Williams allow barely any pressure all season?  Or do you mean because he missed time with injury?  I think Scherff got in on name recognition.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Didn't Trent Williams allow barely any pressure all season?  Or do you mean because he missed time with injury?  I think Scherff got in on name recognition.  

He didn't play four games and he will probably miss the rest of the season. He got in on name recognition.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

How does a team that can’t run the ball get two Olineman into the pro bowl?

all reputation team. How many games has Trent actually played?  and then played at a pro bowl level  this season? If you are a very high draft pick and don't suck, you go to the pro bowl. I stand by my original comments two years ago on this forum "Trent is the most over rated Left Tackle in the league" He is good, doesn't suck, but he is at best average as a run blocker, above average to excellent as a pass blocker, gets out of shape too much and is injury prone and oh forgot loves Snoop and suspension prone. Scherff doesn't deserve to be in pro bowl this year either. Sorry, like his heart and attitude, but we suck rushing the ball and everyone is to blame and needs to get better. 

The only one who deserves to start in the Pro Bowl this year is Zach Brown. Cousins should be a backup. 

snoop-dogg-marijuana_large.jpg?v=1487645 

41 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Trent didn’t allow a sack all year and played with a torn ligament all year. If that guy doesn’t get in then they need to just forget the Pro Bowl even exists.

Scherff played great until his sprained his knee. Ever since then he hasn’t been quite as good but when you watch the All-22 you see Scherff dominate DT’s, and he’s greet at getting out and leading running backs or receivers downfield in the screen game.

Its really not either of these two’s fault we can’t run the ball. 

1. Our scheme doesn’t make much sense. We try to combine a zone blocking scheme and a man blocking scheme instead of just picking one and perfecting it.

2. Our entire OL has battled injuries most of the year.

3. Our running backs miss a lot of holes or are too slow to get to the holes - except for Thompson - which is why we should draft a RB early in the draft.

4. Our TEs and WRs haven’t blocked well either. So, even if the OL blocked a play perfectly and our RB hit the hole fast and found a hole, if your TE misses a block or your WRs aren’t blocking well, that perfectly blocked play by your OL will probably only go for 5 yards.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Trent didn’t allow a sack all year and played with a torn ligament all year. If that guy doesn’t get in then they need to just forget the Pro Bowl even exists.

Scherff played great until his sprained his knee. Ever since then he hasn’t been quite as good but when you watch the All-22 you see Scherff dominate DT’s, and he’s greet at getting out and leading running backs or receivers downfield in the screen game.

1. Our scheme doesn’t make much sense. We try to combine a zone blocking scheme and a man blocking scheme instead of just picking one and perfecting it.

3. Our running backs miss a lot of holes or are too slow to get to the holes - except for Thompson - which is why we should draft a RB early in the draft.

4. Our TEs and WRs haven’t blocked well either. So, even if the OL blocked a play perfectly and our RB hit the hole fast and found a hole, if your TE misses a block or your WRs aren’t blocking well, that perfectly blocked play by your OL will probably only go for 5 yards.

Turtle speaking Truth to Power and making some excellent points. 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

This is why ^^^. 

Trent and Brandon deserved it.

What I like is our home grown players are starting to be our pro bowl reps. I fully expect to see Fuller and Kirk and Allen and maybe smith in the coming years. I’m hopeful for Doctson and Nicholson but Nicholson has to find a way to stay healthy and he needs to get that shoulder right. I don’t think it was properly healed after surgery

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

And now Trent announces he’s getting surgery next week and going on IR. Feel played yet? 

I'm glad he stuck it out for as long as possible. But with no more hope of getting into the playoffs and NSekhe able to do the job reasonably well at LT, I think its the smart move by him and the team. Gives him 2 week head start on his rehab. Which cannot be overstated.

2 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

And now Trent announces he’s getting surgery next week and going on IR. Feel played yet? 

Feel played? Nah, not by Trent. If there's one guy Daniel Snyder has spent a boat load of money on and got his money's worth it's Trent. He's basically been the best LT in football for the last five years. Hes without a doubt my favorite player on this team and he always gives this team 100%. It's sad we're wasting two dominant LT back to back.

Archived