Shower Thoughts: What NFL stories would work for Hollywood?

TecmoSuperJoe

I remember hearing a while ago that the Kurt Warner story was being developed for a movie, which seems to be the poster boy for the next "true story" NFL film. However I was wondering what else might be interesting for a general audience for the NFL. There was Concussion. I guess was thinking more along the lines of a romanticized feel-good story like a lot of sports films try to capitalize on.

By the way I vote no on Tim Tebow. :)

Warner is a good one. 

Brady has a Cinderella story as far as football goes, but no one will go see a Tom Brady movie, lol. Also not sure there’d be enough, let’s say “conflict”, for most of the movie. Yeah he was a 6th rounder that made the team as 4th QB, won the backup job, then won a SB. But then he won another one. And another one. Then he married a super model. Later winning two more trophies. 

Maybe Eli would be his nemesis, I don’t know.

Kurt Warner: Grocery Bagger/shelf stocker to NFL MVP, Super Bowl Champion, and Hall of Famer

The Rocky Bleier Story: Veitnam Veteran who loses part of his foot fighting/in a grenade blast and goes on to NFL success/4 time Super Bowl champion

Jimmy Graham was abused by other children in a group home for most of his childhood until he hit a growth spurt and got bigger than all of them.

He was adopted by a woman who took him out of the group home and interested in basketball. Bet y’all didn’t know JG played BBall, huh?

She made him improve his grades and pushed him to success academically as well as on the court. It actually feels quite Blindside-ish.

Nathan Peterman seems like a good option.  A young boy grows up with NFL aspirations.  He goes to the school of his dreams in Tennessee only to get pushed out by a better player in Josh Dobbs.  Transfers to Pittsburgh and still kind of does okay.  Finally gets his shot at starting an NFL game and then proceeds to have arguably the worst half of any player ever in the history of the NFL.  Cue ending credits.

As much as I can't stand the guy, I would probably watch a Johnny Manziel movie on someone else's Netflix account.  Not paying $15 to go to a theater for that garbage, though.

On a serious note, I would honestly pay to watch Antonio Brown's story told in a movie.  Not the best upbringing in Miami, constantly denied by schools whether it's due to academics/character and scouts only to become the best receiver in the league and one of the best role models for kids when it comes to work ethic.

I would watch J.J. Watt's story.  Former pizza delivery guy turned NFL legend.  I think he's too much of a PR act sometimes but what he was able to facilitate for that city this year was genuinely amazing.

Archived