2024 potential late round overperformers

On 5/25/2024 at 12:33 PM, LinderFournette said:

I'll throw Myles Coke Edge Texas Tech.  

Dude has all the physical tools to be a good edge.  Just hasn't performed well as a pass rusher in his snaps but for a 7th I think he can easily be a 3rd edge.

Fantastic fit for Nielsen's defense. May not be great year one, but fits what Nielsen likes in a SDE really well.

On 5/25/2024 at 6:49 AM, jebrick said:

Payton Wilson is an easy pick to potentially out perform his draft pick.  Would have been a 1st round pick but for the medicals.

I agree I think he's going to be a beast for the Steelers. Disregarding age/medicals/positional importance, I thought he was the most talented defensive player in this draft class.

For the Saints, I really liked Spencer Rattler before the draft and thought he easily could have been a 2nd round pick with quite a bit of upside to become a quality starting QB with his arm talent. As a 5th round pick, he's easily my favorite pick in the draft. Really excited to see how he develops. He's in a good position to take over as a starting QB in the next couple years with Derek Carr being easily moved on from after this season if he falters. 

Outside of the Saints, Payton Wilson was already mentioned in this thread, so I'm my next favorite pick to outperform draft position was Jaylen Wright. Thought he was the best RB in this draft class, and was drafted to the perfect team to get the most out of his explosive athletic traits. Achane/Wright is going to be a fun duo to watch for the next several year. I expect Wright to overtake Mostert's role fairly soon in that offense. 

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

I think last year's pick of Pickens is gonna have a great year for them this year. Playing between Dexter and Sweat and coming in as a fresh Tasmanian devil type behind Andrew Billings brute strength isn't going to hurt him at all.

I hope so. I was a fan of the pick but I know a lot of DTs seem to have a much harder transition than some other spots. I like the idea of him getting to play 3T while Dexter Jr. kicks over to NT when they go to a clear passing down.

Jones dropped off last year IMO. He made more sacks but was pushed around and stonewalling more consistently from what i saw. Hopefully Pickens starts to take his snaps due to productivity.

On 5/28/2024 at 1:24 PM, scar988 said:

Fantastic fit for Nielsen's defense. May not be great year one, but fits what Nielsen likes in a SDE really well.

Baalke took him cuz he's a Baalke guy.  highly athletic and Long(that wingspan tho).

Probably ends up as edge 4 this year I think behind Allen, Walker and Gipson.