Pro Bowl

sammymvpknight

It was great to see a number of Saints make it, including two rookies. Very bright future indeed. It was also cool to see Michael Thomas make it after seeing Colston be the odd man out for years. 

Also, has a team ever had two RB pro bowlers before? That has to be a first. I’m happy to see Ingram get in...though it makes him a free agent. He definitely deserves recognition. He’s handled the AP and Kamara thing better than anyone possibly could. True team leader. 

11 hours ago, JMG5 said:

Ingram only becomes a free agent if he makes the All-Pro 1st team.

Happy to see Jordan get in. He has balled out all year.

That's what I understood, too. There's a difference between Pro Bowl and All Pro 1st Team.

It's going to be a toss up between Ingram and Todd Gurley. Gurley has the likely nod at this point.

Gurley - 1817 all purpose yards (1187 rushing - 630 receiving) and 17 TD's (13 rushing - 4 receiving)
Ingram - 1420 all purpose yards (1045 rushing - 375 receiving) and 11 TD's (all rushing)

I'd say it's looking like a long shot for Ingram to make 1st team. He's a lock for 2nd team.

FYI, Kamara is at 1336 all purpose (652, 684) and 12 TD's (7, 5). That's with missing a game, and a rookie. Not too shabby.

12 hours ago, JMG5 said:

Ingram only becomes a free agent if he makes the All-Pro 1st team.

Happy to see Jordan get in. He has balled out all year.

3 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

That's what I understood, too. There's a difference between Pro Bowl and All Pro 1st Team.

You're both right. Ingram will remain a Saint. No way he beats out Gurley unless Gurley gets hurt and Ingram has about 300 yards and 4 scores while Gurley is out. And even then they might still give Gurley or Bell the nod. 

2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

It's going to be a toss up between Ingram and Todd Gurley. Gurley has the likely nod at this point.

Gurley - 1817 all purpose yards (1187 rushing - 630 receiving) and 17 TD's (13 rushing - 4 receiving)
Ingram - 1420 all purpose yards (1045 rushing - 375 receiving) and 11 TD's (all rushing)

I'd say it's looking like a long shot for Ingram to make 1st team. He's a lock for 2nd team.

FYI, Kamara is at 1336 all purpose (652, 684) and 12 TD's (7, 5). That's with missing a game, and a rookie. Not too shabby.

And having AP in the backfield the first 3 games sucking up carries and wasting space.

Archived