WTF are the higher ups thinking?

MDSteeler1971

We have a perfectly capable RB waiting to be signed and know our offense in DeAngelo Williams and we sign Stevan Ridley????  Is everyone else as confused as I am? Ridley has all of 39 carries since 2014!!! I know I know In Steelers We Trust but come on!!! DW34 should be on our roster...

8 hours ago, MDSteeler1971 said:

I think it's more about the $$$

You can speculate forever but the fact is you dont know.    None of us do.

I dont think its about the money because DWill has been unemployed all season and would likely be a cheap sign.     And if it IS about money, its probably because he doesnt think its worth coming back unless he is getting paid what he feels is worth coming back for....which may be out of most teams price range (in regards to what they are willing to pay a 34 old back with supposedly bad knees).

As stated, its not like other teams are signing him either.    Steeler fans seem to like to attack the front office for not signing players that no one else is signing, and usually for a legit reason.   The fact that we didnt resign DWill in the offseason tells me they didnt trust his ability to hold up, he is asking for money no one wants to pay him,  OR something happened between DWill and the coaches/FO.....because based on his play alone last year, they absolutely shouldve signed him to a 1 year deal to give them better depth.   The fact that they rolled with Frenchy and Watson over him tells me something else is going on.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Steeler fans seem to like to attack the front office for not signing players that no one else is signing, and usually for a legit reason.   The fact that we didnt resign DWill in the offseason tells me they didnt trust his ability to hold up, he is asking for money no one wants to pay him,  OR

See:  Peterson, Adrian

14 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

You can speculate forever but the fact is you dont know.    None of us do.

I dont think its about the money because DWill has been unemployed all season and would likely be a cheap sign.     And if it IS about money, its probably because he doesnt think its worth coming back unless he is getting paid what he feels is worth coming back for....which may be out of most teams price range (in regards to what they are willing to pay a 34 old back with supposedly bad knees).

As stated, its not like other teams are signing him either.    Steeler fans seem to like to attack the front office for not signing players that no one else is signing, and usually for a legit reason.   The fact that we didnt resign DWill in the offseason tells me they didnt trust his ability to hold up, he is asking for money no one wants to pay him,  OR something happened between DWill and the coaches/FO.....because based on his play alone last year, they absolutely shouldve signed him to a 1 year deal to give them better depth.   The fact that they rolled with Frenchy and Watson over him tells me something else is going on.

Sure we don't know but when DWIII said in an interview that he's not playing for league min you don't think that has any effect?

4 hours ago, MDSteeler1971 said:

Sure we don't know but when DWIII said in an interview that he's not playing for league min you don't think that has any effect?

I mean....it depends on how much over league minimum he wanted.

I dont blame him....but I dont blame teams for not wanting to pay a 34 year old back, either.

Archived