How Are They Doing?

Nex_Gen

Simple game. List any player(s) you're curious about. Maybe they were a draft crush or just a player that intrigues you. Someone who roots for their respective team can chime in. Keep the ball rolling. I'll start:

Andrew Booth

Troy Andersen

Max Mitchell

Tylan Wallace

Nakobe Dean

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Andrew Booth

Poorly.

His biggest red flag was injuries, and sure enough, it’s caused a slow start for him. But beyond that, he’s just not been good. Over-aggressive and gets flagged or burned. 

Currently buried in the depth chart as a ~3rd stringer. Rumors are that’d he’s a pre-season cut candidate (alongside fellow draft cohort S Lewis Cine).

3 minutes ago, adamq said:

Chiggy Okonkwo TE

Okonkwo had a phenomenal rookie season, but stalled a bit last year when the whole offense was falling apart. Not much of a blocker, but looks like he’s a dynamic pass catcher.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Simple game. List any player(s) you're curious about. Maybe they were a draft crush or just a player that intrigues you. Someone who roots for their respective team can chime in. Keep the ball rolling. I'll start:

Andrew Booth

Troy Andersen

Max Mitchell

Tylan Wallace

Nakobe Dean

Andersen was solid as a rookie. Got injured last year. I'm projecting him to win back his starting role from Landman though.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, adamq said:

Chiggy Okonkwo TE

Tucker Kraft TE

Khalil Shakir WR

Lukas Van Ness DL

He really started shining to end the year once Diggs went AWOL. He has a slim chance of becoming a #1. I think he has a solid chance of becoming a good #2. His route running, hands, and YAC are all really strong. At worst, he'll settle in as a good #3 with versatility to play slot or outside. 

So, overall- he's been a valuable player given where he was drafted. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 4:09 PM, Duluther said:

Poorly.

His biggest red flag was injuries, and sure enough, it’s caused a slow start for him. But beyond that, he’s just not been good. Over-aggressive and gets flagged or burned. 

Currently buried in the depth chart as a ~3rd stringer. Rumors are that’d he’s a pre-season cut candidate (alongside fellow draft cohort S Lewis Cine).

That sucks to hear. I saw him as a sure 1st rounder coming out and thought the Vikings got a steal early in the 2nd. Has he at least flashed against the run? Dude was a missile on his college tape.

Edited by Nex_Gen

On 5/21/2024 at 6:09 PM, Duluther said:

Poorly.

I hated the pick when you took him. Reminded me a ton of a poor mans Kevin King. I don't know why the Vikings keep going for stiff hipped corners but they love them... I'm shocked Lewis Cine busted though.... I thought he had star potential. 

23 hours ago, adamq said:

Lukas Van Ness DL

Promising rookie year. Started out kind of slow and got better as the season went along. In the last 9 games he had multiple pressures  in 6 of them. Probably one of the reasons the Packers season turned around on defense is his emergence as a disrupter. He had 5 sacks trading between the #3 & #4 pass rusher. He will most likely be the #3 to #2 this year so he needs a 2nd year leap but for a relatively raw guy not a bad rookie campaign. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

That sucks to hear. I saw him as a sure 1st rounder coming out and thought the Vikings got a steal early in the 2nd. Has he at least flashed against the run? Dude was a missile on his college tape.

To be honest, he hasn’t received enough snaps to showcase his run support. Whenever he’s in, it’s usually a pass to his receiver assignment.