NFL Expansion Draft 2018 // FFDE 18' Sign-Up (6/8)

One Punch Man

PART ONE (For Everyone)

1. You are now the GM for your favorite NFL team (or another team that you feel you are objectively familiar with, a team you can give perspective on in it's best interest).

2. Pretend there is an expansion team coming into the NFL, and the commissioner has contacted you and said you must put 8 from your roster up for the new team’s expansion draft. Meaning those 8 players could potentially be “drafted” and placed on the roster of the expansion team. Basically you’re putting up 8 players you’re willing to part with, for whatever reason. Use players that are contracted through 2018.

Example: I’m the Seahawks GM. The 8 players I would put up for the expansion draft from my roster...

1. CB Richard Sherman

2. S Kam Chancellor

3. OG Mark Glowinski

4. S Earl Thomas

5. LT Rees Odhiambo

6. OT George Fant

7. CB Jeremy Lane

8. RB Eddie Lacy

3. Make your case for your list of 8 players, in regards to WHY you’d be willing to part with them. The more specific, the better.

Example: For my 8, I’d be dumping off big contracts on aging, injured players (Kam, Rich, Thomas) or getting rid of underperforming players (Lacy, Mark, Lane), players that have no real role or players that have no potential for improvement and/or can be easily replaced (Rees, Fant). 

These players will eventually be put up for the upcoming FFDE Expansion Draft.

PART TWO (For those interested in being a part of the FFDE)

What is the FFDE?

Football’s Future Division Expansion 

Think the Houston Texans, but every division.

Every division, both conferences, will receive an expansion team.

So 8 new teams.

Each team will be constructing a 53-man roster.

The 8 new teams will be drafting from the players the other 32 NFL teams designated as available (the 8 from each team put up for the expansion draft), as well as any other current NFL free agents.

What is your part in the FFDE?

Sign up and create a team if a division is available! Make sure your team identity is somewhat geographically correct (you can’t sign up for the AFC West and base your team in New York). 

A separate thread will be made for the actual draft, and for the FFDE member to post their rosters, their team info, etc. Right now, all that’s needed are people to sign-up.

FFDE Sign-Up

NFC

WEST - One Punch Man

EAST - EaglesPeteC

NORTH -

SOUTH -

AFC

WEST - AlNFL19

EAST - Fragafootball

NORTH - LinderFournette

SOUTH - IrishHooligan00

NFL TEAMS EXPANSION DRAFT POOL

Arizona Cardinals -
Atlanta Falcons -
Baltimore Ravens -
Buffalo Bills -
Carolina Panthers -
Chicago Bears -
Cincinnati Bengals -
Cleveland Browns -
Dallas Cowboys -

QB Cooper Rush, TE Blake Jarwin, WR Lance Lenoir, OLB Tre'von Johnson, S Duke Thomas, DT Richard Ash, DE Lewis Neal, G Kadeem Edwards

Denver Broncos -
Detroit Lions -
Green Bay Packers -
Houston Texans -

WR Deante Gray, RT Derek Newton, ILB Brian Cushing, G Jeff Allen, CB Kareem Jackson, OLB Gimel President, RB Tyler Ervin, 

OL Kendall Lamm

Indianapolis Colts -
Jacksonville Jaguars -

RB Chris Ivory, OT Josh Wells, DT Abry Jones, WR Allen Hurns, P Brad Nortman, WR Arrelious Benn, DT Michael Bennett, TE Mychael Rivera

Kansas City Chiefs -
Miami Dolphins -
Minnesota Vikings -
New England Patriots -

TE Dwayne Allen, RB Mike Gilliselle, WR Kenny Britt, DL Keionta Davis, OL Andrew Jelks, S Jordan Richards, LB Nicholas Grigsby, S Brandon King

New Orleans Saints -
New York Giants -
New York Jets -
Oakland Raiders -
Philadelphia Eagles -

QB Nate Sudfield, RB Wendell Smallwood, WR Torrey Smith, TE Brent Celek, G Chance Warmack, DE Vinny Curry, LB Joe Walker, LS Rick Lovato

Pittsburgh Steelers -

St. Louis (LA) Rams -

WR Tavon Austin, LB Marc Barron, OLB/DE Robert Quinn, RB Lance Dunbar, DT/DE Dominique Easley, Isaiah Johson, TE Terrick Hemingway, DE Carlos Thompson

San Diego Chargers -
San Francisco 49ers -
Seattle Seahawks - 

CB Richard Sherman, S Kam Chancellor, OG Mark Glowinski, S Earl Thomas, OT Rees Odhiambo, OT George Fant, RB Eddie Lacy, CB Jeremy Lane

Tampa Bay Buccaneers -
Tennessee Titans -
Washington Redskins -

Not trying to be a turd but actually trying to be helpful. I read this twice and still have no idea what you are going for here. Id rewrite the OP and be more step by step and be clearer about your idea if you want people to sign up. Id consider it if i had a firmer grasp on what you wanted here. 

7 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Not trying to be a turd but actually trying to be helpful. I read this twice and still have no idea what you are going for here. Id rewrite the OP and be more step by step and be clearer about your idea if you want people to sign up. Id consider it if i had a firmer grasp on what you wanted here. 

Apparently someone grasped it enough to move this from NFL Gen. Ugh. You’re right though. 

I’ll re-write and see if it’ll draw anyone in.

On 12/20/2017 at 1:22 AM, One Punch Man said:

Example: I’m the Seahawks GM. The 8 players I would put up for the expansion draft from my roster...

1. CB Richard Sherman

2. S Kam Chancellor

3. OG Luke Joeckel

4. TE Nick Vannett

5. LT Rees Odhiambo

6. QB Austin Davis

7. CB Jeremy Lane

8. RB Eddie Lacy

I don't think you would be permitted to put up impending free agents in an actual expansion draft.  Otherwise everyone would just do that.

12 minutes ago, Crickett said:

I don't think you would be permitted to put up impending free agents in an actual expansion draft.  Otherwise everyone would just do that.

You’re right.

Details aside (I will fix my list and give attention to any errors)... let’s get some actual sign ups or lists going ?

Ill give itba go if it gets off the ground as the NFC East

Philadelphia Eagles Unprotected Players

1. QB Nate Sudfield- 3rd QB

2. RB Wendell Smallwood- buried on depth chart

3. WR Torrey Smith- contract 

4. TE Brent Celek- age and contract

5. G Chance Warmack- bad at football

6. DE Vinny Curry- underperforming with a huge contract

7. LB Joe Walker- meh

8. LS- Rick Lovato- an ok LS

Ill do the afc north.

I wasnt sure if we are using 2017 rosters or 2018 rosters so i went with guys under contract for 2018.

For the jags i nominate: 

Chris ivory- overpaid 2nd string rb

mychal Rivera- overpaid scrub te

Josh wells-3rd ot whos not great but not bad

Allen Hurns-overpaid 3rd wr

Abry Jones- co-starting nt that is overpaid and isn't as good as Marcel Dareus. 

Brad Nortman- overpaid punter whos been inconsistent.

Arrelious Benn- just a ster and a depth wr

Michael Bennett- just a rotational dt that seems to never be healthy.

I'll nominate 8 players for the New England Patriots. Some of them are on IR/non-football injury, but I assumed that was okay because many of your example Seahawks players (Sherman, Chancellor, etc.) are on IR.

TE Dwayne Allen - Has been disappointing as a receiver and only really offers blocking option. Would be an overpaid 3rd TE upon Bennett's return. Offers less potential and receiving ability than Jacob Hollister.

RB Mike Gillislee - Has been disappointing to the point where he was a healthy scratch numerous times. Skillset is no longer useful with Rex Burkhead stepping ahead on depth chart. Offers little to team.

WR Kenny Britt - New to and unfamiliar with team. Wouldn't be a big locker-room loss. Hasn't played much and has a skillset that doesn't mesh well with the offense. Can be replaced by second-year wideout Malcolm Mitchell.

DL Keionta Davis - Hasn't played. On reserve currently. Wouldn't be a big loss and is unproven NFL player.

OL Andrew Jelks - See above.

S Jordan Richards - Has been a bust. Hasn't offered what the team wanted from him. Skillset doesn't work in three-safety scheme and hasn't been overly effective in time as a linebacker.

LB Nicholas Grigsby - Not high on the depth chart. Hasn't offered much. Wouldn't be a big locker-room loss.

S Brandon King - Doesn't offer much depth defensively. Good on special teams but can be replaced with young, athletic CBs like Cyrus Jones, Jonathan Jones. Not a core member of roster.

If I could contribute in re: the Texans (if @LinderFournette does not mind...) 

The eight (8) Texans players would be:

(1) WR Deante Gray - was hurt in first season; young,  but has not show much

(2) RT Derek Newton - severe knee damage; expensive salary for a player not likely to play another down

(3) ILB Brian Cushing - nearing the end of his career; 10 game league drug suspension is final straw

(4) G Jeff Allen - over-priced OL who is not living up to his contract

(5) CB Kareem Jackson - not living up to his contract; has shined at safety

(6) OLB Gimel President - flashed some potential, but Texans need better 4th OLB pass rusher

(7) RB Tyler Ervin - injured and may never be the same; didn't produce when given plenty of opportunities

(8) T/G Kendall Lamm - jack of all OL positions, but master of none

Other options: WR DeAndrew White // WR Cobi Hamilton // TE Ryan Malleck // QB Tayleo Heinicke // DE Matt Godin 

Looking at the seahawks lost i dont think the seahawks expose Sherman or thomas.  I would replace them with cliff avril(its highly questionable if he ever plays again) and blair walsh(hes terrible). So walsh is a free agent to be but they have jason myers so Jason myers. Hes a good kickoff guy but man hes about as inaccurate as u can get. 

Archived