NFL Expansion Draft 2018 // FFDE 18' Sign-Up (6/8)

One Punch Man

2 hours ago, One Punch Man said:

I appreciate the concern and will adjust it. It’s not just restricted to the players offered up by other teams: current NFL free agents are up for the draft as well. Sure, you’ll be looking at undrafted, unsigned rookies, past-prime vets and practice squad players, but anything to fill up that 53.

As we get closer to pulling this thing off, I’d like to get your guys opinion on this upcoming year’s draft class and how/if it should be incorporated.

Also, what would you guys think about drafting players from the AFL and CFL? 

I would do a mock of the 2018 draft. Each person drafts for their expansion team and division. I would draft for my team and all 4 NFC East teams.

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

I would do a mock of the 2018 draft. Each person drafts for their expansion team and division. I would draft for my team and all 4 NFC East teams.

Ooo I like that. Determine draft order as a reverse snake of the Expansion draft order? So if you picked #1 in Expansion, you go #8 in College Draft?

17 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

In that case, should we have each person who nominates players for a team also nominate team needs for the draft?

On 1/19/2018 at 4:18 PM, Danger said:

What's been selected here has been picked but I'm going to offer my 8 that I'd give up.

S Rodney McLeod
QB Nick Foles
TE Brent Celek
G Chance Warmack
G Isaac Seumalo
RB Donnell Pumphrey
WR Shelton Gibson
---
WR Torrey Smith

First seven could have notable dead money that we really would rather be rid of, but I couldn't think of an 8th player we'd like to dump with any dead significant amount of dead money on their deal, so I just defaulted to that scrub Torrey Smith

We should keep Joe Walker, he's a capable backup. Nick Foles is a good backup but we're still overpaying him based off his cumulative performance so far.

Vinny Curry is an interesting case. Are we overpaying him? Yeah probably, but he's still a good player. I think the case for dumping him is stronger in this situation where we'd save $11 Million than in reality where we'd only save $5 Million 

In regards to Torrey Smith, we can cut him without penalty, if your goal is to remove dead weight, there's no need to include him on this list unless you don't have anyone else you're willing to part ways with.

@EaglesPeteC

Seee @EaglesPeteC Someone else who agrees on McWho lol

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived